• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Working on a deal with Barrett Jackson Auto Auction for NSX VIPs

The below is updated from the last page of this post.

Okay here it is:

NSX Owners,

A few months ago, Jim Mascola of Barrett-Jackson auto auction reached out to the local NSX chapter about coordinating an NSX effort for this years upcoming annual Barrett-Jackson event. We would later learn that Acura will be auctioning off the rights to the "2017 Acura NSX VIN 001" during the Barrett-Jackson event. After months of back and forth communication and pricing talks, we are pleased to announce we have reached an agreement with Mr. Mascola for the following:

One (1) Staging Lanes Deck ticket
One (1) valet parking pass
$225 per person

The Staging Lanes Deck area has all food and drink for the day, including soft drinks and alcohol (included in price). The valet parking is located at the entrance to the main sponsor hall. The plan is that the NSX's will be parked single file in the valet area.

The early start time was a recommendation from Mr. Mascola in order to ensure group parking was available as the Shelby and Porsche owners have already taken up most of the space. I am working on more information for those who want to arrive a little later and for those who already are planning on attending the auction as registered bidders or already have a different vehicle they are selling at the auction.

(Updated 1/6/16) For those who already are planning on attending the auction as registered bidders or already have a different vehicle being auctioned off, we should be able to secure valet parking passes at a discount as long as we know ahead of time. Passes can also be reserved for those who would like to attend but will not be at the event until later on.

(Updated 1/6/16) Acura will also be on site but at this time are unable to participate in this specific package

Due to the circumstances involving the 2017 NSX, this is a chance to be a part of a historic event you can look back on years later and say you were there, with your NSX.

Please let me know ASAP so I can get packages pre-ordered.

Confirmed attendees so far:
1. Jhae Pfenning (Phoenix) PAID
2. Westin Williams (Phoenix) day pass
3. Matt King +1 (Phoenix)PAID
4. Greg Davis +1 (Phoenix)PAID

5. Chase +1 (flying in from Cali)PAID
6. Mark Keller (Tucson)PAID
7. Warren (flying in from Canada) day pass
8. John Bazay (Phoenix)PAID
9. Ken Lundeen (Phoenix)PAID
10. Dennis Dimatteo (Phoenix) PAID
11. Tyson (Phoenix)PAID
12. Mark Blomquist (Tucson) PAID
13. Brian Campbell (Phoenix)PAID

14. Jay Built (flying in)

Last edited:
Sounds interesting to me. I've been meaning to go to BJ and have never made the time. This could be the perfect excuse - but I am no longer a member of the NSXCA.

Keep me posted please. I have PM'ed my personal info to you.

have you discussed this with your local nsxca reps or Chris ......The club may be able to swing something from corporate...

I was contacted by [MENTION=3875]Teej[/MENTION] about this too. There is something in the works but I'll not step on his toes while he is trying to make something happen. Would be cool to attend. If something could happen to ticket pricing and special accommodations, I'm a tentative to attend.

I was contacted by [MENTION=3875]Teej[/MENTION] about this too. There is something in the works but I'll not step on his toes while he is trying to make something happen. Would be cool to attend. If something could happen to ticket pricing and special accommodations, I'm a tentative to attend.

Whatever we can work out let's do it. I wouldn't feel like my toes are being stepped on. I believe Mr Mascola is out on vacation and won't be back until mid next week.

Oh dang for the concours on 1/24 -- one of the featured marques is Zagato cars. Anyone else going?

The auction might be
tough to make though.

prepaid......

What is their normal admission fee? I assume $200 includes the price of admission for the "show" too.

any of you guys want to sell your NSX post a sign on your car. This would be the place to do it ha-ha.

Yes, admission would be included. Normal price ranges from $15-$50ish for general admission, it goes up each day of the week as the auction comes to a close. I guess all the "big" cars go last. I think we paid $30 at a discount AFTER 5pm on Saturday. It was like a theme park with no rides you could actually ride.

Its a theme park for your wallet...:wink:

Okay, it has been confirmed that the NSX will be auctioned off on Friday around 7:30. So Friday it is. Last proposal was $200 each person. Will work on solidifying things and getting exact details from Mr Mascola by this weeks end, hopefully sooner.

Okay here it is:

NSX Owners,

A few months ago, Jim Mascola of Barrett-Jackson auto auction reached out to the local NSX chapter about coordinating an NSX effort for this years upcoming annual Barrett-Jackson event. We would later learn that Acura will be auctioning off the rights to the "2017 Acura NSX VIN 001" during the Barrett-Jackson event. After months of back and forth communication and pricing talks, we are pleased to announce we have reached an agreement with Mr. Mascola for the following:

One (1) Staging Lanes Deck ticket
One (1) valet parking pass
$225 per person

The Staging Lanes Deck area has all food and drink for the day, including soft drinks and alcohol (included in price). The valet parking is located at the entrance to the main sponsor hall. The plan is that the NSX's will be parked single file in the valet area.

The early start time was a recommendation from Mr. Mascola in order to ensure group parking was available as the Shelby and Porsche owners have already taken up most of the space. I am working on more information for those who want to arrive a little later and for those who already are planning on attending the auction as registered bidders or already have a different vehicle they are selling at the auction.

There is also talk of Acura being involved in the auction. Because of this, the local NSX efforts have also been shared with Acura and I am crossing my fingers with hopes that Acura will take this opportunity to sweeten the deal for us by getting involved with our efforts on some level.

While the dollar amount seems like a lot of money (because it is), this is already an expensive event as a bidders pass is $500 for less perks than this offer.

Due to the circumstances involving the 2017 NSX, this is a chance to be a part of a historic event you can look back on years later and say you were there, with your NSX.

Please let me know ASAP so I can get packages pre-ordered.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds interesting to me. I've been meaning to go to BJ and have never made the time. This could be the perfect excuse - but I am no longer a member of the NSXCA.

Keep me posted please. I have PM'ed my personal info to you.

Oh btw, this is not an official NSXCA event anyway.

sounds like a great car guy time....make sure you guys wear some goofy nsx related shirts:biggrin:

Have fun at the auction! I won't make it but wanted to mention that you can see some of the ballerest cars in the world for free on 1/25 in Scottsdale:

http://arizonaconcours.com/event-schedule/

Monday, January 25, 2016
Noon to 1:00 pm – Marshall Way in Scottsdale
The Arizona Tour d’Elegance stops in front of Jewelry by Gauthier on Marshall Way in Scottsdale. The road will be blocked off at noon for the Tour cars and the public is invited to come see the cars. There is no costs to view the cars.

Super cool event - makes me almost wish I was out there to join you. I also can't believe how expensive BJ is compared to Mecum. I am going down to Kissimmee and it is only $100 for a bidder's pass. I was even grumbling about that :p

Okay group, I need to get a hold of Barrett Jackson and get them a final number. Is everybody still going that planned on going initially and are there any people on the fence that are now going? I know Chase is flying in from LA and so is Warren from Canada. A couple of the attendees are already registered as bidders or sellers but I will still need their names for the parking space allotment. Keep in mind prices are $225 for one or $425 for two people as prices are not set per vehicle. The only pricing offset being valet.

Back