• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2010 Super GT Honda NSX Confirmed

Minkara

p1.jpg

p2.jpg

p3.jpg

p4.jpg

http://carview-img02.bmcdn.jp/minkara/photo/000/001/812/314/1812314/p5.jpg

That thing sounds like a beast too!!!

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/12/28/video-more-honda-hsv-010-track-action-from-suzuka/

VIDEO: More Honda HSV-010 track action from Suzuka

by Damon Lavrinc (RSS feed) on Dec 28th 2009 at 8:00PM
<!-- sphereit start -->
<small>Honda HSV-010 testing at Suzuka - Click above for high-res image gallery</small>

If you didn't get enough of last night's video and image onslaught of the Honda HSV-010 testing at Suzuka, we've got 20 more minutes of high-revving, carbon fiber cloaked SuperGT hotness below the fold.

Although Honda hasn't released any more details on its new GT500-bound racer, last week's open testing session had its fair share of lens-wielding onlookers, so we've included two more videos and a handful of high-res images to the gallery below. Make the jump to get another earful of the awesome 3.4-liter V8 shrieking down the straights and exploding out of the corners, but save your pleas to Honda to bring the HSV as the next NSX... it's ain't happening.

Gallery: Honda HSV-010 Spy Shots at Suzuka

<object height="365" width="620">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lCqY-vAX4EA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="365" width="620">http://www.youtube.com/v/lCqY-vAX4EA&hl=en_US&fs=1&</object><object height="365" width="620">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CXfdGLbPcyI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="365" width="620">http://www.youtube.com/v/CXfdGLbPcyI&hl=en_US&fs=1&</object>

<!-- sphereit end -->
Filed under: Motorsports, Japan, Acura, Honda, Racing

I love the way both sound at full song!!! @ 1:23 in the second video!

Update

Honda today dropped official details and additional high-res photos of its new HSV-10 GT race car, which will compete in the GT500 class of the 2010 Super GT Series.

Power comes from a 3.4L V8 making 500-hp with a maximum torque of 289 lb-ft. It is mated to a Ricardo sequential gearbox with steering wheel paddle shifters.

Makes us wish even more that the Honda / Acura NSX was a real production car.

Honda HSV-10 GT:

PHP:
Press Release:
    Honda HSV-010 GT: Specifications and performance characteristics
Dimensions, weight     Length × Width × Height (m)     4.675 × 2.000 × (not disclosed)
Wheelbase (m)     2.700
Vehicle weight (kg)     1,100 or more
Engine     Engine name     HR10EG
Configuration     Liquid-cooled, naturally aspirated, longitudinal V8
V angle (°)     90
Valve train     Gear-driven DOHC: 2 intake and 2 exhaust valves per cylinder
Displacement (cm3)     3,397
Bore × stroke (mm)     93.0 × 62.5
Compression ratio     (Not disclosed)
Maximum output (kW[PS])     370 (500) or more
Maximum torque(N·m[kg·m])     392 (40.0) or more
Throttle control system     Mechanical
Fuel supply system     Programmed fuel injection system (Honda PGM-FI)
Fuel     Lead-free premium gasoline
Lubrication     Dry sump
Powertrain, running system     Transmission mechanism     Constant mesh
Transmission shifting method     Steering paddle shifter
Steering system mechanism     Rack and pinion system with electric power steering (EPS)
Tires(Front·Rear)     330/40R18 ·330/45R17
Brake type and mechanism     Hydraulic ventilated disc system
Suspension system     Double wishbone
Stabilizer     Torsion bar

God damn, that looks very great. I hope Honda will come out with the street version in 2-3 years. We need that on the road! It looks all the way better than the R8 and all those new edge designed sports cars :)

I hope this thing gets into production lol. It just looks so bad ass I might just set my sights to the new NSX replacement vs the old if it comes out with those looks.

Isn't it kind of funny though. Now that Honda has basically shown this supposedly race only version of their latest efforts on the ceased production model people are basically loving it, when previously people were basically hating on it.

Last edited:
Man, I need a hi-res of that thing for wallpaper.

All that said, I doubt this thing would have looked as aggressive, appealing, and attractive considering Honda's recent design direction.

Its definatly crazy looking, but THIS is Japan's second supercar? I mean I love the NSX as much as the next person, but its got those horribly disgusting headlamps. Why did this trend continue? The ropelighting. Its started with Audi and the Porsches and its infecting lots of cars on the road. They shoulda made the HSC back in 2006 if ya ask me.

...the exhaust does look like a cannon though...

Guys......ITS A SUPER GT CAR!!!
Most of the stuff like the exhaust, fenders, wings etc wouldnt be on the production car. If they did make this thing for production, u wouldnt see it looking like this on showroom floors.

Strip away the race fenders, racing lowered hood, and the damn thing looks like the same ugly shit many were all bitching about.

Any production version of this car will still be ugly.

Guys......ITS A SUPER GT CAR!!!
Most of the stuff like the exhaust, fenders, wings etc wouldnt be on the production car. If they did make this thing for production, u wouldnt see it looking like this on showroom floors.

Now that we see the race version.....that was actually the most accurate rendition sketch

The production version will look like this:

One minor point is the rear side window, I think the actual car looks better. :smile:

But as I said when I first saw this rendeing, it will do me fine - not as a replacement for the NSX, but certainly as Honda's next "halo" car. Especially when mated to the SH-AWD drive train. Sigh!

Its definatly crazy looking, but THIS is Japan's second supercar? I mean I love the NSX as much as the next person, but its got those horribly disgusting headlamps. Why did this trend continue? The ropelighting. Its started with Audi and the Porsches and its infecting lots of cars on the road. They shoulda made the HSC back in 2006 if ya ask me.

...the exhaust does look like a cannon though...

rope lighting? There isn't anything of the sort on this car.... :rolleyes::confused:

and no it doesn't look anything like an Audi

By rope lighting do you mean like the headlights on this pic? I was never a big fan of LEDs & have often heard to them referred to as Xmas lights but never thought that till the new Audi headlights. This pic is not too bad bc @ least they are in a str8 line:

honda_2010_super-gt_car_16.jpg

Last edited:
This one maybe Raybrig. Notice the blue LEDs. The other HSV has no LED.
pic02.jpg

By rope lighting do you mean like the headlights on this pic? I was never a big fan of LEDs & have often heard to them referred to as Xmas lights but never thought that till the new Audi headlights. This pic is not too bad bc @ least they are in a str8 line:

honda_2010_super-gt_car_16.jpg

Last edited:
I disagreed, you actually could pick up the wheels color and which wheels they used for the team.

I bet the gold wheels and HondaRacing sticker is the SuperBacs team. (could be the takata team but then there's a red sticker and no takata cars don't have red sticker on them, usually green and yellow)

The one with Dunlop tires is Epson.

the one with black TE37 is Raybrid.

We'll see.

I wonder if the front end could be duplicated on the NSX? The sides and rear is still growing on me......

Back