• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Will you ever sell your NSX?

Nice to see all the OG's in this thread. Sadly, I have barely driven my NSX the last couple of years but got it out of the garage for the first time this year. Getting a rim repaired and then hope to milk a week or 2 (if am lucky) before the weather turns sour. The car is amazing -- still looks exotic after all these years. No plans on selling it -- just hoping to drive it a lot more in the future. I am considering selling the R8 -- although I am having difficulty with that as well as I become attached to things. However, the thought of selling the NSX has never come to my mind and it's a keeper.

I haven't seen vaudeville alien in a long time....:wink:
Hahaha! Too bad our cars will never be able to reach ludicrous speed. :biggrin:

for those wondering....."may the Schwartz be with you".......

Tough question, I almost sold in 2018. Looking back, I am so glad I did not for many reasons such as 12 years of wonderful memories. I have not had experience with many other cars yet but the NSX community is hard to beat. I will most likely keep my car as long as possible and try to experience other cars without selling the nsx.

I found “the right” used NC1 recently. The right color, already modded exactly the way I would mod a NC1 (SOS everything, iLift, JB piggyback).

I came *this close* to posting my beloved NA2 for sale to assist in financing it.

I ultimately decided that my long-term financial plans should dictate planning. House to be paid off in two years, most debts to be paid off shortly after, investments doing well. Patience will lead to my adding a NC1 rather than selling another car to buy one. The grind continues...

prudent....

I found “the right” used NC1 recently. The right color, already modded exactly the way I would mod a NC1 (SOS everything, iLift, JB piggyback).

I came *this close* to posting my beloved NA2 for sale to assist in financing it.

I ultimately decided that my long-term financial plans should dictate planning. House to be paid off in two years, most debts to be paid off shortly after, investments doing well. Patience will lead to my adding a NC1 rather than selling another car to buy one. The grind continues...

This is kind of my plan too- it was a mistake to sell my 91. This time, we will add the NC1 to my S Zero....eventually. It will be Mrs. Honchos car, so that's gonna take some time. :D

I'm not planning to sell my NSX any time soon. But I think that means my kids will end up doing it for me when I am long gone. :eek:

In the mean time, my answer to the NA2's shortcomings is a P100D alongside it. I think the two complement each other's strengths and weaknesses nicely! :biggrin:

Last edited:
I'm not planning to sell my NSX any time soon. But I think that means my kids will end up doing it for me when I am long gone. :eek:

In the mean time, my answer to the NA2's shortcomings is a P100D alongside it. I think the two complement each other's strengths and weaknesses nicely! :biggrin:

Same thing I did. Tesla S for a daily driver and a gen 1 NSX as a collectible for when I get nostalgic about the bygone age of gasoline.

Years back no.
Things change.
Would be a no return.
Won't find another good example.
Maybe that's the only reason to keep it...

I’d like to think I’m not dumb enough to make the same mistake 3 times... although technically my first NSX was sold to help purchase my second. These cars are special and it’s way harder to find nice ones than it was 10 years ago, can’t imagine what it will be like in another 10. They really are special.. and they age so very well!

I may not drive NSX as much as in the past. Maybe I will drive more when I get the timing belt service this summer. I wouldnt sell unless someone offered me crazy crazy money lol.

Heck NO!!!!

No Way! Have had so many cars over the years and both of
these give me the balance of Classic Vibe & Modern Vibe :smile:

Just Perfect! I've sold two Gen1's in the past and always ended
up in search for another! This 2002 Spa Yellow has been with
me for 9 years now! Both are already willed to my daughters!

