• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho
  • ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

WP Pro 6 Piston BBK with E Brake, Introductory pricing

can you answer my question?

how is the performance of the carbon kit vs the standard kit? Do they have to warm up before they perform their best?

The WP Pro Carbon Ceramic rotors are about 50% lighter than the steel bbk rotors, less weight=better performance. WP Carbon Ceramic uses continuous fiber construction for increased strength and thermal conductivity, unlike chopped fiber found in other carbon ceramic discs. This is a high thermal conductivity material that behaves similar to cast iron discs in terms of temperature and cooling, as well as improves pad durability. They can also be resurfaced, run cooler and outlast by at least 2x(more like 10x) chopped fiber ceramics. So you get a rotor that is lighter, runs cooler, lasts longer and behaves similar to a steel rotor in cold climates. There is only one compromise, price!

The WP Pro Carbon Ceramic rotors are about 50% lighter than the steel bbk rotors, less weight=better performance. WP Carbon Ceramic uses continuous fiber construction for increased strength and thermal conductivity, unlike chopped fiber found in other carbon ceramic discs. This is a high thermal conductivity material that behaves similar to cast iron discs in terms of temperature and cooling, as well as improves pad durability. They can also be resurfaced, run cooler and outlast by at least 2x(more like 10x) chopped fiber ceramics. So you get a rotor that is lighter, runs cooler, lasts longer and behaves similar to a steel rotor in cold climates. There is only one compromise, price!

Sounds promising. Can't wait to see some pictures installed!

man thats cool what kind of rotors is that?

my brakes are here!

thank you Brandon! can't wait to get my wheels so i can put these on:smile:

Looks awesome Ji, I can't wait to see them installed!!

- - - Updated - - -

man thats cool what kind of rotors is that?

That is the slotted rotor design.

Due to rising material and shipping costs our cost has jumped substantially on the WP Pro brake kits. I have one kit here in stock available at the old pricing. It is a WP Gold EX-6 front and rear kit with 360mm upgrade and wavy rotor upgrade. Price is $5500 for front and rear with e brakes, this setup MSRP with upgrades is over 7k.
IMG_20140421_160419_523.jpg
We mounted one rear wheel kit to check wheel clearance measurements.

Looks awesome Ji, I can't wait to see them installed!!

- - - Updated - - -

That is the slotted rotor design.

I can see that it's slotted... I meant what material is it made of?

Also I've seen people have issues with the fitment on Advan RS2's in 17" front wheels.... any ideas why this is? I wouldn't be able to buy these since I have those rims and it wouldn't fit.

10294450_1499941823559283_6140817416884459134_n.jpg

Last edited:
There's two kit a 330 and a 360. 330 no problem but the 360 kit is an inch larger so you will need to go with the 330 kit instead.:wink:

I can see that it's slotted... I meant what material is it made of?

Also I've seen people have issues with the fitment on Advan RS2's in 17" front wheels.... any ideas why this is? I wouldn't be able to buy these since I have those rims and it wouldn't fit.

10294450_1499941823559283_6140817416884459134_n.jpg

Fitment over 17" wheels is only a problem on the 14"(360mm) kits, with the standard 336mm it is no problem. If you want 360mm rotors I recommend 18/19. We are.currently working on a 17/18 wheel solution that will clear the 360mm rotors for those interested.

I still have one complete EX-6 kit in WP Gold with 360mm and wavy rotor upgrade in stock. I am offering this kit at a deep discount, email or pm for price.

Do they offer just the E-brake for the 330mm? I'd like to adapt these to my 330mm Rotora's since Rotora doesn't offer E-brake.

330 fits TE37 fine. The 360 may actually clear a 17" RSII with the tightest of margins. I was only abouy 1-2mm shy of clearing, thats a 362 ceramic kit, it is larger than the 360 alloy kit.

- - - Updated - - -

I still don't recommend the 360 kit with 17's even though it may clear an RSII. It's too tight a tolerance. I wanted to be clear about that.

Let me be clear: I am only talking about barrel clearance not spoke to caliper clearance. I have no idea on the latter. My guess is no you will not clear spoke to caliper without a spacer.

do you offer cryo treatment of the rotors, calipers and pads?

Back