• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Would you trade your NSX for the new M3?

And no, I am not considering it.:) Just curious if anyone here would do it. Since the new m3 will cost 60k+, lets say you own a 2003+NSX for it to be a fair comparison. Would you trade your 2003+ NSX for the new M3? I think the BMW driving "feel" is second to none. I had a 2001 330I and sold it for a Lexus IS350. Let's just say I took a step back, imo. There is something about the steering feel of a BMW that no other car manufacturer can copy.

Call me crazy..... But I wouldn't trade my 92 nsx for an m3 :rolleyes:

It's going to be more than $60K. Closer to $70-75K according to the sales manager I spoke with today at a local BMW dealer. I also saw the new 3 Series Convertible. Very nice looking, but $64,xxx :eek: for a 335CI, not me. I'd rather take a used SL55.

Of course I would, then I would sell it, buy a mint NA2 NSX-T for 45K and pocket the difference!

I wouldn't.

It would be fun for about 2 months until every neighborhood has one in their parking lot. One of the reason why I sold the previous M3.

No, I like my NSX too much. I see at least one M3 everyday where I live, and commute. I would be lucky to see a NSX once a month in the S.F. Bay Area. Beside, I like the reliability of a Honda. Lower total cost of ownership.

You really think the steering of an M3 is better than that of the NSX?! :confused:

The new M3 looks like a fantastic car. But no way would I change my NSX. I love my NSX. Love it love it love it. For what I have into it now $$ I could have bought an M6, an R8, a Vantage V8... all of which I drove, none of which I like the way I do my NSX.

Nevaaaa!

In addition, I would never buy a first year production car from any automaker.

I have an E36 M3. I drove the new e46 m3 (in almost every form available, including the Competition version... not the CSL though) and to me, with each version, it feels heavier and more capable, but less involving or less communicative. Feels too much like a video game now and days.

I would say save your money, the last BMW I would drive is an E36 M3 or E39 M5. If you really want to talk about 60k and used cars, I'd find me a 996 Turbo before I look at a new BMW.

You really think the steering of an M3 is better than that of the NSX?! :confused:

The new M3 looks like a fantastic car. But no way would I change my NSX. I love my NSX. Love it love it love it. For what I have into it now $$ I could have bought an M6, an R8, a Vantage V8... all of which I drove, none of which I like the way I do my NSX.

I wouldn't trade my 91 nsx for a new M3 either, just because in time, I'll see the new M3's all day long.

Not to change the subject, but what'd you think of the R8. I'll never be able to have one or drive one, but just wondering what Audi is up too.

I wouldn't trade my 91 nsx for a new M3 either, just because in time, I'll see the new M3's all day long.

Not to change the subject, but what'd you think of the R8. I'll never be able to have one or drive one, but just wondering what Audi is up too.

I apologize, I did not mean to say I drove the R8. Just the M6 and the Vantage, and a few others like 996TT and 997C2S and C4S, Maserati GS. I did schedule to drive an R8. Even if I love it, I probably won't buy it. Too much depreciation with Audi. But I am shocked when I added the numbers up that I was into my NSX for well over 100K. So if someone wants to trade me a new M3 I better get a lot of money back! :biggrin:

I have 01 M3,01porsche 996 c2,93 RX7,97 SUPRA TT ,92 NSX....NSX looks better,handles better...plus won't lose much $ whenever you wanna sell it.

the only thing i will trade my NSX is for another NSX...

I have had 5 BMWs(3 M3s) so far....they have way more problems than my other 10 years old japanese cars....

the reason i didn't sell my E46 M3 is because i will lose at least 35K now if i sell it...so i keep it as a daily driver.(very bad MPG...)

once you have a NSX...you won't be satisfied with a M3.

I couldn't bring myself to do it. I love my car!

No way. The new M3 will be a dime a dozen, its anew car and who knows what issues it will have in new release form. If its great then so be it, but I would be leary of buying the first year, if its turns out fine I would keep the NSX and buy the m3, but wouldn't give up the NSX for it.

Back