• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

350Z Vs NSX

I test drove one and couldn't get over the weight..just feels and turns too heavy..so it kinda skips/plows across high speed turns. I couldn't see very well and didn't feel to comfortable pushing it, but I'll admit it was my first drive. This was the Anniversary model, it had fun power but it was the heavy movements of the car that killed it for me, takes a good chunk out of the fun factor for me anyway

NsSeX said:
It would take a lot of modification on part of the Z to take a NSX. I had a go with a buddy of mine who has every possible modification short of FI and I was gaining on him in 4th gear when I should of been in 3rd. :wink:

I think they were talking about forced induction in the beginning of this thread thats what I was speaking on. :smile:

black350zwidebody said:
Now guys I wouldn't go getting that darn cocky. The 350z needs some definite tweaking to help her a long but she is 1/3 the cost of the NSX. You could buy a Z 30k drop $10k into her and have an NSX eater all day long. and still have $40K+ left over.

133153.jpg

I love the NSX and have loved it since 91 butI think it is hard to compare the two. The 350z is a great car and for ~ $26-30k u can not beat it.

220820.jpg

:wink:

hehe i got my nsx for $30k bwuhahahahaah
if i was rich i'd drop another $30k and be a C6Z06 eater like len3.8 :biggrin:

NA1R said:
Got a question for u. So which car do u like better at AutoX events? Z or NSX? And what are the differences in terms of response as well as driver imput? thank

The Z out of the box is much better for AutoX events...at least compaired to my 1991 NSX. The NSX just isn't geared well (at least the 5spd) for a small, tight course. The lack of low end torque doesn't help either.
I think with the correct mods (Rims, sways, springs, short gears,etc), it should be fine....and that's what I'm going to find out by next spring.

soon2B said:
I think they were talking about forced induction in the beginning of this thread thats what I was speaking on. :smile:

Ah... I guess I missed that part :biggrin:
Is it possible to install a FI with I/H/E on a 350Z for $10k? :confused:

yup especially the senior members.
I'm seeing more "my car is better than yours" kind of attitude in these forums. Like the Vtec honda forums. Things seem to be more hostile here.
Even though I would disagree on his comment about if there was equal attention given or more if his 350Z was rolled up next to the NSX.

Don't know what it is, but every carshow I go to, if there are Supras there and 350Z, etc. and 1 NSX comes along, all the attention is immediately on the NSX. I'm not saying my car is better than yours, I'm just stating my observations.

Anyways, I don't think your car fully qualifies for rice mobile. I think its still tastefully done.

Funny.... when I had yellow lights like that back in 93 with my Mazda MX-3... people thought it looked weird and even one guy told me, "hey just put a picture of Jesus in the middle and your all set"

NsSeX said:
Ah... I guess I missed that part :biggrin:
Is it possible to install a FI with I/H/E on a 350Z for $10k? :confused:

If you go with a turbo you will definately have to replace the header with a turbo exhaust manifold. Thats all I know, personally im not a huge fan of the 350Z. Don't get me wrong it is a nice car just not my taste. :smile:

I had a track addition z nice car for the price. cheep interior to much plastic. drove nice. easy to drive fast but lacked agility that the nsx has. nsx feels way more stable at high speeds. and IMO the NSX is an allround better car

DrVolkl said:
The Z out of the box is much better for AutoX events...at least compaired to my 1991 NSX. The NSX just isn't geared well (at least the 5spd) for a small, tight course. The lack of low end torque doesn't help either.
I think with the correct mods (Rims, sways, springs, short gears,etc), it should be fine....and that's what I'm going to find out by next spring.

icic... so $5000 more for the close gear set?? Then won't u lose topspeed?

One more things I don't get is why NA2 are single plate Clutch vs. NA1 are Double plate? Isn't Double plate much more efficient when delievering power to the drivetrain? And can anyone tell me that a 02+ car if it's worth the premium over a 97+ car? I am sure that SOS would have everything u need for the conversion. But what I am trying to say is... would u guys preferr newer year or buy a older one then make it like new? And which ever way would makes more sense?

