• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

WTB or rent SRS Test harness

Hi, I'm looking for a couple of test harnesses to troubleshoot my SRS system. I will buy one or both cables, or rent them for a week and return.

Test Harness B: 07MAZ-SP00500

Test Harness C: 07LAZ-SL40300

These are breakout boxes...they are a convenience.

I recommend reseating the SRS connectors after cleaning them with a contact cleaner.

The 07LAZ-SL40300 is available new for about $60.

AND you can use some thin VOM probes in place of the 07MAZ-SP00500, just get in behind the attached wire connector as the manual indicates. I suppose there is a possibility of setting off the airbags and seat belt bolts. So I would replace the airbag connections with 4ohm resistors and use a high-quality VOM (I like digital Triplett). I use connectors from clipped/salvaged airbags to make a 4ohm test buck. You would also have to take apart a lot of your console to get the probes in position, but I'm guessing that you are down to this point already.

OR one can build their own by hacking a 90's era Honda and repurposing the wire and surface mount connectors, probably use an old ECU connector as the breakout. Probably 2-3 hours and $50 in used parts and crimp connectors.

OR a used one for €17
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Aus-einer-Werkstattauflosung-Prufkabel-07LAZ-SL40300/202777104876

Thanks for all the helpful information Drew.

My initial check of the SRS module (checking all the voltages at the test port) indicated that the left side seat belt tensioner is an open connection. I disconnected the seat belt tensioner harness at the SRS module, retested, and the result was the same. I checked to make sure that the two wires that travel from the SRS module to the seat belt tensioner were both good. I repeated the SRS module voltage check after disconnecting only the connector at the seat belt tensioner, and it still shows an open circuit.

I pulled out the seat belt tensioner and I'll send it our for troubleshooting/rebuilding. I'll update this thread when I receive the repaired part.

Try a 4ohm resistor in place of the tensioner.

I suspect your SRS computer needs a rebuild more than your tensioner.

What is the history of your SRS computer? (To remove you need a heat source on each torx bolt to take them out)

Sorry I forgot to update. I received the sealtbelt tensioner, plugged it in, and everything works fine. Thanks for the help.

Back