• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Will you ever sell your NSX?

Well if anyone has an 02+ for sale I'm ready to buy, let me know!:biggrin:

Thanks, I could've bought it from Paul but the timing wasn't there. I'd be interested but not looking to pay bat prices lol.

Just now see that you are in Chicago. Yes, timing is everything... and I'm only interested in selling "near" BaT prices. Otherwise - I'll gladly keep her and see how the market goes in the next few years.

Good luck with your search! :)

Just now see that you are in Chicago. Yes, timing is everything... and I'm only interested in selling "near" BaT prices. Otherwise - I'll gladly keep her and see how the market goes in the next few years.

Good luck with your search! :)

Yeah I know that nsx quite well I've driven it too. We were both selling at the same time. Ok thanks I'm not interested in paying that much you should just put her on bat although, that's one thing Paul didn't want to do for some reason. Anywho, thanks best of luck!

Just bought one earlier this year, a nicely modded supercharged one. One of best GT cars I've owned, love mid-engine dynamic and analog feel. Supercharger transforms car with its street usable torque. Shifting 2nd to 3rd at 70 mph and rocketing to 100 on 3rd is one heck of an experience. To pry out of my garage, would have to be a car at least 2x better!

Just bought one earlier this year, a nicely modded supercharged one. One of best GT cars I've owned, love mid-engine dynamic and analog feel. Supercharger transforms car with its street usable torque. Shifting 2nd to 3rd at 70 mph and rocketing to 100 on 3rd is one heck of an experience. To pry out of my garage, would have to be a car at least 2x better!

Congrats on the purchase! Yes, the SC is a nice step up. Nothing crazy, but it is definitely a noticeable difference. Enjoy that car. :)

I perform my 90k service every 5 years regardless of miles. I always think about selling it before the service, and ecstatic that I kept it after the job has been completed. Kind of like a reset/reminder of why I love our timeless machine and I plan to will it off when that time comes. Don't think I can sell it. The exclusivity is my primary reason. I have never found an equitable replacement. My garage queen has been driven 12k for the 17 years of ownership.

However my modded "fast and furious" NSX has had every bolt touched and removed, has seen curbs, cracked suspension, scraped rails, grinding discs, sawzall, a major diet, and Frankensteined with all colors and parts that expands through two decades. That fix was over years ago, and the low volume of leisure cruises to Frank Sinatra has taken over.

Prices on BaT further supports me keeping mine.

So for those lurking in the market, I'd recommend getting one as soon as you are abled, not only for the investment purpose, but our conversation starters alone should dictate this decision.

I used to laugh at NSX owners for not driving their NSX’s...I’ve put on 700 miles in 3 years, definitely not collectors with 102k miles just hard with 2 kiddos and working from home the last 3 years.

I used to laugh at NSX owners for not driving their NSX’s...I’ve put on 700 miles in 3 years, definitely not collectors with 102k miles just hard with 2 kiddos and working from home the last 3 years.

Same way for me. Would never consider selling it since I would probably not be able to find another like it, but I barely drive it now. After 6k/year the first two years, the last two I've put maybe 500 miles on it. Need to change that soon...

Agree. It was a mistake to sell my 91 and I'm keeping my 92, even if it only gets driven a couple thousand miles per year.

yep will keep the old bee...it will sit above the future bee

Same way for me. Would never consider selling it since I would probably not be able to find another like it, but I barely drive it now. After 6k/year the first two years, the last two I've put maybe 500 miles on it. Need to change that soon...

Ditto. I put 100k miles on my first NSX. Regretted selling it, so I bought another. Yet I've driven it less than 2k miles in 5 years. Pitiful.

Nice that this thread is still going. Answer is still “no”. I’ve had one of the most enjoyable years I’ve had with my NSX, and now it’s been stored for two months for the winter. It’s not going anywhere. I absolutely adore my NSX. I didn’t mean to buy a collector car in my NSX, but it looks like I have a collection when you take into account my manual CTS-V wagon, which is similarly not going anywhere. I recently bought the Sakebomb Öhlins coilover system for my NSX and am awaiting its build, I should have it in my hands in time to install before spring. Of course, I’m keeping the original suspension so I have the opportunity to go back to stock.

In the interim between my posts in this thread, I had a chance to drive a 997.2 911 GT3-RS on a track, and now I’m in love with 911s...more than an NC1, if you can believe it. I would have added a 996 or 997.1 Turbo or GT3 to the collection (I guess I’m a car collector now? *shrug* LOL) already if not for the insane market. I’m also looking for a AP2 S2000 in Laguna Blue or maybe Suzuka Blue to add to the collection. Prices are up on those, too, but at least I can acquire one of those without upsetting the college fund at all.

