• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ZTek Headers test fitting (LA area) + Group Buy, Want to particpate?

1. Yaynsx
2. shinny930
3. Osiris_x11
4. Oyagi
5. lightguy
6. Nihilation
7. 96GoldNSX
8. clr1024 (on price)
9. the0ne (awaiting pics, in the mkt.)
10. Veleno (QA/QC assurance)
11. CDX_NSX (price/quality/dyno) - '93
12. robr ('91) for original proprosed price of $740-$825.
13.Audiophile (04)
14. Wealthbuildr (1991)
15.TURBO2GO (2005)
16. iasports (1994)
17. bizman (price)
18. fcs1965 (1992)
19. nsxr097 (92)
20. Deylo (1991) (price)
21. dcam (1991) (price)
22. ibDursty (1995) Assuming most of the features that are listed above.. biggest is the O2 sensor harness
23. fcs1965
24. Splitz (quality, price, discount if exhaust is bought at same time?) 1995
25. NSX_Vu[/quote]
26. DrVolkl (high flow cats and headers)
27. AU_NSX (91-94)
28. rherschberg (91 + O2 adapter) (assuming features mentioned, price and timing. may be interested in high flow cats based on price and timing as well.)

1. Yaynsx -1991 nsx (also interested in high flow exhaust)
2. shinny930
3. Osiris_x11
4. Oyagi
5. lightguy-1991 nsx
6. Nihilation
7. 96GoldNSX
8. clr1024 (on price)
13.Audiophile (04)
14. Wealthbuildr (1991)
15.TURBO2GO (2005)
16. iasports (1994)
17. bizman (price)
18. fcs1965 (1992)
19. nsxr097 (92)
20. Deylo (1991) (price)
21. dcam (1991) (price)
22. ibDursty (1995) Assuming most of the features that are listed above.. biggest is the O2 sensor harness
23. fcs1965
25. NSX_Vu[/quote]
27. AU_NSX (91-94)
28. rherschberg (91 + O2 adapter) (assuming features mentioned, price and timing. may be interested in high flow cats based on price and timing as well.)

yaynsx said:
2. shinny930
3. Osiris_x11
4. Oyagi
5. lightguy-1991 nsx
6. Nihilation
7. 96GoldNSX
8. clr1024 (on price)
13.Audiophile (04)
14. Wealthbuildr (1991)
15.TURBO2GO (2005)
16. iasports (1994)
17. bizman (price) 1991
18. fcs1965 (1992)
19. nsxr097 (92)
20. Deylo (1991) (price)
21. dcam (1991) (price)
23. fcs1965
25. NSX_Vu
27. AU_NSX (91-94)
35.[/QUOTE]

btcog82 said:
when you say ball joint fittings etc...does that mean you made them like the SOS headers?

is it too late for the gb?

Actually they are "like" or exactly the same as OEM Honda/Acura Ball and sockets using OEM style hardware and gaskets.

Please sign your name on the list and make deposit asap to be included in the GB.

Last edited:
bizman said:
27. AU_NSX (91-94)
29. valenzul (92)
[/QUOTE]

Ok, looks like a little more than half of the those signed up have the year accurate, so lets hurry so we can get the ball rolling. Also when sending the $500 deposit via paypal, also please include the year of your car and if you are interested in either the o2 sensor adaptors or ver.2 exhaust too.

Only those members who pay the deposit will be confirmed for the GB and the LAST DAY TO SIGN UP AND MAKE PAYMENT WILL BE 4th of JULY. PLEASE place the "(paid)" next to you sn on the list as soon as you make the deposit to signify you are setup. paypal: [email protected] phone: 1-866-Zero-Tek.

ZTekExhaust said:
Only those members who pay the deposit will be confirmed for the GB and the LAST DAY TO SIGN UP AND MAKE PAYMENT WILL BE 4th of JULY...

Will you have a PRODUCTION prototype ready for inspection by NSXPrime members and will that PRODUCTION prototype be tested for fitment and proven hp gains on an NSX Prime member's car by the 4th July?

I bring to your attention your very first post....

ZTekExhaust said:
Hey all,

This is Lance at ZTek and we are developing headers that will pair perfectly with our exhaust or the stock NSX exhaust. I need 2 more cars for test fitting, dyno testing, and design. If you have a 95-99 NSX and are in the Los Angeles area, and would like to participate please give us a call at 1-866-935-6835 and ask for Lance and we'll get setup.

