• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Will you ever sell your NSX?

Same thing I did. Tesla S for a daily driver and a gen 1 NSX as a collectible for when I get nostalgic about the bygone age of gasoline.

And the number of Tesla owning first gen NSXers continues to swell (but I opted for the Model X as my daily driver)...

20210514_185114-X2.jpg

20210514_185131-X2.jpg

20210510_084047-X2.jpg

20210322_184105-X2.jpg

Last edited:
The wife (God bless her) says "if you sell that car, it better be north of $160K). So I think the short answer is "No. I'm keeping this one".
Same goes for the wife (no matter the price offered). ;-)

[MENTION=8356]Bear[/MENTION] - great response. As a kid growing up in Detroit area those were my favorite times with my dad! Especially when he left my brothers at home with mom and we just cruised! Glad your daughter has that time with you. 😁..

[MENTION=37527]nsx_454[/MENTION] - Heartwarming story, you really get it. Here's what my daughter is inheriting..

IMG_0805.jpg

The wife (God bless her) says "if you sell that car, it better be north of $160K). So I think the short answer is "No. I'm keeping this one".
Same goes for the wife (no matter the price offered). ;-)

quoted for posterity....north of 160 you say.....;)

Happy wife................

As someone who just bought his as the pinnacle of my early 90's Honda fleet I don't foresee selling anytime soon. I'm old enough to have gotten most of the need for speed out of my system and find a lot more satisfaction in a well balanced, good handling car that's also pretty quick on the road. Not only does this car do it for me in terms of driving experience, in the few short months of ownership I've been fortunate to talk with past owners, people curious about it, or people who haven't ever seen one on the road. Letting them all hop in and sit in it really brings a smile to their face and mine. It's one of the joys of owning this car I hadn't expected but really appreciate.

Took my stupid ego decades to learn, when you have something rare and valuable don't ever sell it. NSX is rare and valuable. S2000 too. But this holds for anything as well like guitars, old amplifiers, watches, houses, real art, etc., and of course the gen 1 NSX.

Took my stupid ego decades to learn, when you have something rare and valuable don't ever sell it. NSX is rare and valuable. S2000 too. But this holds for anything as well like guitars, old amplifiers, watches, houses, real art, etc., and of course the gen 1 NSX.

With age comes wisdom ^^^^. I regret selling an 80's model Steinberger and a '58 telecaster back in the day after I started a family and stopped playing guitar. About 10 years ago, I started back up and play shows most every weekend. Replacing old guitars is expensive! Amps on the other hand have been replaced with technology (although it's darn hard to beat a good old tube amp) :)

It's a mixed bag with selling an NSX. Each time I sold one, I moved up to something better until i reached my summit (low mile, 02+ flawless NSX, supercharged). I plan to keep this one unless someone talks me out of it at the right price.

Last edited:
With age comes wisdom ^^^^. I regret selling an 80's model Steinberger and a '58 telecaster back in the day after I started a family and stopped playing guitar. About 10 years ago, I started back up and play shows most every weekend. Replacing old guitars is expensive! Amps on the other hand have been replaced with technology (although it's darn hard to beat a good old tube amp) :)

It's a mixed bag with selling an NSX. Each time I sold one, I moved up to something better until i reached my summit (low mile, 02+ flawless NSX, supercharged). I plan to keep this one unless someone talks me out of it at the right price.

While I'm in the camp, that my NSX and GT, are not for sale, until either I can't get in and out of them, or from my estate, everything is for sale at a price. TODAY (can't say a month from now), if someone was to offer me $200,000 for the NSX, or $600,000 for the GT, I'd sell them (with a tear in my eye), and quickly replace them with another, of the same. The prices I just referenced, are certainly not the market (yet), and I'd easily replace them, for less $. You never know, I've been approached multiple times on each cars, asking if they're for sale, and always respond I'm not looking to sell, but if you want to pay me stupid money (today's price not tomorrow's), I'll take it!!!!

Selling WOULD provide me with the much needed storage space. I would be about 1/3 of my basement is reserved for NSX parts. It's seriously a problem, and this forum is our therapy.

I did notice something when getting the Evora- that most people prefer the Lotus in terms of looks. My wife also enjoys it more, though she doesn't realize the NSX is modified with coilovers. The NSX just feels like my car and I feel like I'm on a slowly deserted island when it comes to who will miss it when I sell.

When the new Integra/CTR comes out, I will definitely reconsider this question! We all go back and forth and I hope Honda/Acura comes up with something that can really sway us the other way.

EDIT: Just realized goldNSX posted in this thread. I guess he was a lifetime member. RIP

Last edited:
never sell. if you think its expensive to maintain, get some friends with air-cooled, British, or Italian cars. if you think you'd like the profit from when you paid for it, sell it to someone who loves it for more than its price tag. and if youre bored with it, take it on your favorite backroad and drive it like you stole it. its very nearly a perfect drivers car from all perspectives.

That 2022 Corvette with the ZO7 package has me questioning selling especially with resale going nuts. But I don’t think I will feel the same about a new corvette the way I do about the NSX after 15+ years of ownership.

Yep I'll keep the bee....she is only 25....

This is the longest I've ever owned a car, 19 years and counting. I've had a few cars, that in retrospect, would have been decent returns, had I held them, but none that I regret parting with. The NSX is just plain different. The GT is kind of the same as the NSX. There a few cars I'd buy, and keep, if only I had the room!!! I don't want to keep the cars at a storage facility, so I have to wait until I have a house that has a bigger garage........................

thank goodness for lifts....

This is the longest I've ever owned a car, 19 years and counting. I've had a few cars, that in retrospect, would have been decent returns, had I held them, but none that I regret parting with. The NSX is just plain different. The GT is kind of the same as the NSX. There a few cars I'd buy, and keep, if only I had the room!!! I don't want to keep the cars at a storage facility, so I have to wait until I have a house that has a bigger garage........................
So not sure if i've mentioned this here.

in 2006 I bought a 1988 Slantnose 911 Turbo. It only had 14k miles. I think I paid something like $40-50k for it. Way above my comfort level at the time. It was the dirty ugly stepchild in the Porsche lineup back then and we all know the 911 air cooled craze wasn't even a thing at that point. It was bone stock but had RUF wheels and a few other RUF parts. It was classic Miami Vice White with the black accents.

I was going through cars every few years back then. I had to sell it because, being a Texas grey market car, I found out the hard way I had to jump through flaming hoops to get it registered in CA - which actually wasn't even a for sure thing if it was at all possible.

TALK ABOUT MISSED PRICE APPRECIATION. It's about 5x now in value.

I sold it to get the NSX and I wouldn't go back in time to change a thing. That car drove like a truck compared to the NSX.

I'm not mad though.. I made a killing on a couple of Chevelles I've sold at the peak of the Muscle Car era (late 2010s).

Last edited:
Great read!

I just bought mine last year, can't even fathom the thought of selling it. I haven't really even gotten to the point where I've made it 'mine' yet. Looking forward to enjoying the rest of my life with this sublime supercar :)

Back