• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Would love input from you guys: Damper/ spring setup

Decision is almost made:

Bilstein + Tein Springs on lower perch

I would re-think that decision. I had this exact combination on my car and it was too low. Constantly rubbing both front and rear fender liners.

Measurements (amount of lowering in inches):
Bilsteins = -.875"
Tein = (F) = -.7" (R) = -1.0"

End result = (F) is lower by 1.575" (R) is lower by 1.875".

Here is an older picture of my car with that combination. Yes - the stance looked good, but the ride was not.

If you are set on this decision, I will sell you my Tein-S springs for $150.00 all in (SoS retail is $279 + shipping).

NSX-4.jpg

Last edited:
I second that. Running the Nsx too low is like throwing an anchor out the window and driving. It hinders Performance. I’d still go KW.

You guys are too awesome...

Sometimes I think I don't sell my car just because of the community on here.

I'll sit on this for another couple days and do some more research.

Thanks everyone for taking to time to assist me in making the best decision possible

D

Does anyone know if the warranty is still valid if I get them them off him (they are new and in box) and have a receipt or is it void?

D

FYI, you can buy KW V3s directly from a vendor (like [MENTION=4034]Coz[/MENTION]) for about the same price as the resale linked above.

I do however agree with mwagnor10702 that Bilsteins yield a harsher ride compared to OEM shocks (and likely your Konis as well). I'd go with KWs over Bilsteins for a more compliant ride and greater adjustability.

FYI, you can buy KW V3s directly from a vendor (like @Coz) for about the same price as the resale linked above.

I do however agree with mwagnor10702 that Bilsteins yield a harsher ride compared to OEM shocks (and likely your Konis as well). I'd go with KWs over Bilsteins for a more compliant ride and greater adjustability.

Really? Maybe I will really have to try the KW v3s after all. I don't find the ride with Bilsteins +OEM springs harsh at all. It's pretty compliant and just a touch rougher than stock, not uncomfortably so.

Uh oh... Lol Why would you say that
Because there have been a few reports about KW but these date back a few years, not sure how it is nowadays. Best if you won't have a warranty issue anyway. :) Regarding longlivity nothing beats Bilstein shocks.

Really? Maybe I will really have to try the KW v3s after all. I don't find the ride with Bilsteins +OEM springs harsh at all. It's pretty compliant and just a touch rougher than stock, not uncomfortably so.
Yes, Jim sold me a set shipped for 2200 bucks and they arrived in 2 days. He has crazy Eddie prices on the KW.

Unfortunately, they raised the prices since then.

Yes, Jim sold me a set shipped for 2200 bucks and they arrived in 2 days. He has crazy Eddie prices on the KW.

Hi Everyone

If you need a set of KW V3... Coz is the one you want to go see!

Best price, exceptional service and lightning fast shipping.

What else would you want?

Thanks everyone for all the input!

Hi Everyone

If you need a set of KW V3... Coz is the one you want to go see!

Best price, exceptional service and lightning fast shipping.

What else would you want?

Thanks everyone for all the input!

Good stuff. Coz is a good guy too. He helped me with deciding way back in my own suspension recommendation thread which ended up going the opposite direction when we started talking about tacos..:biggrin:

Back