Oh yea, if your one of the lucky ones to get to me first, you'll get 50% off the GB price when they go into production. (below cost)

All info regarding our header development will be in this thread, so subscribe and check back often to hear the latest info, pics, vids, and new dyno sheets.

And so far we have seen:...

Test fitting: No

Dyno Testing: No

Design: No

Pics: No

Videos: No

Dyno Sheets: No

Deposit required: 63% of purchase price...

Hmmmm....

Last edited:
Im with AU_NSX. I have no problems putting a deposit down on these headers, but I would like to see the items he listed before I do so.

From Tommy Boy:
Tommy: Let's think about this for a sec, Ted, why would somebody put a guarantee on a box? Hmmm, very interesting.
Ted Nelson, Customer: Go on, I'm listening.
Tommy: Here's the way I see it, Ted. guy puts a fancy guarantee on a box 'cause he wants you to fell all warm and toasty inside.
Ted Nelson, Customer: Yeah, makes a man feel good.
Tommy: 'Course it does. Why shouldn't it? Ya figure you put that little box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right, Ted?
Ted Nelson, Customer: What's your point?
Tommy: The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy, well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser and your daughter's knocked up, I seen it a hundred times.
Ted Nelson, Customer: But why do they put a guarantee on the box?
Tommy: Because they know all they solda ya was a guaranteed piece of shit. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.

$950 after shipping is a lot more than I thought it would be with 25+ people on a GB for an unproven/new product, so I think I am going to hold off for now as I was going to have to sit on them for a bit anyway before installing them, either have a chance or taking them to a shop. So much for hoping:frown:

And so far we have seen:...

Test fitting: YES! (I had mentioned before that the fitting is fine with OEM equipped cars but for cars that have other aftermarket exhausts or aftermarket cats or cat delete pipes, make sure to have it installed at a professional exhaust shop, because one or both of the flanges may need to be adjusted slightly to work with your setup)

Dyno Testing: YES (We cannot publish the sheets online but if you want to give me a call at 916-717-8151 I you can ask any questions you like, and I can help you).

Design: Yes (I had already published a pic)

Pics: Yes

Videos: No (Videos of exhaust, yes, but headers alone, no, you will not even be able to hear the difference in a sound clip

Dyno Sheets: For confidentiality AND legal reasons we cannot publish UNTIL THE HEADERS HAVE BEEN RELEASED TO THE PUBLIC.

GUARANTEE: YES!

Last edited:
goldNSX said:
What are the after-GB prices?

For those who want to wait and don't want to save a boatload of $$, by all means, you can do so. Just remove your name from the list, in order to be fair to those others who have paid and waiting four your response.

You are more than welcome to purchase after the GB, MSRP will be $1499 and $1399 respectively after the GB.

splitz said:
Im with AU_NSX. I have no problems putting a deposit down on these headers, but I would like to see the items he listed before I do so.

From Tommy Boy:
Tommy: Let's think about this for a sec, Ted, why would somebody put a guarantee on a box? Hmmm, very interesting.
Ted Nelson, Customer: Go on, I'm listening.
Tommy: Here's the way I see it, Ted. guy puts a fancy guarantee on a box 'cause he wants you to fell all warm and toasty inside.
Ted Nelson, Customer: Yeah, makes a man feel good.
Tommy: 'Course it does. Why shouldn't it? Ya figure you put that little box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right, Ted?
Ted Nelson, Customer: What's your point?
Tommy: The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy, well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser and your daughter's knocked up, I seen it a hundred times.
Ted Nelson, Customer: But why do they put a guarantee on the box?
Tommy: Because they know all they solda ya was a guaranteed piece of shit. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.

Those that have purchased from us before and those who participated know what I mean by 100% guarantee. I have already even paid out $$ of my own pocket to cover damages.

Last edited:
ZTekExhaust said:
Those that have purchased from us before and those who participated know what I mean by 100% guarantee. I have already even paid out $$ of my own pocket to cover damages.

Just wanted to add something here that I was part of the GB2 on the exhaust, I received it, it was defective, but Lance was very prompt to my post once he was aware of it and refunded my money 100% with out hesitation. He did stand behind his guarantee. I know the header situation is a little different, but just wanted to post to let yall know he does follow through.

bizman said:
27. AU_NSX (91-94)
29.valenzul (92)
30. Lingyuan (91)
[/QUOTE]

Those that haven't made payment or a deposit (both fully refundable) please do so asap I will be at a family gathering on the 4th and don't want to spend the whole time taking payments. =) Thanks!

Also, please mark paid next to your name if you have made payment and delete your name if you no longer wish to participate in the GB.

