• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

22 Years Ago this Month May 2013

Happy Birthday ! ! !

NSX22BDay.jpg

My NSX hand assembly was completed by Honda's finest.

Formula Red/Black NA1, #2585
Manufactured May 1991 (5/91), Sold New out of Niello Acura on 6/21/1991. Mileage at purchase: 30
Niello Acura, 4609 Madison Ave, Sacramento, CA 95841

(Cake photo credit goes to Jundap Zanus posted on NSX Prime FB page.)

Last edited:
Cool Mine is number 2525 born 4/91 - 30 cars before yours...that's funny though because I thought the first run they started with red, then black, then silver - but then again that might have been in 1990, not 91 like ours. I wonder how far back the US imports go back as far as when they are made? Are there any US cars hat were built in 90 and sold as 91's? I know the car was released in Japan in 90-wonder if the very first to go on sale were made in 89 and sold as 90 in Japan?

Anyway, thats a nice cake - next year you should get two of them and place them at an angle to look more like a C30!

Cool Mine is number 2525 born 4/91 - 30 cars before yours...that's funny though because I thought the first run they started with red, then black, then silver - but then again that might have been in 1990, not 91 like ours. I wonder how far back the US imports go back as far as when they are made? Are there any US cars hat were built in 90 and sold as 91's? I know the car was released in Japan in 90-wonder if the very first to go on sale were made in 89 and sold as 90 in Japan?

I'm not sure about all your questions. What is really crazy is that I believe Nukem told me that his car is one away from mine. I can't remember if it was before or after, but he lives in the same area as I do. I'm not sure where his Red/Black 91 was first sold. I'm guessing elsewhere in the states. I believe he purchased it in Illinois. I purchased mine in Reno, NV, and it had spent most of it's life in CA and the Sparks, Reno, NV area. Until I purchased it in March of 08 and drove it to Omaha.

I didn't realize that was a cake! Amazing work.

As far as dates, mine is #649 09/1990 and sold as a '91 for the states. I was under the impression most 91's were built in 1990, but I could be wrong. Unfortunately I'm the 2nd owner so I don't have any further details on the initial purchase. I could only imagine balloons were released and confetti fell from the sky as the vehicle exited the container ship and first stepped onto US soil.

I didn't realize that was a cake! Amazing work.

As far as dates, mine is #649 09/1990 and sold as a '91 for the states. I was under the impression most 91's were built in 1990, but I could be wrong. Unfortunately I'm the 2nd owner so I don't have any further details on the initial purchase. I could only imagine balloons were released and confetti fell from the sky as the vehicle exited the container ship and first stepped onto US soil.
I have the original Japanese build sheet, pacific coast shipping docket, Window sticker, Dealer bill of sale. I purchased from the original owner who kept everything, plus found some paper work (build sheet) under the passenger seat.
Mine is #732 Original build sheet shows completed 13-Sept-1990. Port of Entry Long Beach CA. Original Bill of Sale purchased 08-Nov-1990, but delivery was not until 02-Jan-1991. According to the original owner, Acura was not able to deliver before 01-Jan-1991. Original owner paid $23k over LIST PRICE.
Build sheet:
View attachment 101237

Last edited:
Well my NSX is #2586 does that mean our NSX's share the same B-day? Made right after RBilder's I forgot where mine was first sold. I think it was Florida. I have it in the paperworks.

Last edited:
Nukem, I would guess our NSX's were rolled around the plant next to each other. It is amazing that our cars are 2858 & 2586 and if yours sold new in FL and mine in CA, opposite ends of the USA, that some 17 to 22 years later they end up landing in the middle of the USA in the same location is pretty crazy.

Thanks for your service and hurry up and get home, so you can be home with your wife and get back into your NSX :smile:

That's sweet, where can I order one?

Bryan

Happy Birthday ! ! !

View attachment 100783

My NSX hand assembly was completed by Honda's finest.

Formula Red/Black NA1, #2585
Manufactured May 1991 (5/91), Sold New out of Niello Acura on 6/21/1991. Mileage at purchase: 30
Niello Acura, 4609 Madison Ave, Sacramento, CA 95841

(Cake photo credit goes to Jundap Zanus posted on NSX Prime FB page.)

Tks Warren .. mine was apparently built on April '91 same as SlipAngle79 although 127 cars earlier .. can't tell you how many times I've looked at that sticker and didn't notice the build date.

You have an 8 in the the most significant digit as it is a Canadian car, so I am not sure how the sequence works for that.

Back