• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ZTek Headers test fitting (LA area) + Group Buy, Want to particpate?

1. Yaynsx -1991 nsx (also interested in high flow exhaust)
2. shinny930 (PAID)
3. Osiris_x11
4. Oyagi
5. lightguy-1991 nsx
6. Nihilation
7. 96GoldNSX
8. clr1024 (on price)
9. the0ne (awaiting pics, in the mkt.)
10. Veleno (QA/QC assurance)
11. CDX_NSX (price/quality/dyno) - '93
12. robr ('91) for original proprosed price of $740-$825.
13.Audiophile (04)
14. Wealthbuildr (1991)
15.TURBO2GO (2005) (PAID, deposit)
16. iasports (1994)
17. bizman (price) 1991
18. fcs1965 (1992)
19. nsxr097 (92)
20. Deylo (1991) (price)
21. dcam (1991) (price)
22. ibDursty (1995) Assuming most of the features that are listed above.. biggest is the O2 sensor harness
23. fcs1965
24. Splitz (quality, price, discount if exhaust is bought at same time?) 1995
25. NSX_Vu
26. DrVolkl (high flow cats and headers)
27. AU_NSX (91-94)
28. rherschberg (91 + O2 adapter) (assuming features mentioned, price and timing. may be interested in high flow cats based on price and timing as well.)
29.valenzul (92)
30. Lingyuan (91)
31. Mark (PAID)

I know there are others that have paid, please place "paid" next to your sn after paying, thanks!

I am still interested, but I did not see a committment on the timing (may have missed it in all the banter).

Also, I would like you to PM Dyno results. I agree that I'm not as concerned about a HP shift or two and totals are not going to be comparable anyway since other minor changes to the car also have effects. Howevver, verbal dyno is not what I would be able to accept. That is pretty much no dyno at all.

Lastly, your comment on fit has me a little confused. Why does it matter if we have after market cats/exhaust? If the aftermarket equiptment is a proper fit with stock manifolds, why would that change with your headers? Maybe I'm thinking too simple (a comon issue for me... :smile:), but of the fit from engine to cat is the same, its the same, right?

I'm local to the LA area and could be very flexible on getting fit, support, stop by to see the dyno live, etc. Also, local pickup... I just need to make sure I will be happy before I part with my much loved money....

Thanks

rherschberg said:
I am still interested, but I did not see a committment on the timing (may have missed it in all the banter).

Also, I would like you to PM Dyno results. I agree that I'm not as concerned about a HP shift or two and totals are not going to be comparable anyway since other minor changes to the car also have effects. Howevver, verbal dyno is not what I would be able to accept. That is pretty much no dyno at all.

Lastly, your comment on fit has me a little confused. Why does it matter if we have after market cats/exhaust? If the aftermarket equiptment is a proper fit with stock manifolds, why would that change with your headers? Maybe I'm thinking too simple (a comon issue for me... :smile:), but of the fit from engine to cat is the same, its the same, right?

I'm local to the LA area and could be very flexible on getting fit, support, stop by to see the dyno live, etc. Also, local pickup... I just need to make sure I will be happy before I part with my much loved money....

Thanks

With the 91-94 conversion over to ball and socket joints, the system on your car already is most likely designed to work with your flex joints, and may fit fine with the factory manifolds, since the flex joints can move a whole lot more than the ball and sockets, therefore usually with stock manifolds\ defects in an exhaust, cats, or both can be absorbed more easily by the "flexing" of a flex pipe. Also as your car ages, the piping for constant heating and cooling, expanding and contacting causes the metal to either slightly shrink, expand or deform ever so slightly in many different ways that to the naked eye is invisible. Also ball and sockets have no foward flex since they a qualified exhaust shop would have no problem installng them.

I would be happy to meet you in person and have you guys come out and watch the dyno live, feel free to give me a call.

