• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wrecks all over the place

Maybe Lud can add another sub-forum and call it the "Graveyard." People can start a new thread with a VIN of a wrecked car. It'll be easier to keep track of instead of having to sort through threads posted in different forums.

What do you guys think?

A "Graveyard" forum or not?

I like the idea. But can we call it something less dark like "Retired NSX's"? I know I'm headed for the graveyard...aren't we all? But I don't like to think of my NSX going there. ;)

Vanishing Point .. tks for the link to the S2K doc and explanation as to how you think it would work. I may not understand fully but it seems to me to be just a 'spreadsheet in the sky' .. and we'd still need voluntary 'moderator(s)', etc. The current NSX Registry was a bit of a pain in the a$$ because it rode on top of the Wiki and therefore the addition of information required people to understand the Wiki formatting system which isn't intuitively obvious. The beauty of a Thread-based system is that virtually everyone knows how to add a post to a thread or to create a new one. Maybe we could use something like the for sale topic area where it's easy to open a new thread .. but it has to be 'approved' before it becomes 'public'. 'Approving it' would be just checking the validity of the VIN and whether there is already a VIN thread started. If there was, the moderator could just point the person to the existing thread; if there wasn't, one could be started and 'preloaded' with some factory information about exterior/interior color codes; etc. There are a small number of people in the community that have this information and I think they'd be willing to add that specifically for VINs in the public domain.

The problem with the current Registry is that it was a huge effort to get prior information loaded.. and for existing information in Prime threads or For Sale ads, there was little benefit since it would show up in a Google search anyway. Lud dealt with part of the problem by creating an extension that would automatically capture eBay ads. Having a system that allows anyone to add VIN sighting information helps with the workload problem. I know that we have an existing small group of people who have been discussing options since the NSXPO last year and I suspect that group could be tapped for volunteers. Lud would have to be on board as well.
The NSX deserves a Registry of it's own, whether it's through Google or some other format, I'm just glad the discussion is being made.
I just occurred to me that you're maybe not aware of the current Registry's existence. http://nsxprime.com/wiki/Category:NSXRegistry
By the time the Wiki was locked down, I think we had captured over a 1000 VINs which is not insignificant.

hmmm isn't that what the jersey shore boys called ugly girls all up in the bar...

Same here and with actually experience. I DD my miata and it got rear ended twice in the last 6 months at the stop light for no reason. And it just got rear ended again this afternoon.

My wife, sister-in-law and a good friend all had their cars rear ended in the last 12 mos at the stop light.

I am truly afraid to drive the NSX and my other toy.

I don't know about you guys but every time I drive my NSX I fear someone is going to hit it, either from red light or stop sign, who also has these thoughts?

Me!!! I cannot count the number of times I have had to swerve someone coming out of their driveway because they didn't see me since the NSX is so low. What shocks me even more is they can't see this bright yellow banana?!

I drive a yellow banana and I couldn't agree with you more. They just don't see us period! We are low and have a very small profile!

Im surprised mine didnt make it on here...

Back