• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

WP Pro 6 Piston BBK with E Brake, Introductory pricing

Where is the rotor wheel face in relation with the stock rotors. Stoptech pushes the wheels out 4mm in the front and 2.8mm in the back. Any specs for the WP Pro Kit?

Assuming you are talking about the face of the rotor hat compared to oem hat. I am working on getting the exact measurements, but I don't think its more than an additional 2mm front and rear, if that.

Last edited:
A couple of questions. 1.) Will the Advan RS II wheels clear the WP Pros? 2.) Is the 2-stage finish on the Ex-6R is only in the one color (as shown) or are the other colors available?

Thanks for putting together this opportunity.

A couple of questions. 1.) Will the Advan RS II wheels clear the WP Pros? 2.) Is the 2-stage finish on the Ex-6R is only in the one color (as shown) or are the other colors available?

Thanks for putting together this opportunity.

The EX-6R only comes in the dark titanium finish shown. The EX-6R is more of a racing caliper, its 2 stage anodized finish is designed to take a extreme temperatures without discoloring. The WP Pro EX6 Kit will fit the RS2 as long as its the 19x10+35 and 18x8+37 without spacers. The face of the WP kit sits about 7mm in from the Stop tech caliper allowing more broad range of fitment behind the wheels. Here are a couple pictures of the Dark Titanium anodized finish.
1150291_428047660647995_971138577_n.jpg
1236426_428047630647998_412282607_n.jpg

Assuming you are talking about the face of the rotor hat compared to oem hat. I am working on getting the exact measurements, but I don't think its more than an additional 2mm front and rear, if that.

Yes. Looking for total wheel offset.

The EX-6R only comes in the dark titanium finish shown. The EX-6R is more of a racing caliper, its 2 stage anodized finish is designed to take a extreme temperatures without discoloring. The WP Pro EX6 Kit will fit the RS2 as long as its the 19x10+35 and 18x8+37 without spacers. The face of the WP kit sits about 7mm in from the Stop tech caliper allowing more broad range of fitment behind the wheels. Here are a couple pictures of the Dark Titanium anodized finish.

I have 17x8 +37 and 18x10 +35 which, in theory, clear the Stoptechs. If they clear the Stop techs, I should be good, correct? I was part of the group buy on the RSIIs and I bought the offsets that should clear stoptechs.

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just really interested in the deal. :smile:

I was the owner of the silver 2004 NSX in the photos in the original post. I was one of the first users of this setup, I drove it extensively on the track. The performance of the brakes are incredible, very reliable, and cosmetically - they look fantastic. I was a HUGE fan because they had the show quality, yet still had the functionality I demanded.

The parking brake being offered now is a "version 2". The version 1 I was initially testing for Brandon didn't quite meet the muster and had a much larger profile. Brandon worked extensively with WP Pro to come up with the new design which is now offered on the kit. I eventually scrapped the version 1 design and installed the version 2. Installation is very easy, the brake is very reliable. However, of course - you should never lock a parking brake in place on a hot caliper, this holds true with any brake system including factory. So, if you're at the track, don't use it.

Brandon is a top notch vendor. Plenty of communication, very trustworthy, etc. I have pretty high expectations of people, Brandon meets that and the WP Pro system also exceeds my expectations.

Here's a comparison of the WP Pro compared to a "typical" BBK:

1235903_565666006804363_1497673933_n.jpg

Another photo of my previous NS with this kit installed.

HIJACKER_NSX-2011.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I have 17x8 +37 and 18x10 +35 which, in theory, clear the Stoptechs. If they clear the Stop techs, I should be good, correct? I was part of the group buy on the RSIIs and I bought the offsets that should clear stoptechs.

Yes, those are the exact wheels I had on my NSX (pictured in the photo). If you purchase wheels with StopTech clearance, you will clear WPPro just fine.

Yes, if you clear stop tech brakes you will clear WP Pro EX-6 no problem. Your Advan RSII will be good to go.

What are the brake pad options for these? Are pads only available from WP or are they a standard size available from other manufacturers also?

I was the owner of the silver 2004 NSX in the photos in the original post. I was one of the first users of this setup, I drove it extensively on the track. The performance of the brakes are incredible, very reliable, and cosmetically - they look fantastic. I was a HUGE fan because they had the show quality, yet still had the functionality I demanded.

The parking brake being offered now is a "version 2". The version 1 I was initially testing for Brandon didn't quite meet the muster and had a much larger profile. Brandon worked extensively with WP Pro to come up with the new design which is now offered on the kit. I eventually scrapped the version 1 design and installed the version 2. Installation is very easy, the brake is very reliable. However, of course - you should never lock a parking brake in place on a hot caliper, this holds true with any brake system including factory. So, if you're at the track, don't use it.

Brandon is a top notch vendor. Plenty of communication, very trustworthy, etc. I have pretty high expectations of people, Brandon meets that and the WP Pro system also exceeds my expectations.

Here's a comparison of the WP Pro compared to a "typical" BBK:

1235903_565666006804363_1497673933_n.jpg

Another photo of my previous NS with this kit installed.

HIJACKER_NSX-2011.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, those are the exact wheels I had on my NSX (pictured in the photo). If you purchase wheels with StopTech clearance, you will clear WPPro just fine.

Thanks Steve!! You need to get another NSX, I loved the way your car turned out.

