• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Zanardi WTCC success

Brno chance?

With all the Le Mans hoo-hah dominating the weekend news, this one nearly slipped under the radar.

But we're pleased to report that TG legend and all-round good bloke Alessandro Zanardi has won a WTCC race and finished second in his best race weekend since he lost his legs back in 2001.

BMW 320s-driving Zanardi took the Race One victory after starting from pole and thoroughly out-driving team-mate Porteiro.

In Race Two the Italian was just pipped to the win by Tarquini's SEAT. However, Zanardi claimed the fastest lap by half a second. Half a second in the WTCC is a massive margin!

Tarquini heads the WTCC standings on 58 points, with Zanardi back in 12th. Recent MBE recipient Andy Priaulx is the highest placed Brit on 34 points.

http://www.topgear.com/content/news/stories/2963/

large.jpg

I caught the end of the WTCC on TV, didn't know much about it but when I heard of Zanardi's success I meant to look into it to see if it was the same person. Guess I don't need to now.

Back