• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ZO6...In disbelief

Wow thats amazing where did you find a girl like that?

I don't know man, I went into the Ferrari dealer and she was there. Talking to 3 customers at once and not making anyone feel ignored. On the test drive she was reving the engine out and passing people on the highway with a calm face while telling me all about how things are currently at Maranello... hehe I tell you it was very interesting. I almost bought a car there just because of her!

15 year old beater...? A 10 year old Saturn is a beater... a old civic is a beater an old branco is a beater. a 15 year old NSX. You can't call that a beater. just my 2 cents

what do you expect of the salesman? Its a Chevy dealer. They sell Cobalts.

The only dealership I have been to where I was impressed with the knowledge of the salesperson was at the Ferrari dealer, and the salesperson was a woman named Natalia... her father managed, her brother was a mechanic in the shop, and she was rev-matching with her high heel shoes. I am not joking.

:eek: Now that's impressive indeed!

Please explain why it matters to help GM out. Their problems are the results of at least two decades of mismanagement. They have no shortage of Vette buyers. If you feel some oblgation to support overpaid UAW workers and make up for decades of mismanagement you should buy a Pontiac or a Suburban. Buy a Vette (or any car) only on merit.
I don't think that he ever said that he wanted to help GM out. And yes, if you support GM then you are directly HURTING the American economy... unless of course they can fix their broken company and start adding more value to the US than they destroy through inflation and the likes.

I've seen the Z06 interior first hand... its a matter of taste IMO and I think the American car buyer can do much worse. Like other posters have mentioned, I don't think you can expect good treatment after you have just insulted the person's business/product/profession/etc.

15 year old beater...? A 10 year old Saturn is a beater... a old civic is a beater an old branco is a beater. a 15 year old NSX. You can't call that a beater. just my 2 cents

Forgive Liquid... he was drunk when he called an NSX a beater. :biggrin:

Actually I was using Ron98's terminology to illustrate my point about how he was making a comparison between two totally unlike things.

i just sold my clear title nsx for 19,500. keep your eyes open, they are out there.

turbo nsx for 30K or Z06 for 80K. its no comparison... thats the point. 500HP is over rated.

I don't see anything wrong with this interior. Sure it ain't Ferrari F430 quality, but it's pretty darn good to me.

InteriorShot.jpg

^ Exactly. The C6 interior isn't that bad at all.

I understand some people have the preferences but to say it looks like "shit" is a little unreasonable.

Let's cut those saleman some slack man. Not too long ago I went into an Acura Dealer for the purchase of my Imola and the saleman was not all that nice or have any knowledge about the NSX either, ask if I care? After all, I'm styling away in my Imola with a fat :biggrin: on my face and I already am forgot what the hell that saleman's name was:biggrin:

actually you guys are saying "it's not to bad" because of the picture shown.... angle lighting and showing the steering wheel side of the interior is probably the best they had to offer...

My room mate currently owns a z06 c5 and another buddy owns the c6 z06, and comparing the 2 interior it's pretty much the same.. the only cool thing i liked is the digitial screen display projected on the window so you don't have to star at your gauge cluster. the seats are wide and slippery so on a turn you kinda slide around the seat belts are ganky the stereo system is horrible and everything seems cheap and plasticy.

The car looks good and the performance is great but speaking of interior alone for almost 100K you better have great everything!

Mitch, ran into the same thing w/ BMW. After I sold my first NSX, I went to a dealer because I was very interested in placing an order for a new M3. They didn't have one to test drive and made no effort to procure one, same with the 545i. Went to another BMW dealer, same thing. I asked them how they expect to sell a car that you can't test drive, they said that's how they do it and they sell plenty of cars. As I was calling around trying to find actual cars that could be test driven, I came home one day to find that the salesman from the first dealership had left me a very nasty msg. Apparently he thought he had closed the sale and was upset that I hadn't placed the order yet.
End of story? I finally found a 6spd and an SMG M3 to test drive, and was so incredibly glad I had driven them before commiting to buy one. Started looking for another NSX right after that.