- - - Updated - - -

What are the brake pad options for these? Are pads only available from WP or are they a standard size available from other manufacturers also?

WP uses their own pads which are quite a bit larger than other kits as you can see in the pic that Hijacker posted. They are available in a variety of compounds. The kits come standard with the sport pads which are the best for daily driving and occasional track use. Optional pad compounds are:
01T= Track, is more aggressive than standard sport pads but still enough to be used daily if need be.
01R= Race, these last longer and have more steady bite through out temperature.
02R= Sprint, most often used on time attack/drift/qualifying, incredible bite that doesn't need much warm up but it does get noisy and wear fast
03R= Endurance, great bite through temperature range, but very dusty and noisy.

UPDATED!
Very interested in getting in on the deal while the upgrade lasts but I am traveling and want to confirm my wheel offset. I have Advan RS 18"x10" ET35 and 17"x8" ET37 please confirm fitment. How are these brakes for dust?
I am a bit of a neat freak and will trade a little braking power for the cleanliness of ceramic compound brakes (I really like the Akibono brake pads).
Thanks!
Brian P.

Last edited:
We have a few kits being made right now. Don't miss your chance to upgrade to the EX-6R Caliper for free while it lasts!!!

Is this deal still available?

Last edited:
We are debating offering a 360mm option if there is interest. Post or PM if so, if we can get a few lined up we will go ahead and produce the 360mm kit.

- - - Updated - - -

I know this is not brake related but what side skirts are on hijacker's car? thanks, Frank

Frank, I believe it is a modified Vinny's skirt.

What are the piston sizes of the front and rear calipers?

25/30/35 front and rear. WP shortened the stroke on the rear caliper to adjust the bias forward on the standard kit. WP can also do a 25/30/30 on the rear if the customer wants more front bias, combined with the shortened rear stroke that puts the bias at around 61/39. If you want a set drop me an email, I'll lace you up with a full carbon ceramic setup.

25/30/35 front and rear. WP shortened the stroke on the rear caliper to adjust the bias forward on the standard kit. WP can also do a 25/30/30 on the rear if the customer wants more front bias, combined with the shortened rear stroke that puts the bias at around 61/39. If you want a set drop me an email, I'll lace you up with a full carbon ceramic setup.

Great info right here. I did not know that.

What are the weights of the carbon ceramic rotors front and rear?

The carbon ceramic rotor and hat come in at about 9.5lbs. The carbon ceramic are only available in 362mmx30mm rotor, they get a completely different hat to go with the carbon ceramic rotor. WP wants to do a carbon ceramic setup for an NSX and has offered discounted pricing for a heavily tracked NSX. Anyone interested drop me an email or PM.

I found this information on a Lexus IS site. It goes back to 2010. Not sure what has changed but thought the group would like to see.
Manny

WP History:

Directly from the owner-

"WP Pro started as Winner Speed in 1981, we started as a Tier 2 OEM supplier for
brake components, from calipers to rotors, during this time, we’ve also began developing
aftermarket turbo parts/kits for our Japanese customers. In 1982, we began development
for upgrade aftermarket brake components, such as high performance brake pads, crossdrilled
and/or slotted rotors, in this time frame, Winner Speed began to manufacture
components for mutli-piston calipers and began to use the brand of Winner Power, which
later becomes WP Pro
In 1993, we were contacted by several companies in developing multi-pistons
calipers that will utilize various pistons sizes in order to provide better stopping power, in
1995, our first 6 piston caliper prototypes have finish all various testing, it was in fact, the
first 6 piston calipers in the world that utilize various size pistons in the world, during
testing, we discovered one of the main advantages of such set up other than improved
braking power was the elimination of “abrupt stop” syndrome.
In 1997, our 6 pistons calipers were introduced to the North American market
under HP Racing, it was showcased at SEMA and the Birmingham Auto Show.
In 1999, we began development of the 8 piston calipers which is a break through
product, from the data we collected from the 8 piston calipers, we were able to design the
new 12 piston calipers that we called EVO12, which today is in its 2nd generation
During this time, we’ve began to manufacture for well known tuners through out
the world, in the 2000’s, we began to focus on developing WP Pro brand, our main
objective is the highest quality of big brake kit possible, providing both exclusivity and
individuality, without sacrificing performance and the ability to use the brakes on all
weathers.
In 2003, we expanded our manufacturing facility and updated all forging process
to 5000 tons cold forged utilizing T6061 material, it is an industry first.
In 2009, we developed the newest caliper line, the L8, it is based on our 8 piston
calipers design that have competed in FIA open wheel racing, with the main objectives of
2/3 of EVO12’s stopping power at ½ of EVO12’s price."

Industry Secrets
WP used to manufacture all of stop tech in the 90's and early 2000's. So when you guys were running Stop tech, you were running WP. As well, WP now manufactures for some big F1 teams and brands that have 2 letters and racing (I can't say what it is legally). They are a Canadian based manufacturer, so a lot of what we have in the USA is actually WP (not Megan BBK's or other low end brands). This is a chance to purchase factory direct, without getting big on name brands. This industry is fickle, and many manufactures claim they make their own products, yet, they just get them elsewhere. WP is the manufacture in this case, so its easy to see why to go with them, even though they haven't marketed heavily in the United States. As well, all WP brakes meet rigorous TUV standards in Germany. This means top quality, as the TUV does not make any exceptions.

Back