07.jpg

Last edited:
Sell my car????? Who would even want a car like this???????
1991 NSX #JH4NA1151MT002698 (NA1 – C30), Sebring Silver w/flawless black leather interior, 42,XXX miles – This car was delivered with all available options, including: “Titainium” (actually a nickel alloy) key, spare keys, keyless entry w/two keyless-entry fobs, built-in cell phone w/removable antenna, trunk-mounted six-disc CD changer w/two cassettes, owner's manual and warranty book, and even the Michel Clo OEM fitted leather trunk luggage (two pieces in protective bags, UNUSED).
Snap ring issue dealt with under warrantee (new transmission case piece 1997). Timing belt/water pump (at 36,000 mi.) and all water hoses have been replaced (at 33,500 mi.). ALL service records and diary included.
Only 405 NSXs like this, in Sebring Silver Metallic w/black interior and manual transmission, were brought to the US -- 276 in ’91, 103 in ’92, 26 in ’93.
I am the second owner (1993 at 11,677 miles).
Previous owner had a minor accident (no chassis damage) and rather than repair the driver’s side front fender it was replaced. There has been no other damage to the car – just normal nicks and rock chips. No holes have been drilled – car is unmolested and has spent its life in a temperature controlled garage.
NOTE: Castrol GTX 10/40 (engine), Redline MTL (trans) and Motul 600 brake fluid, Honda HG pre-mixed coolant.
MODS & UPDATES:
MIM/Speedline Mistral 3-piece modular wheels 8x16F & 9x17R w/215/45/16 & 255/40/17 Falken Azenis RT-615K tires. Japanese (JDM) five-speed gearset w/4.55 ring & pinion (Comptech), 2000 OEM ABS system, Koni yellow dampers (adjustable), Comptech stainless steel headers (Mk.2), Cone Engineering exhaust tips, "Honda" hood emblem, "Honda" taillights (Japanese), "Honda" airbag, Comptech aluminum rear damper-tower brace, Schroth six-point seat belts (black), Dali lap/submarine-belt mounts, RM harness bar, Dali radiator & AC evaporator shields, air conditioner upgraded to R134A, cross-drilled BBS brake rotors, SS brake lines, Motul RBF600 brake fluid, brake-dust-shields removed, Dali aluminum front-brake air deflectors, Comptech non-compliance rear bushings & spherical toe links, SS damper-pulley shield, Dali 19mm adjustable anti-roll bars, Science of Speed coolant tank (w/sight gauge), Odyssey PC-925T lightweight battery, SmarTenna (model 300), Halon fire extinguisher w/Dali mount, Science of Speed "stealth" front license plate mount. Factory Bose audio system upgraded w/new capacitors. Window lifts upgraded (Dali “thingies”) & serviced. Science of Speed stainless engine-hatch struts. Downforce carbon fiber/lexan engine cover, CF intake manifold cover, CF air filter cover, CF rear window garnish, CF rear license plate bezel, Dali CF injector covers, CF wire covers and CF alternator pulley cover. Dali FRP inner-fender air scoop.
INCLUDED EXTRAS
All three keys (monel, standard & valet plus two alarm modules). A Dali removable driver's seat cushion (leather) is included – for extra head room when wearing a helmet. Set of unblemished 1997 OEM wheels w/like-new (Falken 615K) tires, stock hood emblem, stock taillights, stock Acura airbag, stock rear window garnish, stock engine cover, stock engine bits and a new-in-the-box, original, 1991 front air dam (71110-SL0-000 no longer made) included. All three factory service manuals and both factory promotion books.
A spare, new, main-power relay and and ignition switch are in the trunk, as is a fitted car cover from Beverly Hills Motoring Accessories.
Also included: several (still-in-the-box, unassembled) NSX models, many no-longer-available knick-knacks like a Yokohama AO22 NSX clock and several NSX-specific books including all issues of NSXtra and NSX Driver.

Why would I ever sell it?
H-

Last edited:
I've had several offers on my car, quite a few were dead serious. So I had a good think, if I had $60-$70 even $100K in my pocket what would I do with it. I realized that the only cars I REALLY want that would give me the same "special" driving ownership experience of an NSX are the McClarenF1 the 05 Ford GT or a F40, all costing towards $1M, with that epiphany I know I'll be keeping the NSX until I can't enjoy it anymore or death. Whichever comes first.

Never selling

Driving my 05 NSX gives me pleasure, but knowing my daughter is going to inherit it and never sell it gives me Joy. We take it out for ice cream and some curves quite frequently. Knowing she will do the same with her kid and think of her long gone Dad is why it's not for sale and never will be. (2005 Red / Camel, 23K miles, SOS maintained, perfect).

OK --- originally bought a 91 and loved it. Had it and a S2000, and then found a 2001 with low mileage -- bought it and sold the 91 and the S2000. Someone made me a crazy offer on the 2001 and I accepted. Almost immediately had sellers remorse. So I found a pristine 2000 with low mileage and bought it ---- and then stumbled across a 2017 with 6K miles and bought it. After much thought, I sold my 2000 NSX -- just didn't need 6 cars in the stable. Again - sellers remorse and miss the original NSX (although I love the new NSX). So have just made a deal to buy a 95 NSX and hope to have it in a month or so - it will be my 4th original NSX. Gotta be a record . . . . Jay

OK --- originally bought a 91 and loved it. Had it and a S2000, and then found a 2001 with low mileage -- bought it and sold the 91 and the S2000. Someone made me a crazy offer on the 2001 and I accepted. Almost immediately had sellers remorse. So I found a pristine 2000 with low mileage and bought it ---- and then stumbled across a 2017 with 6K miles and bought it. After much thought, I sold my 2000 NSX -- just didn't need 6 cars in the stable. Again - sellers remorse and miss the original NSX (although I love the new NSX). So have just made a deal to buy a 95 NSX and hope to have it in a month or so - it will be my 4th original NSX. Gotta be a record . . . . Jay

If it is a record, I equal it. Still have two of the four. My wife wont let me sell the 97 and my son has taken the 92 to his garage. I guess the two dinosaurs are staying in the family as I am now old and have no say in the household😊

[MENTION=8356]Bear[/MENTION] - great response. As a kid growing up in Detroit area those were my favorite times with my dad! Especially when he left my brothers at home with mom and we just cruised! Glad your daughter has that time with you. 😁

Nice thread - as a new owner not sure if my answer "counts" - since I still haven't taken delivery yet! 😭 Can't wait to weigh in after the X gets home!

Yes I would sell my Gen1 NSX and I did.
I am so relieved.
My wife wanted me to keep both and build additional car storage. She really appreciated how much fun we had and the friends we made owing it and, so did I.

I have this thing about old cars. Nice to look at, maybe nice to drive but if I can't get parts that kills it for me.

Acura NSX Gen1 parts went Covid before Covid was cool.

I won't be keeping the NC1 21 years as there will be other cars I want enjoy before I hang up my keys for good.

Last edited:
Back