• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

350Z Vs NSX

There is more to a car that just numbers in a magazine.

The NSX needs a make-over for a near $100K car. However, it is still light years in front of cars under $50,000.00 today.

The double wishbone suspension is awesome. Great road feel, easy to get out of trouble and rock solid at high speed. Just plain easy to drive.

If you are going for "Bang for the Buck" there is only one choice....Corvette C7

400hp....96g....so much torque you can feel the car twist.

Jin, your a perfect example. You want a car for the "Style and perception that others will have of you when you are seen in it". That's all I'm saying. People that say there is more to the NSX than numbers yada yada yada. That's your reason for owning one, right? The "look at me" "I"m different" factor, right or wrong?

Jasil...when you say "yada yada yada"...is it because you know the pitch or because you believe it isnt true?

I liked the fact it looked like an exotic but didnt have the crazy maintenance as a true exotic. So it was a factor for me as well.

If the NSX came out today the magazines would all give rave reviews. The fact that after 15 years the car is even in contention with new cars says alot.

I can't speak for anyone else, but the allure of the NSX for me is how it makes *me* feel when *I* look at it. I don't give a damn what anyone else thinks about it or what they think about me. The first couple weeks I did kind of goof on watching other people look at my car on the road but now I don't give them a second thought unless they go out their way to get my attention.

Am I the only one who gets a little flutter in my chest and smile on my face when I walk out a door and see my NSX in the parking lot? Am I the only one who sometimes will just sit for a moment after getting into the car, close my eyes, take a deep breath, and just for a moment be utterly content with my car?

If your car does anything like that for you, then you have the right car, regardless of what it is.

If I'm buying NEW in the $3X,XXX's ...

G35 6MT Coupe over 350Z ... for a normal everyday car. track is diff story.
S2000 over both, however, I am 6'5" and don't fit in the S2K... so disregard for me.

Hopefully in 3 years this will be my predicament... used NSX will probably win over all 3 of these and whatever new is out.

Jasil said:
Jin, your a perfect example. You want a car for the "Style and perception that others will have of you when you are seen in it". That's all I'm saying. People that say there is more to the NSX than numbers yada yada yada. That's your reason for owning one, right? The "look at me" "I"m different" factor, right or wrong?

Most of it yes, other factors that I could think of now (can't think of much now on Dial-Up stilll waiting for Broadband activation soon):

1. Class
2. History (who officially have VTEC) - other company that I am impressed of is BMW for high BHP per liter and not having to resort to force induction to sell their car
3. Easy handling
4. Reliablity

As for the 350Z what is the innovation it has? Don't speak of racing as it uses the skyline GT-R engine.

I don't think the 350Z has anything on the NSX :smile: The NSX makes me feel all tingly too when I see it. I have just been disappointed by it's performance lately.

As great as the 2 NSX's did in OnelapofAmerica a SRT-4, EVO, bolt on Z06, and 650R viper, all beat them. I wish neither car had the DNF's and maybe that would have helped some. I hope a better prepped NSX decides to enter next year both cars were just plaqued by gremlins. :mad:

With the money involved I just expected a better finish.

Haven't had time to read this whole thread but thougth I'd add my $.02 in here. I just got back from a 1200 mile road trip in a 350Z Touring. I must have said "I hate this car" about 1200 times while on that drive. What comes to mind when thinking about the car while IN the car.... function following form (backwards of how it's supposed to be). A few weeks ago I limped home (1000 miles) after buying my 85k mile '92 nsx with the cruise not working and a bad tie rod (koni's and a "loud" exhaust to boot)... HEAVEN compared to this so-called "Touring" Z w/ 20k miles & new tires. Rough ride, very poor visibility, uncomfortable seats... I could go on - but I just had to vent a little. All I could think about between thoughts of "I hate this car" was how much fun all of the NSXPO goers were having on their way to Phoenix. :frown:

I drove over 1000 miles over last weekend up to Medford, OR with some buddies of mine. Two of my friends drove 350Zs that were the track model. Another friend of mine drove an Acura CLS 6MT and me in my '05 NSX. Every time our caravan stopped on the way up or back, the 350Z guys would complain about how much they hated the seats. I felt just the opposite about my seats. Other than having to stretch my legs out, I was very comfortable in the driver's seat.

bodypainter said:
I can't speak for anyone else, but the allure of the NSX for me is how it makes *me* feel when *I* look at it. I don't give a damn what anyone else thinks about it or what they think about me. The first couple weeks I did kind of goof on watching other people look at my car on the road but now I don't give them a second thought unless they go out their way to get my attention.