Jon

LOL!! That is so bad that I can almost hear it being said....as a former ///M3 owner I know how idiotic those guys are at the dealership. I am curious what his message actually said, or why he thought he closed the deal.
:biggrin:

I bet C6Z06 owners believe that our engine is worse than their interior.

The interior of that car is not its strong point, but what it does well more than makes up for it IMO.

I agree. While I still think the interior is below par for a $70,000 range car, it does SO much other stuff well, that the C6 Z06 as a whole is a mind blowing car. Plus, even the way it sits now, the interior is galaxies better than the older Corvette models.

actually you guys are saying "it's not to bad" because of the picture shown.... angle lighting and showing the steering wheel side of the interior is probably the best they had to offer...

Not so at all. I have driven several and even had a deposit on a ZO6. The interior design and execution are far from "sh*t."

I personally love the new Z06. That thing looks great and has badass hp numbers to back it up! I think the interior is ok, but it's the resale value that would stray me from buying one. Then again, people with 70, 80, 90k(whatever it costs) to drop on a sports car, may be ok with that. I'm not, thus I'm happy with my affordable NSX(91 w/29k miles). :smile:

whatever.... the vette came up and bit everybody in the butts.... and most people just haven't realized how big a chunk it took....

the difference between the c5 and c6 is crazy. anybody ever look at the LS7? find me another 7L V8 that revs to 7,000 rpm.

and, yeah, 505hp isn't all that much... if it's in a 5000lb muscle car..... this thing weighs as much as the nsx (and will outhandle the nsx, even with a damn leaf spring in the the rear suspension).

hp is one thing..... but try 470 lb ft on 0psi of boost.... (good luck getting that in an nsx on even 12psi). so, yes.... the z06 would be more suited for hauling your sasquatch of a friend

if you're still not impressed.....
0-60 mph: 3.7 sec
0-100 mph: 7.9 sec
¼ mile: 11.5 sec @ 127 mph
Top Speed: 198 mph
Lateral acceleration: 1.02g

(Ferrari F430:
0-60 mph: 3.6 sec
0-100 mph: 8.3 sec
¼ mile: 12.0 sec @ 121 mph
Top Speed: 193 mph
Lateral acceleration: .92g)

(Acura NSX NA2
0-60 mph: 4.9 sec
0-100 mph: 11.7 sec
¼ mile: 13.4 sec @ 106 mph
Top Speed: 175 mph
Lateral acceleration: .91g)

sounds (better than) a 100,000 dollar car to me. (too bad it also sounds like a truck hehe.... but at 7k rpm i bet it sounds amazing)

and nobody ever said expensive cars have to have nice interiors (just think italian.... nice leather, but somebody took cardboard and carpet to the rest of it)

this car at least deserves your respect, even if it's not for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmDq9tY1krk

and if you thought the nsx was special cause it was aluminum.... you might not know that the Z06 is all aluminum, and the places where it isn't is mag and carbon....

oh, and it has titanium conn rods too

i like the price evaluation they do at the end of this vid....

Seriously folks whats not to like about a 500hp street legal car that passes emissions, unlike turbo NSX's..
That has a dry sump 7.0L V8 (no oiling problems here).. and weighs LESS than an NSX-T..

I love my NSX and style-wise sure it looks better, but I wouldnt hesitate for a minute getting a Z06..

I went to the dealership to look at the new Z06 and thought it was a nice car. I would have considered buying one if the dealership hadn’t marked the price up $25,000 over sticker. The sticker price was $65,000 but they were selling it for $90,000!! I can’t justify spending that much over sticker price on ANY car just because of demand!

Nukem said:

Forgive Liquid... he was drunk when he called an NSX a beater. :biggrin:

You are OFFENDING me :mad: MOST of my Friends have BEATER NSXs :eek:
And we will continue to BEAT, Track the crap out of them :tongue:

KeyNSX037.jpg

KeyNSX038.jpg

OK, so we have 2 nice ones in the shop Too :smile:
KeyNSX041.jpg

Back