• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

215-35-18. The choices just get shorter.

I'm sure it's been discussed but my search got me nowhere so I apologize in advance if it has. Apparently I missed it.
Is there a list of tires in the 215-35-18 tires that you guys prefer to run? Preferably summer tires.
Much thanks in advance.

I have a virgin set of Nitto 555- 215/35/18 with only 500 miles on them. I'd let go for super cheap. [MENTION=17722]davidf[/MENTION], just buy some Michelin pss already! I just recently swapped to KW V3 and there is zero fender rubbing. Granted, my fenders aren't laying on the tires, but I do not like the car super low. I love the Michelins! I basically set my whole entire suspension around them, they are that good....

FWIW, I actually size my tires first and then figure out my wheel situation later for all my cars now. I want PSS's on all my street cars. Such an amazing tire.It makes me feel like superman
Agreed. These tires kick ass! Especially for us 18/19 folks.

Finally got around to ordering the PSS's. I had no idea this particular size Michelin is a Tire Rack exclusive. My local Discount tire can't even get a part number for them. I was hoping they could beat the TR price.

FWIW, I actually size my tires first and then figure out my wheel situation later for all my cars now. I want PSS's on all my street cars. Such an amazing tire.It makes me feel like superman

The PSS's only work well for the first year if you are in a cold climate. I've had to resort to removing PSS's in the past when ambient temperature dropped below 50F. If you store them in cold weather (i.e. below 50F), then they harden up, and also if you keep them more than a year. Might not be an issue for your area or how you drive the car.

It's like most Michelin tires actually, but these go bad quicker. Don't get me wrong - I keep (newer) Michelins on most of my cars. For the first 1.5-2 years, nothing else beats them IMO.

Dave

The PSS's only work well for the first year if you are in a cold climate. I've had to resort to removing PSS's in the past when ambient temperature dropped below 50F. If you store them in cold weather (i.e. below 50F), then they harden up, and also if you keep them more than a year. Might not be an issue for your area or how you drive the car.

It's like most Michelin tires actually, but these go bad quicker. Don't get me wrong - I keep (newer) Michelins on most of my cars. For the first 1.5-2 years, nothing else beats them IMO.

Dave

I live in Southeast Texas where it's hot humid even sometimes in the winter, so these should be quite happy here. :wink:

Back