In short, 2022 promises to be an interesting car year for me.

Of course I'll sell it. It's just a matter of time, and what drives that question is how easily can I maintain the car, i.e. have someone qualified work on it and get parts. I'd like to hang onto it for a while longer, but I've also wanted to own a Porsche since long before the minds at Honda/Acura ever drew up the design of the NSX. Once sold, would I regret having done so? Maybe. My NSX is the best car I've ever owned, hands down. But it isn't the most engaging - that honor goes to my AP1 S2000 which, even with it's stock exhaust, emits a symphonic crescendo as the tach climbs towards it's 9000 rpm redline that even the NSX in VTEC cannot match. Still, the NSX is the better car and and the only one that, when driving it, provides me with that "you're driving a 'special car'" feeling. But since I have no plans on being buried in it, I'll undoubtedly sell it. Not if, but when.

Nice that this thread is still going. Answer is still “no”. I’ve had one of the most enjoyable years I’ve had with my NSX, and now it’s been stored for two months for the winter. It’s not going anywhere. I absolutely adore my NSX. I didn’t mean to buy a collector car in my NSX, but it looks like I have a collection when you take into account my manual CTS-V wagon, which is similarly not going anywhere. I recently bought the Sakebomb Öhlins coilover system for my NSX and am awaiting its build, I should have it in my hands in time to install before spring. Of course, I’m keeping the original suspension so I have the opportunity to go back to stock.

In the interim between my posts in this thread, I had a chance to drive a 997.2 911 GT3-RS on a track, and now I’m in love with 911s...more than an NC1, if you can believe it. I would have added a 996 or 997.1 Turbo or GT3 to the collection (I guess I’m a car collector now? *shrug* LOL) already if not for the insane market. I’m also looking for a AP2 S2000 in Laguna Blue or maybe Suzuka Blue to add to the collection. Prices are up on those, too, but at least I can acquire one of those without upsetting the college fund at all.

It's funny, Bob - I had a 996TT for a little over a year and sold it purposely to buy my first NSX. I loved the specs on mine but could never connect with it. The power was unusable anywhere except open highways, and I generally disliked the ownership group (not nearly as friendly/welcoming/tight-knit as NSX owners are). No doubt that it's a wonderful piece of engineering and it's a LOT of car for the price - but I didn't find it very fun / engaging to drive. Had I had a GT3 (or if I'd lived in a less congested city) I may have felt different.

The AP2 is one I've been toying with adding too - but it's amazing in general what is happening to "enthusiast" car prices these days.

A rod knock after 6 seconds of 8500 rpm climbing a steep incline....

timing chain issues, lack of torque, and way overpriced parts. The Kraftwerk SC kit brought the AP to life; but in fear of another engine failure, I shifted to the SR20DET as it out performs the F20C in every way.

It's funny, Bob - I had a 996TT for a little over a year and sold it purposely to buy my first NSX. I loved the specs on mine but could never connect with it. The power was unusable anywhere except open highways, and I generally disliked the ownership group (not nearly as friendly/welcoming/tight-knit as NSX owners are). No doubt that it's a wonderful piece of engineering and it's a LOT of car for the price - but I didn't find it very fun / engaging to drive. Had I had a GT3 (or if I'd lived in a less congested city) I may have felt different.

The AP2 is one I've been toying with adding too - but it's amazing in general what is happening to "enthusiast" car prices these days.

Thanks for the opinion on the 911 TT! That’s super helpful. A GT3, being a bit higher revving, is a bit more NSX-like. Unfortunately, even 996 GT3s are largely north of $100k nowadays. TTS are more realistic price wise for me. Or I could just save more money and get into an AP2 S2000 (I had an AP1 before, would want to try the AP2 as it’s a bit different).

timing chain issues, lack of torque, and way overpriced parts. The Kraftwerk SC kit brought the AP to life; but in fear of another engine failure, I shifted to the SR20DET as it out performs the F20C in every way.

Timing chain issues are unusual on the S2000. Like the NSX, a properly maintained S2000 will last over 300-400k miles. I don’t mind the low torque, it’s the handling and the sweet shifter that make the S2000 so special. I’m not going to knock a Nissan Silvia, though, those are sweet as well, I’m just more a Honda person so haven’t owned one yet.

plus you get a very stiff chassis with the S2000 for a rag top!

Back