• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Zanardi #10 on eBay JH4NA2124XT000136

Looks like a fun car...someday I think I will add a Zanardi to my fleet.....even if it is red. :D

This car has an ugly history.
I bought it last year from ebay seller ezride1. Or at least I thought I did since I paid him in full.

Turns out the prior owner had it stolen through fraud - the thief gave him a forged cashier's check. The thief drove it for about a week then sold it to ez-ride using forged ID to impersonate the prior owner.

Ez-ride did the bare minimum verification to comply with Florida law (essentially nothing) and offered it for sale. With the very generous help of some forum members who took the time to inspect it, I decide to buy it. I paid up and had a truck scheduled to pick it up in about a week.

Meanwhile, the prior owner finally discovered the check was forged (his bank took about a month to even mention there might be a problem), called the FBI who stopped ez-ride from delivering it since they now officially knew it was stolen. But nobody told me, ez-ride lied about breaking the spoiler and having to get it fixed -- they strung me on for a month before I finally found out what was really going on.

The prior owner had to take ez-ride to court (the Florida branch of the FBI would not confiscate it) and as of today, the Broward County Court Clerk's electronic case files don't show any resolution to that case. Meanwhile, ez-ride still owes me most of the money they took from me.

This new seller is about 6 miles away from ez-ride's current address. I don't know what, if any relationship there is between ezride and this benzsouth seller. But whatever it is, you probably don't want to get mixed up in this since it definitely isn't resolved yet.

Plus, it looks like the car has acquired over 2K of carelessly driven miles over the last year when it ought to have been sitting in a garage or show-room, untouched, since it was the subject of a lawsuit.

Sorry to hear about that JerryW. Did you end up getting another one? I hope you get your money back and end up with a nice nsx.

Nope, I bought a primo used vehicross for substantially less, then threw my back out for the last 8 months or so. I blame the back injury on the stress from ez-ride, but I doubt it'll stand up in court...

JerryW said:
Plus, it looks like the car has acquired over 2K of carelessly driven miles over the last year when it ought to have been sitting in a garage or show-room, untouched, since it was the subject of a lawsuit.

whew! I'm glad someone over bid me on that one.

I was just checking out this auction and look what I see.......there is a black NSXT driving past the dealership. :D

d4_3.JPG

Well, I found that kinda cool...
- Z

EDIT: Past, or maybe into the dealership

What about a Silver parked next to it?

What is this, NSX sweepstakes??

Here

Now we know that number 8 and 10 are trashed.. As a matter of fact, I personally saw #50 here in the Los Angeles area being bought through an auction and the whole passneger side was damaged. It was being fixed at a body shop with front suspension damage (bent suspension arm) as well and it's being re-painted. While the car was being auctioned, it was keyed at all corners, stolen shift knob and few missing interior parts. It's been over 4 years but I am positive it's #50. The car was sold after all the work was done so Carfax should have records of this car being a LA car once before.

Last edited:
The black one looks like the one he has listed for sale here on Prime, and the silver is listed for sale here as well.

Re: What about a Silver parked next to it?

S Flavor said:
What is this, NSX sweepstakes??

Here

...While the car was being auctioned, it was keyed at all corners, stolen shift knob and few missing interior parts...

Wait a second...it got keyed AT THE AUCTION?? :eek:

I know the original owner, he is a former prime member and was on the email list as well. Beautiful, well maintained car when he owned it but that was a few years ago. He was at NSXPO 2000 in Atlanta. One of the nicest people you'd even hope to meet.

Back