ZTekExhaust said:
2. shinny930 (PAID)
3. Osiris_x11
4. Oyagi
5. lightguy-1991 nsx
6. Nihilation
7. 96GoldNSX
8. clr1024 (on price)
13.Audiophile (04)
14. Wealthbuildr (1991)
16. iasports (1994)
17. bizman (price) 1991
18. fcs1965 (1992)
19. nsxr097 (92)
20. Deylo (1991) (price)
21. dcam (1991) (price)
22. ibDursty (1995) Assuming most of the features that are listed above.. biggest is the O2 sensor harness
23. fcs1965
25. NSX_Vu
27. AU_NSX (91-94)
28. rherschberg (91 + O2 adapter) (assuming features mentioned, price and timing. may be interested in high flow cats based on price and timing as well.)
29.valenzul (92)
30. Lingyuan (91) paid usd825
31. Mark (PAID)

I know there are others that have paid, please place "paid" next to your sn after paying, thanks!
Estimate lead time please :smile:

Lance that 1-866 number you posted does not work.

Can you at least atest to the Ztek combo making the amount of power gains as the Cantreli Concepts headers w/a Comptech catback?
It's not like you'd be claiming a specific power output as we can all assume that any header/catback combo will make at least 15whp combined. Simply answer Y for Yes, N for No.

Did the Ztek header and catback combo make 20whp or more over stock with a cat?

If yes, was it a 3.0L 5-speed?

It's a start. If I don't see a dyno sheet or an answer to this before the GB ends I'll be spending the extra money on the nicer looking Cantell Concepts headers with proven dyno results. Thanks.

Last edited:
Will these be carb legal? Since I live in Cali, am I going to have issues getting smoged? If I need to pull these to get smoged, that alone pays the difference to one of the other brands...

Nihilation said:
Lance that 1-866 number you posted does not work.

Can you at least atest to the Ztek combo making the amount of power gains as the Cantreli Concepts headers w/a Comptech catback?
It's not like you'd be claiming a specific power output as we can all assume that any header/catback combo will make at least 15whp combined. Simply answer Y for Yes, N for No.

Did the Ztek header and catback combo make 20whp or more over stock with a cat?

If yes, was it a 3.0L 5-speed?

It's a start. If I don't see a dyno sheet or an answer to this before the GB ends I'll be spending the extra money on the nicer looking Canteli Concepts headers with proven dyno results. Thanks.

Y for yes. And looks wise, these header will be fully polished to a brilliant shine like all our other headers and will feature F1 merge collectors, the best type (and most costly to produce) of collector we have tested. The phone number is 1-866- ZERO-TEK (1-866-937-6835). You can also reach me direct at my cell: 916-717-8151

Our headers plus exhaust will out perform any headers plus a comptech. In every test run against the comptech, we had better results, and from flow testing the comptech exhaust had much more backpressure and weighs a lot more.

Yes, we were making consistant gains of around 20+ hp with the full system on an early model nsx 5-speed, much more with simple tuning (the AFRs showed power was to still gained).

These headers meet all the restrictions for the CARB EO, and should pass no problem, so long you keep up the normal matienance. Most smog shops shouldn't give you any trouble and don't bother to crawl un the car and check, but they will be CARB pending until we get the EO from the CARB.

Group Buy Closes Today at 12 midnight PST.

Last edited:
plunge...

2. shinny930 (PAID)
3. Osiris_x11: (1991) (Deposit PAID) *carb-legal!.!.!
4. Oyagi
5. lightguy-1991 nsx
6. Nihilation
7. 96GoldNSX
8. clr1024 (on price)
13.Audiophile (04)
14. Wealthbuildr (1991)
16. iasports (1994)
17. bizman (price) 1991
18. fcs1965 (1992)
19. nsxr097 (92)
20. Deylo (1991) (price)
21. dcam (1991) (price)
23. fcs1965
25. NSX_Vu
27. AU_NSX (91-94)
29.valenzul (92)
30. Lingyuan (91)
31. Mark (PAID)

Attention:

1.) "20hp+" is ZTek headers + aftermarket exhaust + OEM cats?
2.) High-Flow cats' benefit, in terms of dyno #'s?
3.) NA tuning for more power, pls. offer more insights!

2. shinny930 (PAID)
4. Oyagi
5. lightguy-1991 nsx
6. Nihilation
7. 96GoldNSX
8. clr1024 (on price)
13.Audiophile (04)
14. Wealthbuildr (1991)
16. iasports (1994)
17. bizman (price) 1991
18. fcs1965 (1992)
19. nsxr097 (92)
20. Deylo (1991) (price)
21. dcam (1991) (price)
23. fcs1965
25. NSX_Vu
27. AU_NSX (91-94)
28. rherschberg (91 + O2 adapter) (assuming features mentioned, price, CARB Legal and timing. Local Pickup. Delivery in 3-5 weeks from July 4th) (PAID)
29.valenzul (92)
30. Lingyuan (91)
31. Mark (PAID)

Attention:
1.) "20hp+" is ZTek headers + aftermarket exhaust + OEM cats?
2.) High-Flow cats' benefit, in terms of dyno #'s?
3.) NA tuning for more power, pls. offer more insights!