Am I the only one who gets a little flutter in my chest and smile on my face when I walk out a door and see my NSX in the parking lot? Am I the only one who sometimes will just sit for a moment after getting into the car, close my eyes, take a deep breath, and just for a moment be utterly content with my car?

If your car does anything like that for you, then you have the right car, regardless of what it is.

Amen!!! :smile: well said!! :smile:

The 350Z isn't half the car the NSX is. The 350Z feels like a stiff, bumpy, bouncy little thing. Nowhere near the acceleration, nor handling feel. Plus, outward visibility is atrocious in the Z, where it needn't be. The VQ 3.5 is a nice engine, but, hell, nothing nearly as nice as the C32B. Redline was only 6500 or so, and RPMs at highway speed were fairly high. Nissan has to get the revs up in this to get the power, but it's not a VTEC engine, rather it just has variable timing and duration.

All in all the NSX is much more comfortable and of considerably higher quality in every aspect.

liftshard said:

All in all the NSX is much more comfortable and of considerably higher quality in every aspect.

Except for the following I have in my '05 NSX: :D

1) Top/driver's side window leaks water, as well as a little from the passenger's window. :frown:

2) There's this buzzing/vibration coming from behind the passenger seat that can be heard on rough road surfaces. :frown:

3) After tightening the spare tire, I still can hear an external squeaking sound coming from the front of the car. :frown:

Other than these issues, I'm completely happy with car.

Jin1976 said:
As for the 350Z what is the innovation it has? Don't speak of racing as it uses the skyline GT-R engine.

Actually it uses the same VQ series engine in the JGTC GT500 class right now. In fact the Skyline was using the VQ engine back in 03 until the new Z body was ready in race trim in 04. yes it has smaller displacement and twin turbo were added. But so is this years JGTC GT500 class NSX. It too has been Turbo charged.

And don't get me wrong I love the NSX as well as 350Z. I drive a 350Z now. And I have to admit that it has a ton of fun and brakes were just amazing (Track model) It did felt short up in the high rpm. And the VDC is just felt too safe. It lack the fun factor when u are driving it fast. Cause it feels like the car is doing too much of work for u. Which is why I am considering to switch to a NSX.

Also, I have noticed that resell value of an NSX is just second to non. I just can't see any other cars other than Exotics will holds it's value so much that a 91 NSX will sell for $25-30g USD.

Just some of my thoughts. Any of u guys agree?

You know you can turn that VDC off...

I won't even get into this since I've owned both cars. Both have their pro's and cons.
Nuff said.

DrVolkl said:
You know you can turn that VDC off...

I won't even get into this since I've owned both cars. Both have their pro's and cons.
Nuff said.

I know the product planner for the 350Z and talked to him back when I was thinking about buying one. It turns out you can turn it "off" but what actually happens is VDC expands it's envelope of what you are allowed to do. It still stays active at the outer limits.

Gansan said:
I know the product planner for the 350Z and talked to him back when I was thinking about buying one. It turns out you can turn it "off" but what actually happens is VDC expands it's envelope of what you are allowed to do. It still stays active at the outer limits.

i have the best motoring with the 350z and dori dori said something about the only model where it was OFF was the base model where it wasnt INSTALLED :biggrin: and that that was the best platform to use if you wanted to modify since it was cheaper and didnt have the annoying VDC

my buddy just ordered an 06' i wanna ride in it to see how it is, maybe he'll let me drive it.... but then that means i'll have to let him drive my car... LOL hell no!

Gansan said:

I agree with u 100% it still stays active. So u can't really...whats the word... set it free.... :wink:

By the way, here's my ride...

Attachments

• myZ.jpg
    myZ.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 513
Last edited:
NA1R said:
I agree with u 100% it still stays active. So u can't really...whats the word... set it free.... :wink:

Hmm...that's funny, because when I would AutoX my Z with the VDC off I was able push the car to the limits without it giving me any input of its own. You can very easily spin the car out (360) with it off, so I'm not sure what you guys are talking about.

Got a question for u. So which car do u like better at AutoX events? Z or NSX? And what are the differences in terms of response as well as driver imput? thank

soon2B said:
Sure you can modify a 350Z to take an NSX, I could do the same with my Civic. When it comes down to it is its just a 350Z or it's just a Civic, not a NSX!

It would take a lot of modification on part of the Z to take a NSX. I had a go with a buddy of mine who has every possible modification short of FI and I was gaining on him in 4th gear when I should of been in 3rd. :wink:

Back