• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

You know you own an NSX when...

You realize your garage floor may not be as level as you thought

......none of the other cars hover a millimeter off of one of the four jack stands...:redface:

This freaked me out the first time I put the car on stands, I thought it was frame damage or something. Turns out it's a low spot in the concrete.

Oh and,
When you go for a drive and still can't believe you finally have one.

It annoys me when strangers on the street ask me how much I paid for my cars.

But some people are super pushy and say "no really, how much?" I'm not sure how to deal with those types yet. :mad:

My stock answer is "you can buy one from 25K to 80K" which usually leaves them puzzled enough to not follow up with "well, how much is yours?"
which gets the automatic response "somewhere in there, but its not for sale"

works like a charm and conveys that its actually none of their business

If a guy is seriously asking about pricing because he genuinely is in the market, that's a different discussion

When your sitting at the bar and you hear the guy next to you talking about your car in the parking lot with his friends. Then whenever someone else came along he asked them if they saw his new car outside. I just listened.

My stock answer is "you can buy one from 25K to 80K" which usually leaves them puzzled enough to not follow up with "well, how much is yours?"
which gets the automatic response "somewhere in there, but its not for sale"

works like a charm and conveys that its actually none of their business

If a guy is seriously asking about pricing because he genuinely is in the market, that's a different discussion

Awesome answer, I've been trying to find a smart answer for shrugging off that stupid question without sounding like an a-hole for a while now, I'm definitely going with this.

When, out of habit, you park all of your vehicles including the SUV one foot away from the concrete parking stops and curbs. Or, when you drop your car off at your NSX mechanic's shop for several days to get some projects done and you visit every day to look at your car then you clean/detail all of the parts he's taken off and in places no one will ever see.

Last edited:
When the first thing you after bringing the NSX home is call the Alarm company and ask for a sensor for the garage door :)

When muscle car guys say it's the only Honda that they would consider owning.

When the first thing you after bringing the NSX home is call the Alarm company and ask for a sensor for the garage door :)

Guilty - well, 2 sensors, because I have 2 doors. But it is one of the first things I did when I got the NSX home.

You're willing to spend as much as you paid for the car on upgrades

Maybe said before
but when you pull some part off the car
then spend time making it look as it look the day it came off the showroom floor
then put it back on knowing someone will never see it.
These cars are so nice ... so well designed ... they deserve the attention.

I pick up my 8 y/o son from school and all the boys stare trying to make out the car and then say hey nice NSX.

Last edited:
When you are conscious of picking you're nose while driving, because other drivers and pedestrians are always looking:smile:

^^ Haha, I thought about that the first day I bought it

When your daily driver needs an oil change, inspection sticker, new cv boot and a serious cleaning to remove the bird turds damaging the paint all over it but you hurry home to polish the exhaust tips of your NSX instead

Last edited:
When it's the first monthly car payment *ever* that you're not even slightly irked about since it's pretty much money in the bank if maintained well and not wrecked, the interest rate is so low (thank you Penfed), and....of course because of what it's for...

Last edited:
... when you find yourself getting up with the baby in the middle of the night and doing random chores around the house you haven't done in years as willing penance to your wife and as an added measure of assurance to her that it "was a good idea" and "in her best interest" to buy an NSX.

When you get a random text message in the middle of the night from a friend asking you to send a picture of your NSX, cause the guy he is talking to doesn't believe he has a friend with a NSX.

When you are at the drive thru and the person at the window wants to play 20 questions with you about your car and calls all of his coworkers over to see it.

This.

Or the fact that you have a hard time reaching your food.

And This.

Plus someone from the kitchen area runs to the drive-thru window and asks if they can take a picture of the car, then runs to the side door and outside to take said picture.

And when your Corvette friend calls it a Unicorn.

Last edited:
When people are constantly asking how in the &@$! You get in and out of that thing?

Back