• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ZTek Headers test fitting (LA area) + Group Buy, Want to particpate?

Re: progress...

Osiris_x11 said:
I just got some updates...

I called ZeroTek Motorsports (linkie mo'fos!) & spoke w/ Jamie 916-715-8664. According to some print-out/invoices he checked, approx. 10 units are en'route to US and will arrive mid' August. To see whom they were allocated for, I had him check for my name which he found for one of the invoices (payment via PayPal).

Lance & the ZTek crew had been away/vacation for about 1 week.

If/when I receive my ZTek headers/exhaust-manifolds, I plan to install them & dyno' my NSX A.S.A.P.

For reference: my '91 5spd. NA1 dyno'd 240rwhp a year or so ago, bone-stock (K&N filter only) & stock 15/16 wheels w/ OEM Yoko A022-H's.

Now I have AIS-scoop (still K&N filter) and Taitec JGTC Parallel exhaust w/ 17/17 wheels (slightly lighter than OEM wheels) and OEM-sized Goodyear F1 GS-D3 tires. I also will dyno before & after swapping a NA1 NSX-R Mugen ECU-chip (presumably same as '95 Lemans NSX!). I hope to have my Scooby-Doo antenna mod' functioning by then... :D

That's all I have, for now. Regards... :cool:

Hey guys, sorry i haven't been here lately. I've been on vacation out at Collins Lake for the last week and a half, but I'm back and working hard.

Since we have a less than anticipated sign up and many late payers, the production had to be paused and recalculated to compensate for the lack of quantity. And to be honest, I had to forgoe my own salary to get enough quantity for the production run, and we may end up only breaking even on the deal if no one returns. I will also HONOR the 25+ quantity price and not include the percentage surcharge. In lieu of this, I will open up some of the headers we had designated for wholesale, to be purchased at the GB price, so if you are still interested give me a call at 916-717-8151.

PS - I strongly stand behind our 100% money back guarantee, and there hasn't been one instant that I haven't followed through on that promise, check with some fellow Prime members that have received refunds.

Last edited:
Any word? We shoudl be about 1 week away from delivery, right?

VTEC w/ ZTek...

ZTekExhaust,

To expedite things for those of us who have made deposits of $500, when do we make the remaining payment? (ie. to make sure delivery time isn't lengthened on account of a balance-remaining) :confused:

Any updates/comments about the 'carb-legal status?

{!} Please also post a DIY or simple schematic of the 02 sensor lengthening procedure for the headers/exhaust-manifolds on the '91-94 application.

Don't worry about the GB list, etc'. I'm quite confident the units will fly, so to speak... once a dyno' report is available and real-life comments/experiences are posted. People are still interested in the ZTek headers/exhaust-manifolds, just silently observing. You guys will do just fine, trust me... :cool:

Oh ya I think Z-tek will be a great new company who will make good products for a tiny bit le$$. But I can't wait for the high flow cats and the dual tips. Thats next on my list. Lance are the test pipes done or still in works?? May be you can give us a relative time table when it might be ready so I can save $ for it.

Re: VTEC w/ ZTek...

For those who made deposits full payment will be taken anytime between now and before they ship out. If you haven't made full payment yet, we will hold your headers until the full payment is made.

Thanks!

yaynsx said:
Oh ya I think Z-tek will be a great new company who will make good products for a tiny bit le$$. But I can't wait for the high flow cats and the dual tips. Thats next on my list. Lance are the test pipes done or still in works?? May be you can give us a relative time table when it might be ready so I can save $ for it.

dual tips sample is here! I am looking for a test fit car in Sacramento this time, and high flow cats are still in the works (we've been testing a number of cell core combos for best match to the nsx). Test pipes and high flows are in the works, could be ready anytime from 4-12 weeks depending on how the testing goes.

Attachments

• ztek-quad-nsx.jpg
    ztek-quad-nsx.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 535
Last edited:

ZTekExhaust said:
For those who made deposits full payment will be taken anytime between now and before they ship out. If you haven't made full payment yet, we will hold your headers until the full payment is made.

Thanks!

Do you think they will ship out in the next week? My order was paid in full as of 7/14.

Hey Lance You can probably use my car I am not too far from Sacramento. How long would you need it for?? ALso put me down for the test car for the high flow cats/test pipes. I have a 1991 with 39k miles.

Dear Lance,
Have you got my PM about the delivery/destination address? Still owe you the shipping cost but have no reply from you on the quote, any update? or progress on the header?
Henry

Not that it matters anymore, but for matter of record, I just sent full payment for headers.

TOTAL = $905
Headers for 1997 NSX - $795
Long O2 Extension Wires - $60
Shipping - $50

Thanks.

ZTekExhaust said:

Thanks!
Dear Lance,
What going on? Have you received PM of my address? I paid 825 already, you going to hold the shipping or what? I can Paypal you the balance of shipping but you did'nt reply the quote???:confused:
Any of us have any update of our headers?
Henry (LingYuan)

LingYuan said:
Any of us have any update of our headers?

Maybe he's on vacation again. Try giving him a call. If you get ahold of him please post your findings. How long 'til it's too late to dispute MC charges? :frown:

Hey,

I know I haven't been online in a while, its just that I do a lot of traveling and business all over CA and don't always have a steady internet connection. But the wait is going to all worthwhile and the headers turned out better than I expected.

Feel free to call me anytime. No worries though, and as I promised many of you over the phone, here are the FINAL pics! AND can I say they look absolutely awesome!! Check out those F1 one-piece merge collectors, a feature no other header in the NSX market anywhere near these prices can offer.

Attachments

• ztek-headers-final.jpg
    ztek-headers-final.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 451

ZTekExhaust said:
Hey,

I know I haven't been online in a while, its just that I do a lot of traveling and business all over CA and don't always have a steady internet connection. But the wait is going to all worthwhile and the headers turned out better than I expected.

