• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Winter Beater

This thread proably only applies to us in the Great White North - and I was wondering what types of cars ya'll drive in the winter? I have chosen the ever classic Cadillac for its front wheel drive capabilities...and its classic lines...lol...Well, they were classic once:rolleyes: Its always hard to put the Black beauty to sleep - but Old Man Winter has taken a bite out of us in Cow Town:eek:

Image00055.jpg
Black beauty and Winter Beater

Dam :cool:

I usually drive an SUV or truck if I can afford to. This year I have a GMC Envoy to get me through the winter. But before my lease was up I drove a Ram 1500 (terrible on ice) last year. And before that I drove a Jeep Cherokee (sold now).

I don't have an NSX, but rather a pristine 300ZX Twin Turbo... but I happen to drive a NA MR2 daily and in the winter... She gets around very well w/her snow tires, as she's got plenty of weight out back. :D

1780609215_8308510980_b.jpg

Julia's 5 speed E36 M3 is our winter beater :smile:
b120217207.jpg

This is my DD and WB, she gets around ok during Winter months with a help from snow tires and 1-2 water softener salt bags(50lbs each) :biggrin:

Attachments

• is300.jpg
    is300.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 68
Just make sure those salt bags don't leak...I would recommend sand instead.:smile:

nsxpurextc - are you from MN too? are you affiliated with the other IS300 guys on ISfanatics.com? just wondering...
my brother drives one too. white with black c/f hood.

nsxpurextc - are you from MN too? are you affiliated with the other IS300 guys on ISfanatics.com? just wondering...
my brother drives one too. white with black c/f hood.

ChongLee, again congrats on your NSX-R poser :smile:

Yes I am from MN and I'm not a member of ISfanatics.com. Thanks for the site though, I will check it out.

I just picked up a new Cadillac 2008 CTS with 3.6 direct injection and AWD. It is great on slick roads - and dry roads, for that matter!:tongue:

ChongLee, again congrats on your NSX-R poser :smile:

Yes I am from MN and I'm not a member of ISfanatics.com. Thanks for the site though, I will check it out.

thanks again! i love the nsx-R poser. i guess the lady calls it that, so it just stuck to my head. a poser lol. how dare she! she even went as far as comparing me to the civic boys slapping SI badges and type-r decals on their cars. i think such comparison is a far stretch and unjustified. but i only say that now because she is not here :biggrin:

anyhow, yeah i was just wondering because my brother is quite active with the other fellow is300 guys. they have done a few meets before. dont know if thats your thing. i, for one, have never been to a meet yet:biggrin:

Can't go wrong with a Jeep :cool:

this year's beater Jeep:
CopyofIMG_0442.jpg

last year's beater Jeep:
jeep8.jpg

and year before that:
11062.jpg

year before that:
jeeppose122.jpg

:cool:

1996 Dark Green Infiniti G20 with 102k!! Auto...yeah, baby:rolleyes: Just got her a month ago. I came full of dings and a few dents here and there. It's perfect...I don't have to worry about getting an ulcer when I park it on the street like I do when I drive a certain other vehicle..:wink:

1998 integra GSR can't beat the DOHC Vtec with leather, almost makes me feel at home...

had an AWD audi a4 fully loaded with a ton of mods but prefer the integra due to cheaper maintenance costs :)

My winter beater is my '91 NSX .. this is my 7th winter with it .. probably about 20K winter miles on it in total. Very easy to practice your drifting skills. :biggrin:

what tires do you run with in the snow?
ever gotten stuck or not being able to go uphill?
the most/deepest snow you've driven in?
im asking just in case.
want to be prepared... my old mr2 was hell in the snow,
even with a trd lsd.

what tires do you run with in the snow?
ever gotten stuck or not being able to go uphill?
the most/deepest snow you've driven in?
im asking just in case.
want to be prepared... my old mr2 was hell in the snow,
even with a trd lsd.

Really? You had a rough time in your MR2? I've never had an issue with mine... I actually rather enjoy it in the winter. :)

Really? You had a rough time in your MR2? I've never had an issue with mine... I actually rather enjoy it in the winter. :)

i do believe it had a lot to do with the stiff suspensions + the all seasons tires. plus it was an AW11 with quite some weight shaved off. it was fine on average snow... anything more/deeper then 6 inch to a foot would get it stuck at slight uphills. i imagine the nsx would do better... with the weight it has on.

Back