350z....come on.... NSX is a hand built exotic. What 8000 sold in U.S. since 1991, i think they make 30,000 350z a year. Let's get real, even if the 350z faster, hell the evo's faster...but who cares. The NSX is a exotic car hands down. The 350z..evo..sti..c6..and so on will never be. This car can be parked next to Ferrari's,Koenigsegg, Zonda's, Lambo,Lotus and Aston Martin wont look out of place. My 2ct.... :smile:

I like my automatic NSX and it is superior to any manually shifted NSX. I can eat my toast and drink my coffee on the way to work whilst taking those important phone calls. :biggrin:

Tony Montoya said:
I like my automatic NSX and it is superior to any manually shifted NSX. I can eat my toast and drink my coffee on the way to work whilst taking those important phone calls. :biggrin:

but.... do you have a cup holder??!!! lol :biggrin:

Tony Montoya said:

LOL... u mean u actually eat in your NSX? Now there's something I would never do in any car that I've owned. :biggrin:

I have an infinity g35 coupe, which is similar to the 350, but more refined, and I love my nsx. The nsx handles better than the 350 and g35. I live on the central coast of california and scream through the hairpin turns in the nsx much easier than the infiniti.

qirex said:
this is funny.

Widebody= rice

*Please read the following in a calm manner that is how I mean for this to be read.*

Was that to be taken as a statement by you or where you saying that was a funny statement...because if wide body kits are rice, what do you say to the guys who actually track their daily driven cars and purchase functional wide bodies. I mean really though...should the descriptor "rice" be used in reference to particular parts or more to the parts that are cheap, low quality imitations of said companies such as Veil Side or Blitz or Buddy Club or Chockets or J Blood or GP Sports or etc, but I find many of you referring to what is classified as JDM as rice. I would say that if I were to take my EX and put a Type-R badge on it that would be rice…or if I put a GT-R badge on my Z28 that would be rice…but if someone puts a well made, nice fitting wide body on their car or happens to have yellowed out headlights or fog lights I would have to say they are emulating what can be seen on the streets of Japan or at a time attack or even a JGTC event. Which, if I am not mistaken has many of NSX wearing colored headlamps and wide body kits. But I only own a built Civic and a Z28 so I can only be seen as a red neck ricer…so what do I know.

I don’t care what you drive as long as you can drive.

We own both, my wifes car is the 350 and you can guess which I drive. I think the Z's interior is cheap looking, lots of plastic. Comfort wise, my feet seemed cramped and angled, the clutch petal placed to high. It isn't really fair to compare to an NSX, I'd take the nsx any day over the Z, but you get a warrenty with the z for the same money as a 91-92 nsx

AU_NSX said:
ROTFL..... Honestly are you serious???? :confused:

Looking at that car.... Two types of poeple come to mind....

1. Middle aged big hairy chested bloke with Gold chains around the neck, gold bracelets, open shirt etc..... (all show and no go!)

2. First car for a 16-18 yr old kid who is too young to know any better...

Wrong forum Mate!

Lets face it, they're both low end Japanese performers, and comparing them is like comparing the two ugly girls sitting at the back of the class.

NA1R said:
One more things I don't get is why NA2 are single plate Clutch vs. NA1 are Double plate? Isn't Double plate much more efficient when delievering power to the drivetrain? And can anyone tell me that a 02+ car if it's worth the premium over a 97+ car?

Quality of the material used on the newer single plate clutch is better? Don't forget, even though NSX is a 15 years old car, very it received constant update almost every year.

At the end of the day, Z is just not in the same league NSX regarding what the argument is. Sitting position is high, clutch requires massive effort and not as smooth, feels slow, and... it's a Renault...lol

Vancehu said:
Quality of the material used on the newer single plate clutch is better? Don't forget, even though NSX is a 15 years old car, very it received constant update almost every year.

At the end of the day, Z is just not in the same league NSX regarding what the argument is. Sitting position is high, clutch requires massive effort and not as smooth, feels slow, and... it's a Renault...lol

Errr....Actually, if u do a little research u will find that the NA2R (Japan only) Has switch back to a twin disc design instead of the Single disc in (US specs) And yes the clutch is just a little on the heavy side. But I personally don't think that its too heavy. try Ferrari F40 or even the last Z TT u will find those are heavy clutch. If u are looking for a light clutch then I guess u shouldn't be driving a sports car. u'll easily find that in a Civic. :)

I agree with u that Honda is constantly improve their product. No matter its a Civic to NSX. And again. Its so hard to justify both cars especially they are not even in the same market place.
All and all. It should be compared with another FR product. like the M3, G35, S2000, RX-8.