2. shinny930 (PAID)
3. Osiris_x11
4. Oyagi
5. lightguy-1991 nsx
6. Nihilation
7. 96GoldNSX
8. clr1024 (on price)
13.Audiophile (04)
14. Wealthbuildr (1991)
15.TURBO2GO (2005)
16. iasports (1994)
17. bizman (price) 1991
18. fcs1965 (1992)
19. nsxr097 (92)
20. Deylo (1991) (price)
21. dcam (1991) (price)
23. fcs1965
25. NSX_Vu
27. AU_NSX (91-94)
29.valenzul (92)
30. Lingyuan (91)
31. Mark (PAID)

ZTekExhaust said:
Dyno Testing: YES (We cannot publish the sheets online but if you want to give me a call at 916-717-8151 I you can ask any questions you like, and I can help you).

Dyno Sheets: For confidentiality reasons we cannot publish until the exhaust has been released into the public.

GUARANTEE: YES!

I guess I don't understand these "confidentiality reasons". Since when was a dyno sheet confidential? My patients charts are confidential, and I could still post them if I blocked out all the personal information.

Take me off the list for now, I'd rather pay full price for something great than half price for shit.

DrVolkl said:
I guess I don't understand these "confidentiality reasons". Since when was a dyno sheet confidential? My patients charts are confidential, and I could still post them if I blocked out all the personal information.

Take me off the list for now, I'd rather pay full price for something great than half price for shit.

We have many dyno sheets from the testing, tuning and r&d for our different designs, and we cannot release these to the public. BUT we will be releasing final published dyno sheets when the headers ship from a THIRD PARTY DYNO, for more accurate and unbiased results.

No problem, you can wait, but I guarantee that our headers will surpass expectations, espically on performance since these headers will be the first in this price range to offer F1 merge collectors, previously only available for custom one-off or racing headers more than 3 times the price.

ZTekExhaust said:
We have many dyno sheets from the testing, tuning and r&d for our different designs, and we cannot release these to the public. BUT we will be releasing final published dyno sheets when the headers ship from a THIRD PARTY DYNO, for more accurate and unbiased results.

I don't understand your decision NOT to publish a dyno BEFORE (stock) and a dyno AFTER (with header). The dyno may show too much hp on every car but it should be reliable enough to measure a GAIN. If this is the not the case then it's the wrong dyno anyway. Nobody will hold you responsible if the advantage is 11 or 13 than 12 hp. And nobody will hold you responsible if the ABSOLUTE level of power is lower than promissed. I think what you could expect of a header on first priority is the power GAIN an not the ABSOLUTE power LEVEL because the second is determined by the conditions and the variances between engines.
What I also don't understand is the difference between the prices, GB versus Non-GB. As for the Non-GB I would definitly go with a Taitec or SOS.
Please don't take me wrong, I think you do a good job. But let us know some more infos on it.

goldNSX said:
I don't understand your decision NOT to publish a dyno BEFORE (stock) and a dyno AFTER (with header). The dyno may show too much hp on every car but it should be reliable enough to measure a GAIN. If this is the not the case then it's the wrong dyno anyway. Nobody will hold you responsible if the advantage is 11 or 13 than 12 hp. And nobody will hold you responsible if the ABSOLUTE level of power is lower than promissed. I think what you could expect of a header on first priority is the power GAIN an not the ABSOLUTE power LEVEL because the second is determined by the conditions and the variances between engines.
What I also don't understand is the difference between the prices, GB versus Non-GB. As for the Non-GB I would definitly go with a Taitec or SOS.
Please don't take me wrong, I think you do a good job. But let us know some more infos on it.

Its just that for legal reasons we cannot publish dyno's from r&d there were many different designs dynoed (we designed this header to obtain noticable gains with both modified and stock cars), and I can only publish a dyno sheet after the product has been released into the public. I want to publish every dyno sheet I get my hands on just because of the sheer happiness I get when reading them, but I'd lose my job and I wouldn't be able to run these GB production runs as the discounts that I do.

I can give my personal guarantee that you will 120% satisfied with the performance gains, and you all know about our 100% money back guarantee for any reason, performance or otherwise, if the ZTek headers don't absolutly meet your standards I'll buy them back.

The GB-prices I can only get because of the GB-quantity, otherwise for lower quantities, we would actually be losing money at those prices. And I don't know any company out there letting you install headers on you car and allowing for 100% purchase price buyback for any reason AND a LIFETIME warranty at the same time.

Back