• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2017 NC1 transmission fault NEED HELP!

Hello everyone,

i am new to here, my NC1 having transmission fault , Fault code : P287c Transmission Adaptive value Not learned

i cant complete gear learn synchronizing (tcm refuse to the command)

car only have 4000km mileage,
feel like clutch slip on 1st gear,

anyone ever encounter this issue?

appreciate if someone know how to solve this issue?

I cannot help you specifically on the trans, but I would recommend you do a reset on your cars ECU by unplugging the 12 volt battery and waiting around 10 minutes before reconnecting the cable. Thus may clear the reason for the code. If not, I would recommend you take it in to a Acura dealer and let them investigate. You will need to find a dealer that has a qualified NC1 tech. Let us know what happens. Did this code come out of the blue or were you driving the car hard?

I tried looking up the code, and there are several different reasons why this code could have been thrown. First unless you have a quality scanner I would not put a lot of faith into what is reported. Also interpreting the code again requires some expertise. With such low mileage, I question that the trans is slipping. It is possible but unlikely. Again reset the computer as I suggested above and see how the car drives.

Only issue with clearing codes is the dealer can't help you without it...

Disconnecting the battery will not erase the code if it is a hard set. My limited experience with the car suggests that codes can be set for completely unrelated issues. Think about how many times codes have been set due to the 12 volt accessory battery reporting low voltage. My Acura link reported three warnings when I was playing with the 12 volt battery. One was a low oil pressure warning. Another one was engine related. So resetting the ECU may clear things up for this owner. Worst case nothing changes and the Poster should take the car in to a dealer with a NC1 trained tech. The drive train warranty is probably still in force as it goes 6 years and 70,000 miles. I think the guy is covered. Doc, your new 2022 NC1 is after all the same car as all the previous NC1s thus far less the small changes made for the Type S.

I wasn't even talking specifically about NC1...I have cleared codes on other OBD2 cars and the dealer could not replicate or solve issue until it recurred that is all

Yes correct, if you clear the code, then they are no longer available. The dealer tech cannot just take your word. So if you are experiencing problems then you want to have the hard codes available. Having said that, often the dealer will note the code and attempt to clarify what the problem is. Sometimes the code is not specific enough or the component is found to be functional. Often the tech will clear the code to see if it resets. I can recall an airbag code on one of my compliance cars hard coding. It took three additional visits before they were able to identify the specific airbag (passenger seat).

Our cars are known to code because of a low voltage signal from the 12 volt battery. The only way to determine if it is an issue is to disconnect the battery and then reconnect, making sure the battery is providing a 12/13 volt signal. This issue comes up often on the Second Generation Facebook Group page. On NSXPrime there are but a few NC1 owners.

Once you get your car you will most likely experience this issue. I recently had my fuel gage stop reporting the addition of fuel. It continued to move towards empty as I drove the car but would not register any fill ups. I finally tried disconnecting the battery. That fixed the issue

thanks I'll keep that in mind

I ordered the factory tender as well..

I ordered the factory tender as well..

I think they are great to have. You may also want to purchase an extension that allows you to run a direct connection to the battery and then out to the front of the car where ever that might be convenient. Otherwise you will be either lowering your passenger window to fit the charger cord or you will open the passenger door and connect then close the door on the wire. For me I did not have access to that side. So having access from the front was really nice. The connectors are the same as the manufacturer makes them all. Amazon is a good place to buy. Anyway I bet you are excited about getting your car.

I was thinking about software and software glitches. I saw this post this morning from the TESLA Forum. I just recently purchased a Mod X and already it is going to download operational software that will impact everything. Here is one poster who had the issue of his left head light coming on and refusing to turn off following the update (50 Megs)

I learned a trick a while back that has saved me on several occasions related to funky software issues on my Tesla Model S that would not be resolved by rebooting the car either via the steering column or power reset from the control console.
Following a software update, Spotify channels stopped working but Slacker channels worked just fine
All was fine before the update and I knew that this was caused either directly or indirectly by the update. Tesla had no idea and all I could do was open a trouble ticket and hope and pray being frustrated that I knew it was a software issue and waiting the next release.
I read that resetting the tire size configuration causes a much lower level software reset and fixed many many strange software related issues not fixed by regular reboots. I went to the console - service - wheel configuration - reset from 19-21 inches and a reboot occurred. Once the car was back online. voila....Spotify began to work as usual for the first time in weeks. I again reset wheel configuration to 19 inches and rebooted all was back to normal.

"Following another software update, my navigation screen in satellite mode showed black multi inch rectangles in specific locations that would not disappear and were always in the same locations. Again only way to fix this was the tire resize trick...voila problem solved.

This week I updated to version 2022.12.3.16 and immediately after I was back online, my steering wheel controls became unresponsive or working intermittently at best. Rebooting did nothing and Tesla wanted to get the car for service and order a control part for the steering console. I advised this was a result of the software update but they wanted me to schedule service and replace the module. I decided to try the resize wheel configuration trick and again voila....the controls came back and all is well again.
Keep this trick in your pocket as it is a life saver

( would love for someone to explain what this actually does...curious)"

Here is what one guy suggested as the reason: "It is obvious, all the electronics go through the rubber on the Tesla tires (I know - weird routing but ensures there are no shorts in the tunneling). When you change the tire size, it re-aligns the electrical tunnels- thereby re-establishing your services"

Go figure our software future!
yH5BAEAAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAIBRAA7
yH5BAEAAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAIBRAA7

What is the link to the facebook page? I'm not on facebook. Maybe a reason to join...
Just do a search for "second generation nsx owners group" and it will point you in the right direction. You will have to apply to join and show proof of ownership. I use facebook just for a few groups and pages, and ignore the rest.

Just do a search for "second generation nsx owners group" and it will point you in the right direction. You will have to apply to join and show proof of ownership. I use facebook just for a few groups and pages, and ignore the rest.

Thank you! I'm have a couple of projects planned for my car later this summer (swapping rotors and installing downpipes), so I'm certain I'll draw on the expertise of the FB group!

dealer did the software diagnostic and software updated, and the clutch slip feel still happen when coming to a junction.
cluch slip feel only happen when running on motor , but when on ev mode the drive is normal.

any recommended nsx tech we can send to?

dealer did the software diagnostic and software updated, and the clutch slip feel still happen when coming to a junction.
cluch slip feel only happen when running on motor , but when on ev mode the drive is normal.

any recommended nsx tech we can send to?

Where are you located?

Hi Rekco,
Has your NSX transmission problem been solved? Why did you have to do "gear learn synchronizing"?
Do you have access to the HONDA HDS tool?

Back