Feel free to call me anytime. No worries though, and as I promised many of you over the phone, here are the FINAL pics! AND can I say they look absolutely awesome!! Check out those F1 one-piece merge collectors, a feature no other header in the NSX market anywhere near these prices can offer.
Dear Lance,
It looks great. Received the quote from yours, thanks. But still wait for your delivery date confirmation to complete the deal.
Thanks
HenryWong (LingYuan)

Lance,
When are you expecting to ship the ZTek Headers ?
You recently billed my credit card for the purchase of your new headers and sent me message that they will be shipped out mid August.
I left phone messages but haven't received a call back from you on what is going on.
Please post a response so my fellow NSX owners will know what's going on with this GB.
Thanks
Steve

Has ANYONE received their headers from Ztek? My credit card has also been charged, but I simply got an e-mail from the company saying "We will ship it as soon as we get it."

I have an e-mail into Lance requesting an update on timing and will pass on anything I hear.

I sure am glad I didn't jump on this one. I assume Ztek will eventually ship them, but taking money for a product (to help finance the manufacture of the product) is BS. It's an interest free loan. If you can't afford to manufacture the product yourself and don't have them ready to ship when you start taking orders, then don't take the money. If you need to protect yourself to figure out how many orders you will actually have, then take a non-refundable $100 deposit or something. Ztek has probably violated their merchant account policy by charging and not shipping. More info here:
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/credit/billed.htm

robr said:
I sure am glad I didn't jump on this one. I assume Ztek will eventually ship them, but taking money for a product (to help finance the manufacture of the product) is BS. It's an interest free loan. If you can't afford to manufacture the product yourself and don't have them ready to ship when you start taking orders, then don't take the money. If you need to protect yourself to figure out how many orders you will actually have, then take a non-refundable $100 deposit or something. Ztek has probably violated their merchant account policy by charging and not shipping. More info here:
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/credit/billed.htm

:wink: Sure glad I stuck with Cantrell, most all of us have already received our headers...

Last edited:
what to say...

I'm awaiting my ZTek headers, as are a few other NSX owners & Group Buy participants.

I can't say that I'm apathetic that I didn't get Cantrell Headers; Carb-legal is major issue for me. And a few design/aero-space engineers that are also in the group-buy stated to myself via emails that the ZTek headers incorporated certain features that are not present on headers costing 3-4x nor any current special offerings.

Yes, communication & dialogue could've been better w/ ZTek towards this Group Buy and in particular: this thread.

It's very myopic to think that ZTek used Group-Buy money to finance this NSX header production line, lol. ZTek does more business in a month than SOS, Dali, SWR, and Downforce do all year... combined!?! :eek: Yes, that is true.

No, I have no partnership or patronage w/ ZTek. In'fact, I'm not even getting extended 02 sensor/wires included w/ the headers... :frown: However, I like to help keep the record straight, and prevent assumptions from becoming conclusions.

All I can say is... customs or delayed freight-shipment (ZTek saw renewed interest & wanted to ship all the headers from SE_Asia at once, whether or not they were already fabricated/packed and awaiting shipping) are more than likely the reason of the no ZTek headers in my garage, lol.

Re: what to say...

Osiris_x11 said:
Carb-legal is major issue for me. And a few design/aero-space engineers that are also in the group-buy stated to myself via emails that the ZTek headers incorporated certain features that are not present on headers costing 3-4x nor any current special offerings.

If the photo of the ZTek Headers is the finished product (which is still all we have till now is a photo!) then:

1. There is nothing special or unique about the merge collector that is used on the ZTek headers. It is no better or worse than the other headers on the market.

2. The headers are not "tuned length" as each of the primaries are having different lengths.

This is why you would normally wait to see a production version, and not commit to a purchase based on sales garb alone.

attachment.php

Hey guys. I e-mailed Lance this afternoon and got a response this evening. Apparently, the headers were scheduled to be delivered to Ztek on 8/24. However, only two sample sets were sent due to customs clearance. Those who paid before 7/4 deadline will be receiving theirs first.

I have paid in full but did so after 7/4. I hope I get some kind of priority though since my credit card has already been charged.

Re: what to say...

Osiris_x11 said:
It's very myopic to think that ZTek used Group-Buy money to finance this NSX header production line, lol. ZTek does more business in a month than SOS, Dali, SWR, and Downforce do all year... combined!?! :eek: Yes, that is true.

I don't know that it's myopic, rather just inferences I got from this thread about the size of ZTek as a company. I obviously had no idea they were that large, and that being the case, they certainly should not be charging full price up front for a product they don't have in their hands (and wasn't even made) when they started asking for $$$.

:biggrin:
lightguy said:
What a Tool !
Your Avatar is perfect.

Yep, maybe so...BUT a "tool" with headers!:wink: :biggrin: :wink: :biggrin: :wink: :biggrin: :wink: :biggrin: :wink: :biggrin: :wink: :biggrin: :wink: :biggrin: :wink: :biggrin: :wink: :biggrin:Where's yours?

Oh, thats right you don't know:biggrin: :wink: :biggrin: :wink: :biggrin: :wink: :biggrin: :wink: :biggrin: :wink:

Originally Posted by btcog82
Yep, maybe so...BUT a "tool" with headers! Where's yours?
Oh, thats right you don't know
btcog82 Dude you have no life WHAT A LOSER
You have nothing better to do than this? its a shame. Get off your computer and go enjoy your headers and may be get AHEAD OR get some head. Why waste time on this thread. What a idiot laughing at fellow members bad luck and delays in shipping .:mad: You are not helping anyone Sarge. You are definetly a useless tool :smile: :cool: :biggrin:

Back