I am removing myself from the list because of my documented concerns above...

I am going with the another header system group buy instead

rherschberg said:
2. shinny930 (PAID)
4. Oyagi
5. lightguy-1991 nsx
6. Nihilation
7. 96GoldNSX
8. clr1024 (on price)
13.Audiophile (04)
14. Wealthbuildr (1991)
16. iasports (1994)
17. bizman (price) 1991
18. fcs1965 (1992)
19. nsxr097 (92)
20. Deylo (1991) (price)
21. dcam (1991) (price)
23. fcs1965
25. NSX_Vu
27. AU_NSX (91-94) REMOVED
28. rherschberg (91 + O2 adapter) (assuming features mentioned, price, CARB Legal and timing. Local Pickup. Delivery in 3-5 weeks from July 4th) (PAID)
29.valenzul (92)
30. Lingyuan (91)
31. Mark (PAID)

Last edited:
I have removed myself from the list, I managed to have my broken Comptech header repaired for $75 at a weld shop. Of course now one cat is welded on, but that beats the crap out of $900 + labor.

2. shinny930 (PAID)
4. Oyagi
5. lightguy-1991 nsx
6. Nihilation
7. 96GoldNSX
8. clr1024 (on price)
12.Audiophile (04)
13. Wealthbuildr (1991)
14.TURBO2GO (2005) (PAID, deposit)
15. iasports (1994)
16. bizman (price) 1991
17. fcs1965 (1992)
18. nsxr097 (92)
19. Deylo (1991) (price)
20. dcam (1991) (price)
21. ibDursty (1995) Assuming most of the features that are listed above.. biggest is the O2 sensor harness
22. fcs1965
23. Splitz (quality, price, discount if exhaust is bought at same time?) 1995
24. NSX_Vu
25. DrVolkl (high flow cats and headers)
26. AU_NSX (91-94) REMOVED
27. rherschberg (91 + O2 adapter) (assuming features mentioned, price, CARB Legal and timing. Local Pickup. Delivery in 3-5 weeks from July 4th) (PAID)
28.valenzul (92)
29. Lingyuan (91)
30. Mark (PAID)

BTW, I think its pretty sh!tty to put links to another header system in this Vendors thread. No class at all. One would think an upper end car would attract upper end people. Apparently not the case.

lightguy said:
BTW, I think its pretty sh!tty to put links to another header system in this Vendors thread. No class at all. One would think an upper end car would attract upper end people. Apparently not the case.

Lightguy, calm down:confused: ...AU_NSX was at least being honest with you and all the fellow header group buyers.

I too was going to go with Ztek headers:wink:for the price mainly:wink:, but it seems he is rather backed up. All AU_NSX did, is let you know of ALL your options out there. It's not like he posted PUBLICLY, "HEY LOOK EVERYONE, YOU SHOULD GO WITH CANTRELL!" He posted it, if YOU WANT to view it, and YOU WANT to change your mind, then YOU go for it.

And besides Will Cantrell has 20 sets ready to ship now. AND HE HAS BEEN MAKING CUSTOM NSX PARTS FOR YEARS!!!

I AM NOT SAYING ANYTHING IS WRONG WITH ZTEK, just hard to turn down a guy who is known for his work in the community...(I mean come on Science of Speed is going to sell Cantrell's header right along side their own...competition:eek:) and Cantrell has the supply availability for the demand!

Just my .02

:smile:

I don't get it. Lance has already posted pictures. If someone is saying there are no pics, they need to read the whole thread. He didn't give an exact delivery date because he does not know what years everyone's cars are and promised the date once he got that info. Pretty reasonable request.

As for dyno #'s I really don't know what the big deal is. I think all reasonably designed headers will yield about the same, and he has already informed us of the type of collectors and parts he is using. I don't know what magic thing some people are expecting. I don't put that much faith in the numbers anyway when its tested on a different car than mine, with a different exhaust than mine, on a particular day with a particular ambient temp at a different elevation on a particular dyno that has a decent margin of error. What matters is build quality and what you are paying for it.