And since NSX is so much more in dollars and cents should it be compared with 348, F355, F360, 993,996. Since Honda introduction it was to challenge the Europeans rival. But I guess it kinda fell short. Since it has long been out performed by Both Ferrari and Porsche. And hence its drops in sales. and eventually leads to it's demise. Which is a shame.

Yes, they both cost more. and yes NSX is the bang for the bucks in those kinda catagories. So its hard to compare Orange to Apples. And since there's no other Orange to compare with. I hearby declare that NSX is the pure breed of its own. and the Best Super car ever built by Honda. and when they decide to produce the Second Gen NSX. It will be as competant as the Ferrari's and Porsches and cost at about $90000

By then, I am sorry, I guess I will stick with my slightly incompetent Z :) I just can't wait until to order my 07 GTR. LOL.....

bodypainter said:
I can't speak for anyone else, but the allure of the NSX for me is how it makes *me* feel when *I* look at it. I don't give a damn what anyone else thinks about it or what they think about me. The first couple weeks I did kind of goof on watching other people look at my car on the road but now I don't give them a second thought unless they go out their way to get my attention.

Am I the only one who gets a little flutter in my chest and smile on my face when I walk out a door and see my NSX in the parking lot? Am I the only one who sometimes will just sit for a moment after getting into the car, close my eyes, take a deep breath, and just for a moment be utterly content with my car?

If your car does anything like that for you, then you have the right car, regardless of what it is.

This is it EXACTLY. Doesn't matter what the car is, hang on to it! Nsx is it for me.

I just don't get the 350Z at all. Nissan had everything right with the 300ZXTT. Twin turbo, HICAS, adjustable suspension, looks, ergonomics and upgradable to a reliable 400RWHP for a few grand. The 350Z to me is a huge step backwards and I'd much rather step back into a 300ZXTT than anything Nissan makes today. I would have just put in larger fuel injectors, maybe looked at sequential turbos, bumped the boost, perhaps a sequential gear box and maybe... MAYBE tweaked the look. Now... the Skyline... that's a different story. I'm dying for that to become a reality in the US.

robr said:
I just don't get the 350Z at all. Nissan had everything right with the 300ZXTT. Twin turbo, HICAS, adjustable suspension, looks, ergonomics and upgradable to a reliable 400RWHP for a few grand. The 350Z to me is a huge step backwards and I'd much rather step back into a 300ZXTT than anything Nissan makes today.

What's to get? It's called making a car that will actually turn a profit. There's a reason why the 300Z left our shores in '96....and there's a reason why the NSX still has no replacement. The low volume high end sports car just doesn't sell well in this market. The 350Z is an excellent example of a 2 door sports car. What else can you buy in that price range that looks/handles as good? STi, Evo or Mustang. Two of those cars have extra doors...the other is not a sports car.
Rx-8? Not even close....
If Nissan had made the mistake of putting a 400HP twin turbo engine in the 350, they'd probably be about as well off as Ford and GM are right now.
People make the mistake of comparing the current 350Z to the past 300Z. The 300Z was Nissan showing off just what they could do with a tuned sports car. The 350Z is Nissan showing off what they can do with a shared platform and a mass produced sports car that makes sense for this decade.

The 300ZX disappeared along with the Supra, Stealth, RX-7 and 3000GT because people stopped buying a performance GT car in the mid 90s.

As evidenced by the sales figures of the STi and Evo, I think that the market is back for that kind of vehicle. A mass produced, low-mid 30K performance car. While the 300ZX was hardly low volume, I suppose it would fall out of that price range.

I think Nissan sees that the interest is back as well with the introduction of the GT-R here in the US, even though it's probably going to be priced in the NSX range and not in the STi area.

Still it just annoys me to hear people going on about the greatness of the 350Z when it's hardly the pinnacle of Nissan's production vehicle engineering and performance. That was achieved with the 300ZXTT in the US and the Skyline GT-R R34 V.spec in Japan, both of which are far more car than the 350Z could ever hope to be.

Back