• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2003 NSX from Atlanta, Jim Ellis Dealership VIN JH4NA21643T000019

Hi, i'm new to the site. I just bought a 2003, Red NSX. I bought it from Jim Ellis Porcshe in Atlanta GA. I am wondering if anyone knows the previous owner or has any information about it's history. It has purple colored lowering springs and a custom made cat back exhaust. Also i think the clutch/flywheel have been replaced due to it's feel. The glove box is signed with NSXPO 2006 under it. I owned a 2004 Silver previously and always regretted selling it. Anyway, thanks in advance for any info you have, Scott D.
VIN JH4NA21643T000019

Last edited:
Yeah, it was a good deal. The whole front of the car is 3M invisabra-ed. The paint and body are nearly perfect but it needs some mechanical work. I want to put the factory springs back, rides too rough. The clutch chatters a bit leading me to believe it is not oem. I'll end up putting that back as well. Blinkers don't cancel. 3rd gear grinds. Lots of rattles under the dash. Anyway, i'm a Honda Tech so most of the work should be easy. The price was right.
They basically wholesaled it out to get rid of it. Thanks for the message...Scott

Last edited:
I know of one person that had/has an 02+ Red one that lived up there. I don't know if he still has it or not.
He was at XPO 06 so it is possible that it was his and he traded it.

I don't know the car, but the signature is probably that of Mr. Shigeru Uehara, Executive Chief Engineer, Honda R&D Co. :smile:

Welcome back to NSX, Scott. Personally, was hoping the new owner of this 2003 NSX was on/gonna be on Prime. Best o luck w/the niggling issues and many happy drives!

The 2004 you peddled... was it silverstone w/silver interior or onyx interior?

Glad you got that car - I wondered who bought it. A guy I know here in Atlanta looked at it. Glad you got it at that price!

So I'm curious - how are you going to deal with the crunching 3rd gear syncro? Wouldn't think that would be an easy fix. Hope it works out well for you - it's nice looking. I can sure understand changing out the springs - that was one of the first things I did when I bought mine - got rid of the Eibachs cause they lowered it too much for Atlanta driving and the steep driveways around town and it was too harsh a ride for me. I like the OEM springs they are plenty stiff enough for me.

Happy trails! Congratulations!

Glad you got that car - I wondered who bought it. A guy I know here in Atlanta looked at it. Glad you got it at that price!

So I'm curious - how are you going to deal with the crunching 3rd gear syncro? Wouldn't think that would be an easy fix. Hope it works out well for you - it's nice looking. I can sure understand changing out the springs - that was one of the first things I did when I bought mine - got rid of the Eibachs cause they lowered it too much for Atlanta driving and the steep driveways around town and it was too harsh a ride for me. I like the OEM springs they are plenty stiff enough for me.

Happy trails! Congratulations!

Hello, I'm the guy that Tim is referring to -- I looked at that NSX at Ellis about a month and a half ago. It had been on their lot for a few weeks prior to me getting to see it. The clear bra covers 2/3 of the car, very nice job with that. The paintwork itself was really good, I remember some flaking on the driver's mirror. One of the things that struck me most about that particular car was the front lip was EXTREMELY close to the ground. There were also comments made on this board about the gap in the rear tire well between the tire top and the body. You're right ... Ellis kept dropping the price on that car with at least 3 trips to Ebay. I'm glad you were able to get it at your price and I'm glad you posted here -- I was wondering what happened to it. Sounds like it's in great hands with a Honda guy.

BTW - I'm not the one responsible for the 3rd gear crunch - I never took it for a test drive! :wink:

Back