• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ZO6...In disbelief

My buddy recently bought a brand new Corvette - but he did not purchase the ZO6 model...so I went to the dealership to see what all the fuss was about the ZO6 - I was absolutley floored when I saw this car...the salesman came up to me immediately (having seen my 91 NSX parked outside his show room) and I said to him, "this car must run about $65,000.00 Canadian"...he responded in a rude way that this car was a steal at $95,000.00 Canadian! I looked at the guy and said, "but the interior looks like a piece of shit!"...and it did people! My God, I have never seen a more plastic looking interior in my life...I would have been worried if I was paying $60,000.00...but this thing was basically a cool $100,000.00! I may be wrong...but Chevy really missed the boat of this interior - or do they know something that I don't! I am sure the car goes like Jack the Bear, but you do live in the interior of the car...lol...seeing that mess reminds me of how fortunate I am to own an NSX!

Dam:cool:

The Z06 is a phenomenally engineered automobile. Unfortunately this does not extend to the interior.

My buddy recently bought a brand new Corvette - but he did not purchase the ZO6 model...so I went to the dealership to see what all the fuss was about the ZO6 - I was absolutley floored when I saw this car...the salesman came up to me immediately (having seen my 91 NSX parked outside his show room) and I said to him, "this car must run about $65,000.00 Canadian"...he responded in a rude way that this car was a steal at $95,000.00 Canadian! I looked at the guy and said, "but the interior looks like a piece of shit!"...and it did people! My God, I have never seen a more plastic looking interior in my life...I would have been worried if I was paying $60,000.00...but this thing was basically a cool $100,000.00! I may be wrong...but Chevy really missed the boat of this interior - or do they know something that I don't! I am sure the car goes like Jack the Bear, but you do live in the interior of the car...lol...seeing that mess reminds me of how fortunate I am to own an NSX!

Dam:cool:

Reminds me of about 5 years ago when I pulled in to check out a new Corvette and the dealership had half a row of them but the salesman was arrogant as all heck, and did not know anything about the difference between the normal C5 and the Z06, just that the Z06 was, '....really fast,' and that was it. Eventhough I was in a new 911 C4 Cabriolet, they would not let anyone test drive the Corvette. The salesman said, 'A real Corvette buyer does not have to drive the car first,' which I thought was really assumptive. I politely advised him that I was not about to hand him $55,000 for a car that I had never driven. Terrible experience.

Mitch, ran into the same thing w/ BMW. After I sold my first NSX, I went to a dealer because I was very interested in placing an order for a new M3. They didn't have one to test drive and made no effort to procure one, same with the 545i. Went to another BMW dealer, same thing. I asked them how they expect to sell a car that you can't test drive, they said that's how they do it and they sell plenty of cars. As I was calling around trying to find actual cars that could be test driven, I came home one day to find that the salesman from the first dealership had left me a very nasty msg. Apparently he thought he had closed the sale and was upset that I hadn't placed the order yet.
End of story? I finally found a 6spd and an SMG M3 to test drive, and was so incredibly glad I had driven them before commiting to buy one. Started looking for another NSX right after that.

Jon

I bet C6Z06 owners believe that our engine is worse than their interior.

The interior of that car is not its strong point, but what it does well more than makes up for it IMO.

I actually don't think the interior is that bad at all. Especially considering previous Corvette interiors - the C4 and C5 - which I'd consider just above Cavalier level.

That said, I'd still proudly rock a C6 Z06 or a C4 ZR-1.

what do you expect of the salesman? Its a Chevy dealer. They sell Cobalts.

The only dealership I have been to where I was impressed with the knowledge of the salesperson was at the Ferrari dealer, and the salesperson was a woman named Natalia... her father managed, her brother was a mechanic in the shop, and she was rev-matching with her high heel shoes. I am not joking.

The interior is very typical GM. (In my opinion, the General has never done interiors very well.) The Corvette owners that I know don't think there is anything wrong with it. If Honda had never made the NSX, I would consider getting a new ZO6.

The behavior of that salesman is typical of most of the car salesmen out there. Some of them behave that way just to piss you off... they think it's funny. Hence, the reason for the generally accepted reputation of the proverbial car salesman. Imagine the kind of person whom only aspires to be a car salesman.

I've had the opertunity to drive one... and yeah... it can be as plastic as it wants.

That's the most fun I've had in a car since I was on a learners permit. It just kept giving me more... know what I mean?

well it probably equates someowhat to when people moan about the cassette player in our car... i figure if the cassette is what kills the deal for you, you're not the kind of person they were thinking of when the cas was designed...

Yeah, ihave to look at the interior when i drive, but whats gonna get me in the showroom initially is the exterior looks and performance.

I sold my NSX about half a year ago and am on the wait list for a F430. Ends up I sold my '03 too soon as it looks like '08 is when my name will come up, if I'm lucky. So I just ordered a '07 C6 coupe to keep me happy in the meantime. I've had a '89 and '92 Vette before and I can tell you the Corvette has come a long way as far as quality goes. The interior still isn't to NSX standards but if you looked at a C4 or C5 Rubbermaid interiors the C6 looks actually acceptable, at least to me. I was looking at the many features the
C6 has that my '03 NSX didn't, such as Heads Up Display, Nav, keyless entry, homelink transmitter, trip computer, run flats, tire pressure warning system.
While I still like the exterior/interior styling of the NSX more, I think the number of features the C6 has sold me on the car for now. Also, having a V8 with 400hp and helping GM out doesn't hurt also.

