• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Would you trade your NSX for the new M3?

WingZ bro, the M3 gearbox is not that bad. It may not shift as smoothly as your NSX, but I can't imagine harvesting all of its revs with an automatic transmission. Something about that just isn't right. But to each his own.

I'm not blown away by the new M3's looks. But I am a sucker for an 8400RPM redline and the CF roof.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: What automatic transmission? You can't get an M3 with an auto. Are you referring to the Semi MANUAL Gearbox that has a clutch and flywheel? Auto transmissions don't have that they use a torque convertor which BMW does not offer on the M3. Just because a computer engages it doesn't mean there isn't a clutch:wink:

It still boggles my mind how many fights they have on the M3 boards about 6spd vs SMG. Hellooooo SMG is six speed as well. Again only difference is who engages the clutch. Can't believe your falling for that stuff or telling people here it's an auto. Oh and yes the M3 stick is that bad! they offer aftermarket fixes ,but for a car that expensive there's just no excuse. If you were here bro I'd let you drive my cars so you can feel the difference.

Oh and those lasts two sentences are exactly what I was feeling as well. 8400rpm....drool:biggrin:

Well I haven't had the pleasure of pushing an NSX at redline, so I can't comment but I love the way the M3 screams towards the redline. The throaty engine twine is musical. The revs are absolutely fluid, it pulls in all gears. The linear torque curve is phenomenal.

I can't wait to enjoy an NSX...sounds like its even more fun according to the guys who own both. BTW, I'm not bashing on SMG, but unless you have a 6MT you're not really getting he true Motorsports out of an M.

Your comment on the SMG vs. Manual sounds like you have never driven an SMG. Ive owned both, tracked both and spend many miles in both. The SMG is far more superior in all ways. The manual is notchy, sloppy and as someone else said, like a joystick at times. However, the SMG takes a few weeks at least to master. Its lightning fast shifts are as crisp as its going to get. At low RPMs, both the manual and SMG are clunky, loud and not worth it. Hence, Im now owning an NSX. Cost of repairs out of warranty are going to be excessive and expensive. Ill stop now as this is an NSX forum! I was a hard core M owner for quite some time, I know them very well...

Your comment on the SMG vs. Manual sounds like you have never driven an SMG. Ive owned both, tracked both and spend many miles in both. The SMG is far more superior in all ways. The manual is notchy, sloppy and as someone else said, like a joystick at times. However, the SMG takes a few weeks at least to master. Its lightning fast shifts are as crisp as its going to get. At low RPMs, both the manual and SMG are clunky, loud and not worth it. Hence, Im now owning an NSX. Cost of repairs out of warranty are going to be excessive and expensive. Ill stop now as this is an NSX forum! I was a hard core M owner for quite some time, I know them very well...

+1:biggrin:

Ozone is still the man though!

Ha...sorry to turn this into an M board. I admit, I have never driven an SMG--I have been found. I'm just very biased towards clutches. In any case, back to topic...in the future I might be able to choose between the new M3 and the NSX. I'm currently leaning towards the NSX because of its exotic looks and uniqueness.

Obviously it's engine is no match for the new M3. That's why I would eventually need a blower or turbos. Also, as I've stated in previous posts, both the M3 and NSX are coming out with uglier versions--only the NSX drop off is much more significant.

Also, as I've stated in previous posts, both the M3 and NSX are coming out with uglier versions--only the NSX drop off is much more significant.

Hey!! Hold on now!! That's not for sure. Many of us liked the HSC Concept, it just needed more current NSX cues added to it. The NEXT NSX is still a mystery so don't go putting a hex on it:biggrin: As for the ASCC...We shall never speak of it again.:tongue:

Hey!! Hold on now!! That's not for sure. Many of us liked the HSC Concept, it just needed more current NSX cues added to it. The NEXT NSX is still a mystery so don't go putting a hex on it:biggrin: As for the ASCC...We shall never speak of it again.:tongue:

Yeah, at last check new NSX = ASCC. Ugly as shit. If it's HSC, then at least its keeping true to its roots with alot of potential.

Back