• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

02+ What color combo and why?

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but what's your favorite color for the 02+ NSX, interior and exterior?

I am currently in the market, and am 99% sure I am going to pull the trigger once I see it in person. I am not going to tell what the color combo is, I want unbiased opinions. (I'm still gonna buy what I want:biggrin:)

I am currently on my 4th and have had a
92 white/black, 95 black/black, 92 red/black, 95 black/black for sale.

I am trying to stay away from red and black because I have already had those, I would love white, but I know "needle in a haystack"...ok let's hear it.:smile:

(If anyone wants to chime in, what an 02-05 should be worth with lite mods, wheels, exhaust and miles around 30k go ahead.)

If you have the fun bucks - the one I'd buy if cash was not an option (and it always is for me) - I'd buy Hothondas car - it's at a dealer and I'm sure it's still there cause it has a 75k price tag on it: white on white - the most rare combo ever made - and it has around 10k miles on it. Write Hothonda and you can get the info. A big tip for those that have lots of available cash for probably the most rare one out there right now!

Otherwise I like red/tan too - but Silver on Silver is really nice.

If you have the fun bucks - the one I'd buy if cash was not an option (and it always is for me) - I'd buy Hothondas car - it's at a dealer and I'm sure it's still there cause it has a 75k price tag on it: white on white - the most rare combo ever made - and it has around 10k miles on it. Write Hothonda and you can get the info. A big tip for those that have lots of available cash for probably the most rare one out there right now! Otherwise I like red/tan too - but Silver on Silver is really nice.

This one is actually white with tan interior. It looks white in the pictures, but I went and looked at it already.

I agree. Hothonda's NSX that is at the dealership is probably one of the nicest white NSXs out there. It sounds like a well kept, no stories 02+.

If you have the fun bucks - the one I'd buy if cash was not an option (and it always is for me) - I'd buy Hothondas car - it's at a dealer and I'm sure it's still there cause it has a 75k price tag on it: white on white - the most rare combo ever made - and it has around 10k miles on it. Write Hothonda and you can get the info. A big tip for those that have lots of available cash for probably the most rare one out there right now!

I wish I had unlimited funds, but Im looking to spend in the 40's. The 02+s have come down a lot and I know I have to strike now. I've found quite a few with good records, no accidents, etc and some seller's really wanting to negotiate.

If I wanted to be homeless I guess I could buy the white/tan. :biggrin: It looks amazing!

I would go with the black with the red interior. My next choice would be the blue on blue combo.

If the car not going to have new repaint I would go with LBBP or the new Pearl Orange.

I would go with the black with the red interior. My next choice would be the blue on blue combo.

Black on red! I would def do that, but haven't seen one for sale.:frown:

yellow/yellow I'm a little bias

please don't post price if you pay less than 50K my wife will kill me :biggrin:

yellow/yellow I'm a little bias

please don't post price if you pay less than 50K my wife will kill me :biggrin:

I'll PM you when the deal is done...don't tell her.

Dont get black/black....... Its my color lol. J/k j/k. I wish i could have got black/red. There was a white/white around but it was 10k more than i spent on mine so i went with mine despite me being the 5th owner lol. Red i get pulled over too much silver is cool but if its 02+ get a color like blue or orange that only 02+'s come in.

blue and black has always been my favorite the white on white would be second "unicorns" the only problem with the unicorns would be keeping it clean I could see that being a real headache

Last edited:
If you haven't owned a LBBP on blue or onyx, you haven't really lived at all...:biggrin:

If you haven't owned a LBBP on blue or onyx, you haven't really lived at all...:biggrin:

I better get busy living then! I found a blue/tan in my range, but I've always liked black interiors.
In the end I'm going with whatever one is the best deal year considering year (02-05) mods, mileage and service history. This ain't easy!:eek:

Dont get black/black....... Its my color lol. J/k j/k. I wish i could have got black/red. There was a white/white around but it was 10k more than i spent on mine so i went with mine despite me being the 5th owner lol. Red i get pulled over too much silver is cool but if its 02+ get a color like blue or orange that only 02+'s come in.

I was kind of thinking the same thing, I want a color that was only on 02+. I think I've narrowed this to blue, orange or yellow (yea I know yellow came out in 97, but I think it shows the lines well)

I think Imola orange and LBBP are definitely the most striking and beautiful looking colors. At first I wasn't crazy about them when looking at photos, but they are stunning in person. I think they also look great with black wheels to help offset the bright color.

I chose silverstone because for my own car I prefer to have more of an understated classic look that draws less attention. Plus, it's the easiest color to keep looking clean.

I always like the onyx/black interior w/ window tint so that I don't feel like I'm in a bright fish bowl with everyone looking in.

It's hard to buy a nice sports car without drawing attention though...

I've read all the posts so far, but I think red in the 02+ is highly under rated.

Red 02+ all the way. It definately has a different look about it than pop ups and from what I see, not many members have 02+ in red. I think in the long run, it's the color you will least regret.

I like black exterior the best with those bug eyes. Black 02+ with an NSX-R scooped hood and spoiler looks really hot IMO.

I kick around the idea of doing a conversion on mine all the time. But that's a lot of money that could instead be applied to an actual 02+ model.

Silver/silver.

My interior:
10.jpg

My exterior:
900107616_TRLrw-XL.jpg

SICK! But not a lot of luck finding one in the 40's.:frown:

You probably won't find one in the 40's, atleast not for a few years. To get something really unique in great shape, you're going to have to pay. I would expect it to be in the 50-60k range.

For $75k, I'd go buy a used Ferrari 360. Love that white 05 unicorn, but not as much as I love a "regular" 360.

For $75k, I'd go buy a used Ferrari 360. Love that white 05 unicorn, but not as much as I love a "regular" 360.

Gimme a break, used 360's in general suck, unless you are buying the 04 Stradale! If you start comparing $$$, you can find a F430 in the $130k range but it's definitely not rare. Do a search on Ebay and you will find a ton.

White NSX's between 04/05, you have a total of 9 cars. I wouldn't even entertain anything under $90k for mine.

Back