I don't understand why people won't just spend $5-7 grand and put a killer custom interior in their c6z06 and be done with it! I hear the seats need to be swapped out too!

I don't understand why people won't just spend $5-7 grand and put a killer custom interior in their c6z06 and be done with it! I hear the seats need to be swapped out too!

because all you have then is cheezy plastic covered up with some non-factory leather and wood that will still never look right, surrounding a bunch of cheap switchgear. The problems are deeper than what a custom interior can solve. But you are right on the seats.

I do not know.....but if someone was talking to me about a product I represented and they said it, or a part of it, looked like shit, I might get a little defensive and perhaps the encounter would go down hill from there.

And, how impressed do you think he was with an NSX, really. Just because someone owns one, does not mean they are rich or qualified to buy anything else. Class transends whatever one drives or owns. Rather than expressing your opinon about the quality, or lack thereof, in the interior, maybe just appreciating the other aspects of this car would have been appropriate.

Trust me, I do not work for Chevrolet, nor do I aspire to own a Z06, but it is still one hell of a car for the dollar.

The closest car to a z06's in performance with an excellent interior would make 100,000 canadian seem like a worthy down payment at best.

ever see the inside of a ferrari?
and they're asking 200+ (and you know what? i'd pay it):tongue:

but i have to agree..... american cars for some reason have the cheapest looking interiors.... always makes me wonder what they are really comparing to when they make fun of honda interiors..... (and wtf people are talking about when they say the nsx interior is "accord-like") idiots.

Two pieces of advice:

(1) reserve opinion until after driving a Z06 &
(2) dont say offensive things and expect people to respond kindly.

I am not an American muscle or Corvette fan generally, being a CTSC NSX daily driver & loyalist, however the Z06 provides extraordinary bang for the buck.

I drove into the Chevy dealership with the NSX last summer and I gotta say I did not run into the attitudes you guys have. The salesman came outside when I parked and said...."I guess you're here to look at a truck". I laughed and explained that I wanted to test drive a new vette. At that point several of the other salespeople came outside and raved about the NSX.The salesman asked me which one I wanted to drive, copied my DL and got the keys.The interior wasn't all that bad...I just hated the feel of being in a powerboat cause the nose is pushed out so far in front of you compared to the NSX. Anyway the salesman asked me if I would mind to take him for a ride in the NSX which I did and then I thanked them for the test ride and left.

I guess it is just the attitudes at the dealership you go to. When I bought my Vette I wasn't there 5 minutes and the guy came out to the lot and had the keys in hand "lets take her for a ride". Just like that. Drove a Z06 and a standard C5 that day. Not all are jerks but most are uneducated as to what they are selling! That has always been my experience, I have never met or spoke to a salesman that knew JACKSH!T about what they were selling (except when I bought my F car...they knew all about it).

I sold my NSX about half a year ago and am on the wait list for a F430. Ends up I sold my '03 too soon as it looks like '08 is when my name will come up, if I'm lucky. So I just ordered a '07 C6 coupe to keep me happy in the meantime. I've had a '89 and '92 Vette before and I can tell you the Corvette has come a long way as far as quality goes. The interior still isn't to NSX standards but if you looked at a C4 or C5 Rubbermaid interiors the C6 looks actually acceptable, at least to me. I was looking at the many features the
C6 has that my '03 NSX didn't, such as Heads Up Display, Nav, keyless entry, homelink transmitter, trip computer, run flats, tire pressure warning system.
While I still like the exterior/interior styling of the NSX more, I think the number of features the C6 has sold me on the car for now. Also, having a V8 with 400hp and helping GM out doesn't hurt also.

Please explain why it matters to help GM out. Their problems are the results of at least two decades of mismanagement. They have no shortage of Vette buyers. If you feel some oblgation to support overpaid UAW workers and make up for decades of mismanagement you should buy a Pontiac or a Suburban. Buy a Vette (or any car) only on merit.

400HP is over rated.

even the SRT8 have 425 and they are slow as dogs. SRT10 is not much better. boosted all over our local SRT8 with it having a head start, single occupant vs me and my 300+lb beast of a man buddy in the passenger seat and running only 12lbs of boost.... when i would like to be doing 19 :D

guy dropped 40K thinking he got the baddest amercian muscle under 80K

speaking of bang for the buck. Get a beater nsx for 20K. Get a turbo kit for 8K. Have us install and tuned and have a 400 rwp NSX for 30k... now THATS BANG 4 the buck.

keep the nsx, add boost and out perform.

what do you expect of the salesman? Its a Chevy dealer. They sell Cobalts.

The only dealership I have been to where I was impressed with the knowledge of the salesperson was at the Ferrari dealer, and the salesperson was a woman named Natalia... her father managed, her brother was a mechanic in the shop, and she was rev-matching with her high heel shoes. I am not joking.

Wow thats amazing where did you find a girl like that?

speaking of bang for the buck. Get a beater nsx for 20K. Get a turbo kit for 8K. Have us install and tuned and have a 400 rwp NSX for 30k... now THATS BANG 4 the buck.

keep the nsx, add boost and out perform.

This is just an absurd comparison to make along a whole bunch of dimensions. New car vs. 15+ year old beater. OEM vs. aftermarket. $20k NSX's are salvage titled, so add salvage title vs. clear to the list. Expected large maintenence cost differential.

Even if you were going to go down the road of making those types of comparisons, and even if you were willing to get a salvage titled car, the NSX wouldn't be the best car to boost and maximize performance for the budget.

Back