Lance gives a 30 day money back guarantee than no one else gives and comes in at the stated price he said he would give... some complain about the price then the same people decide that the Cantrell at a higher price is somehow better and post a link to the other thread on Lance's thread.

Lets say Lance is making $200 on an $800 header... I don't think its much more than this, if this. If 20 people actually come through and pay, he makes $4000. To go through all this R&D, spend 6 months of his time, and make this is really more a benefit to members than anything. He is not getting rich off this.

Why he is getting a hard time here I do not understand at all. If you want a well designed reasonably priced header, this is the one. If you don't like it when you get it, send it back and get your money back. But don't hold the guy up when he is trying to get this done for you.

Is there some way a moderator can step in here and delete the competitors link and btco82's ad ?
I dont know Lance.
I do have his exhaust and its alot of bang for the buck.
I also run my own business and dont appreciate competitors tieing their products to my advertising efforts.
Just courtesy.

lightguy said:
I also run my own business and dont appreciate competitors tieing their products to my advertising efforts.
Just courtesy.

Lud may choose to take some action if he sees fit, however you also need to be clear with your posts. It isn't Will Cantrell that has posted on this thread, just other users (purchasers unaffiliated with Cantrell) who have now decided to go with his product. Will is an upstanding guy and contributor to the NSX community for many years, so make sure your post is accurate too. Right now it appears that you are inaccurately implying he's trying to steal business in this case. I'm sure it was a simple misunderstanding or typo on your part.

FWIW, I agree that people shouldn't advertise in/hijack a vendors thread, although some references typically are made through comparisons, etc. FYI - I already have headers and no interest in either product right now, just been following along with the developments of both new products.

lightguy said:
Is there some way a moderator can step in here and delete the competitors link and btco82's ad ?
I dont know Lance.
I do have his exhaust and its alot of bang for the buck.
Just courtesy

If someone has PAID to advertise their product then I would agree with you...

This is a community and not a commercial advertising site so we should be able to discuss things openly with our other community members... I believe this should include competitors products...

Now, I also have had a ZTEK exhaust...

However, I am concerned that the actual progress of these headers has been misrepresented...

So I wanted to highlight to fellow NSX Prime members that there is an alternative group buy where the headers have actually been made and tested...

I am only highlighting a CHOICE... That's all...

Removed from list.

2. shinny930 (PAID)
4. Oyagi
5. lightguy-1991 nsx
6. Nihilation
7. 96GoldNSX
8. clr1024 (on price)
11.Audiophile (04)
12. Wealthbuildr (1991)
13.TURBO2GO (2005) (PAID, deposit)
14. iasports (1994)
15. bizman (price) 1991
16. fcs1965 (1992)
17. nsxr097 (92)
18. Deylo (1991) (price)
19. dcam (1991) (price)
20. ibDursty (1995) Assuming most of the features that are listed above.. biggest is the O2 sensor harness
21. fcs1965
22. Splitz (quality, price, discount if exhaust is bought at same time?) 1995
23. NSX_Vu
24. DrVolkl (high flow cats and headers)
25. AU_NSX (91-94) REMOVED
26. rherschberg (91 + O2 adapter) (assuming features mentioned, price, CARB Legal and timing. Local Pickup. Delivery in 3-5 weeks from July 4th) (PAID)
27.valenzul (92)
28. Lingyuan (91)
29. Mark (PAID)

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7
AU_NSX said:
So I wanted to highlight to fellow NSX Prime members that there is an alternative group buy where the headers have actually been made and tested...

I am only highlighting a CHOICE... That's all...

Perhaps we should start a new thread, this may not be the place to dicuss this... but the other choice is at a significantly higher price. Thats OK, if it is also significantly better. But I am not sure it is any better at all. So if you know something we do not, I for one certainly appreciate input. And if we can start a different thread outside this one and discuss the merits of each and do some real comparison, that would be nice. In fact I will start the thread myself. Please give your input. Thread is here:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72882

Last edited:
CDX_NSX said:
Removed from list.

