• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ZTek Headers test fitting (LA area) + Group Buy, Want to particpate?

Dear All,
Got massage from Lance, he still work on this case and may needs two more weeks to release the problem / delivery. Anyway, I can wait three more weeks from now for my next track use. Hope, it is real or I have to buy another header with rush.
Henry

Just a heads up. If you want info on the headers give Lance a call on his cell/private number listed on post #146 (3rd page) and not their 866 number listed on their site. He returned my call quickly and from others comments will refund your money if desired. There isn't really any new information as of now other than it sounds like the shipment of headers is held up in Japan because of some customs issues (something to do with shipping large numbers of car parts?). No definites on delivery yet. I'm getting a little restless. :frown:

Last edited:
Has anyone had any kind of communication with Lance in the last week or so? I e-mailed and left a voicemail with Lance today and haven't heard back. Just wondering...

Thanks.

Another non-update for those who care or who are still waiting:

I just spoke to Lance, so at least I take (a little) comfort in knowing that he's still around and the company still exists.

Apparently some headers for 91s were released and shipped out (congrats if you're a lucky few). Unfortunately, I was on the list for a 97 and still continue to wait. No new updates/insights as to when they will be released.

For those who import/export, can customs or whatever authority really hold such shipments "indefinitely?" These were all supposed to be delivered in August, and it's now four months later. I just wonder if I'm waiting for naught...

Thanks,
Andrew

I am tracking the shipment for my '95 headers via FedEx. Looks like they should be here on Saturday. I'll post some pics as soon as they arrive.

I was this close to canceling my order a couple weeks ago. Glad I waited. They finally made it!
The tape on the box was rather aged and brittle as was the box itself so maybe they had indeed been sitting for some time waiting to go.
Hope the rest of you see yours soon. Lance talked like they had enough sets in to fill the remaining orders.

click to enlarge

They're going on the '95 on Monday. I'll post impressions after that (sorry - no dyno results).

MLmotorsport said:
I was this close to canceling my order a couple weeks ago. Glad I waited. They finally made it!
The tape on the box was rather aged and brittle as was the box itself so maybe they had indeed been sitting for some time waiting to go.
Hope the rest of you see yours soon. Lance talked like they had enough sets in to fill the remaining orders.

click to enlarge

They're going on the '95 on Monday. I'll post impressions after that (sorry - no dyno results).
They look great!!!:smile:

Sent mail to Lance/his office yesterday, still no reply. Supposed sent mine week ago as he promised three weeks ago. Still no idea of shipping cost and they told me will release and direct fly to me months ago.
I need my header for my trackday use on Jan. or I will abandon to purchase without it this time. We have a long long wait for it and think it could be out of the patience. Can someone doing business with more royally maner.....Or because I am already full paid that they don't care anymore????
Henry

Wow - the headers look beautiful, hopefully well worth the wait. So did you get them installed, can you post more of your initial thoughts, how do the welds look, etc?

Enjoy!

MLmotorsport said:

click to enlarge

Danny said:
Wow - the headers look beautiful, hopefully well worth the wait. So did you get them installed, can you post more of your initial thoughts, how do the welds look, etc?
Enjoy!

It depends - are you talking about the wait for the headers or the 9hrs I waited around at the shop during the install (don't get me started). I wasn't in a huge hurry for headers I was just tired of waiting. I guess they were worth the wait. It's hard to compare as my '92 has more mods and is a different animal altogether. Low end power seems much better (noww/out that "lag" when you hit the accelerator while in the low revs). The sound didn't change much if at all (only engine mods on this car ('95-T) are CC intake and now these headers). When listenting for it I noticed that the interior "sewing machine chatter" of the engine got a little louder in the cabin at cruising speeds.
A new issue is a nasty little vibration throughout the car between 1500 & 2500 rpms (my usual cruising revs :frown: ). Experts tell me that's probably due to the engine mount to the rear-beam bolt not installed perfectly (a common issue). It needs to be reinserted while the engine is running(?) so I'll look into that after the Holidays and report back.

The welds were pretty good I think. I'm not a good judge of welds. Were they perfect tear-drops all the way around - no - but to me a weld is a weld as long as it holds. :biggrin:

KooLaid said:
Dyno! Before and After! :biggrin:
I tried to schedule one before the headers went on but the shop couldn't fit me in and I needed to get this stuff done asap as I was going out of town. - sorry - but I tried!

Anyone else gotten their Ztek headers? Also, anyone with a 1997+ get them?

I'm about to ask my money back with interest (5% on $900 is a dinner at least!), but I keep telling myself I've already waited this long, it could come any day...

Totally should've cancelled this order and hopped onto the Cantrell header GB 6 months ago. Just kicking myself now.

Agree with you, as they promised two more weeks, now a month and still nothing happen.:mad:
Henry
Anyone else gotten their Ztek headers? Also, anyone with a 1997+ get them?

I'm about to ask my money back with interest (5% on $900 is a dinner at least!), but I keep telling myself I've already waited this long, it could come any day...

Totally should've cancelled this order and hopped onto the Cantrell header GB 6 months ago. Just kicking myself now.

I feel like any pleas are futile, but is anyone else paid and still waiting for these headers?

Even my 3+ month wait for my Advans is over and they've made it to my house all the way from Japan...

I was the first one to have these installed 3 months ago by Lance. It fit good and after a few 100 miles it sounds and feels much better than stock. Now Lance was suppose to do before and after Dyno on my car we never did. Have you guys meet Lance ?? He is a kid, very irresponsible, doesn't have any support after he sells you something. He is just bad bussiness. His product however is good. My car feels much better with these headers/exhaust and the Downforce scoop. If you can get your money back I would because this guy has no shame. I really didn't think he would take this long for the rest of you guys. If my money was still tied up in this 3-4 months later I would be going to his residence in Sac and to say hello and show him how I feel. :mad:

6 months?

Posted by Lance on 4/9
"Ok, our first set of headers will be made here in SoCal, so no customs or shipping delays. We are aiming to MSRP at $1200 for 95+ years and $1300 for 91-94 years. If we can get at least 5 sets, I am aiming to get the GB price around $740-825, depending on quantity, with these GB sets availible in 3-4 weeks from today."

That puts his original ship date quote at the beginning of May 2006.

My mistake--TEN months. :confused:

Lance wasn't good about answering his cell phone and e-mails. I ended up calling the company number every day until I got a hold of someone--"lucky" that it was Lance who picked up the phone.

I just encourage you to be persistent--difficult to get a hold of him/them but when you do, it was a relatively straightforward refund.

Good luck,
Andrew

Dear Andrew,
Lance just give me a massage that they will ship out my header tomorrow, also ask for the shipping charges. If that is real, I will pay it after received my goods and let you guys know.
Henry

Back