• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Why no hype?

I consider the new nsx a world car...produced in the good ol USA....those are all positives ....The fact that I have had dinner with and talked many times to the project lead engineer doesn't hurt either.I can't say I've had that opportunity with any other supercar maker..

what are your experiences with the everyday man on the street when they see your car and the new NSX invariably becomes the topic of conversation?

is there hype in the non-NSX world?

I'd say 90% of friends who know I have a gen1 as well as anyone new I'd stumble into and meet for the first time say at a cnc have asked me if I knew about the new one coming out and if I was excited about it. So there is definitely awareness. Usually most seem enthused about it. Honestly I think most all non-owners I've discussed it with are more hyped or semi-excited about it than most owners I've talked with. So there's some good to point to there.

most of my friends ask if I'm buying the new car....they are also surprised to learn it approaches 200k.So if I could infer anything from that, it is that the average person knows of the car, has little specific knowledge, and is amazed it costs so much.

This is what Acura needs ↓↓. Liked it a lot, but needed a motor.....had 9K sewing machine power.

S2000.jpg~original

I consider the new nsx a world car...produced in the good ol USA....those are all positives ....

A point mostly missed so far is the NSX and Corvette are the only two sports cars made in America.
And shipped globally.

I had an 00 S2000 from 1999 to 2005.

Great fun

It was basically a better British roadster or Miata upgrade.

Another example of Honda dropping something really good on the market and not providing product support through the lifecycle.

Now Honda is stuck with a gap in production between models and dealers clamoring for another sports car (the same story as with Acura has been dealing with since 2005).

Last edited:
yes sadly honda has killed every true enthusiast sporty car .....the accord continues forever.....

This is the kind of comparo hype that Acura needs to emulate!

Someone other than Acura needs to put the rubber to the road...no excuses about the car not being press ready - they've worn
that excuse out for 10 years.

Why all the vagaries? I bought my 1st NSX after a test drive on the same day. Was told by my
long time dealer that won't be happening on the new NSX.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CyGd-7ZIUU

Anybody other than me notice that the most hyped and busy threads currently are the ones about why no hype, and why aren't people posting on Prime as much?

Holding down the hype at this point might be the best thing

if they really do have an order book 2 years long, hyping to create demand would just lead to more disappointed folks who couldn't get a car in a reasonable period or may incentivize the stealerships toward more and larger market adjustments

Why no hype?
Maybe....photos of the car don't visually excite people, pricey, no real performance #'s released, still haven't seen an exciting vid/review, kinda lame exhaust note....

nothing yet yoda............

whether the Japanese are true exotic sport scar producers or not is in part determined by your age and perspective.At the time in 91 the automotive press was split..the snobs called it an italian wannabe , others applauded it for the precision in construction.Tough sell.....but the rest is history.......now what about those folks born in the lat 80's......to them the Japanese auto industry is a different animal then to those of us born in the 50's and 60's.

I can agree with the age perspective. I don't feel like the car is taking too long as I'm a rather patient person when it comes to certain things.

The ones that seem to be upset here are the people that can't wait any longer for the new one to do something, like the new car actually hit the roads properly for reviews and such. So I think it's more of a reflection of Honda/1st gen NSX letdown than 2nd gen shortcomings.

I consider the new nsx a world car...produced in the good ol USA....those are all positives ....The fact that I have had dinner with and talked many times to the project lead engineer doesn't hurt either.I can't say I've had that opportunity with any other supercar maker..

I too have had the opportunity to meet and discuss the NSX with the project leader.
Very dedicated and knowledgeable person, a car guy to be sure.

Despite the continuing negative comments about the NSX, I believe it offers great value for the price, much as the 91 did when it was launched.
It always seems to take more time for the non-European marques to be appreciated.

Why no hype?
Maybe....photos of the car don't visually excite people, pricey, no real performance #'s released, still haven't seen an exciting vid/review, kinda lame exhaust note....

simple, to the point. can't argue with that...

comparing the car, and especially the advertising and marketing to Porsche, Audi, or Ferrari. it certainly doesn't seem as hype worthy...

Why no hype?

I have not closely followed along to hear any reason, but does anybody know why Acura is so tightlipped about sharing any performance numbers, when (my possibly uneducated view is that) it seems that the design goal was to squeeze in as much tech as possible to beat as many performance parameters as possible.

The thing is whether it will sell? I heard from the website( forgot what website it is) but Singapore Honda Distributor will not import the NSX to Singapore and this year there will be only 3 NSX going to China.

Or perhaps they are being conservative to not hype up unrealistic performance numbers? It's better to get 3rd party numbers than factory claims. This is Honda's typical style when it comes to estimates. The car has been shown to dyno ~500 whp which is pretty damn good considering the 570 hp claim...

- - - Updated - - -

Found some decent real world tests in another post:

I'm not sure if anyone has posted these yet. Nsx acceleration videos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTnAtOr6hiE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJMiRTkXjuA

Back