2. shinny930 (PAID)
4. Oyagi
5. lightguy-1991 nsx
6. Nihilation
7. 96GoldNSX
8. clr1024 (on price)
11.Audiophile (04)
12. Wealthbuildr (1991)
14. iasports (1994)
15. bizman (price) 1991
16. fcs1965 (1992)
17. nsxr097 (92)
18. Deylo (1991) (price)
19. dcam (1991) (price)
20. ibDursty (1995) Assuming most of the features that are listed above.. biggest is the O2 sensor harness
21. fcs1965
23. NSX_Vu
25. AU_NSX (91-94) REMOVED
26. rherschberg (91 + O2 adapter) (assuming features mentioned, price, CARB Legal and timing. Local Pickup. Delivery in 3-5 weeks from July 4th) (PAID)
27.valenzul (92)
28. Lingyuan (91)(paid 825)
29. Mark (PAID)

Please estimate delivery time. Have you received my Bank draft?
Thanks

Lance,
What is the latest status on the GB? My Last info was that we would have something in 3-5 weeks from July 4th when the deposts were made. 2 weeks have passed. are we still on schedule for shippment in 1-3 weeks from Today? Please keep us posted....

2. shinny930 (PAID)
4. Oyagi
5. lightguy-1991 nsx
6. Nihilation
7. 96GoldNSX
8. clr1024 (on price)
11.Audiophile (04)
12. Wealthbuildr (1991)
14. iasports (1994)
15. bizman (price) 1991
16. fcs1965 (1992)
17. nsxr097 (92)
18. Deylo (1991) (price)
19. dcam (1991) (price)
21. fcs1965
23. NSX_Vu
25. rherschberg (91 + O2 adapter) (assuming features mentioned, price, CARB Legal and timing. Local Pickup. Delivery in 3-5 weeks from July 4th) (PAID)
26.valenzul (92)
27. Lingyuan (91)
28. Mark (PAID)
29. MLmotorsport ('95) (PAID)

Only 6 paid out of 29? That's weak. Anyone else paid but not changed their status?

Basix...

MLmotorsport said:
Only 6 paid out of 29? That's weak.

Many individuals have some trebidation/hesitancy w/o actual images or pics and a hard-copy of a dyno-sheet outlining the overall performance. This is a reasonable response when $850-$950 is involved, not including installation efforts & labor.

I based my trust and patronage off the affirmation of the Porsche 911 and BMW communities towards the ZTek exhaust/headers fabricated for their particular applications.

For those who are contemplating amongst various choices/specials available, indeed I too was in a similar disposition. I decided to go down to the basics, core-fundamentals. When it comes to a finely-tuned, high-performance, precision crafted machine such as the NSX, minor tweaks & micro-adjustments for the sake of nascent or marginal gain isn't apt to the greater whole.

Also, a quick survey of the current & past NSX-specific headers/exhaust-manifolds should bring a prospective buyer upto speed on what to look for in a particular offering, and what hallmarks/characteristics of it's design & construction go towards optimal performance.

- selection of materials & fabrication: manufacture alloy grade stainless steel, welds, bends/seams
- design/flow-dynamics: equal length primary tubes, merge-collectors
- quality: durable ball-socket joint, polished finished
- application: compatible for '91-'94, '95-'96, '97-'01, '02-'05 models, carb compliant
- value: '91-94 $875/shipped, '95-'05 $845/shipped ($200-off other header/exhaust manifold system's special pricing & $400-$500-off regularly priced systems), 100% money-back gurantee

Based off that, I was able to make a relatively well-informed & confident decision.

If there wasn't this ZTek offering & GB, what would I have pursued?

I was keen towards the SOS-system, but CARB-legal is a requirement for my setup. I'd either have chosen the offering by B&B or the '97+ DC_Sports & purchased SOS-header adapters (it eliminates the problematic flex-joint of their '91-'94 header-design... since I have a '91 NSX).

However, I still have my questions regarding ZTek's system...

* Exact alloy of stainless steel used?
* 20rwhp 'low' side of anticipated gain or it's the max'/peak to be expected?
* Clearer/insightful DIY-tutorial/schematic of 02-sensor extension & plug/bung procedure?
* Firm delivery time? {"Haste makes waste." and "Try to please everyone, you please no one"... so just lay it on us!}

In a trite reprise, if all that has been previously stated is to be fulfilled... you can't go wrong w/ these header/exhaust-manifolds at this particular time, period.

Nota Bene: I have no affiliation w/ ZTek nor any compensatory gain for my insights. though I would appreciate a ZTek T-shirt in 'L', black preferred. ;)

Back