• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

360's are getting cheap!!!

Well I know of a 05 NSX for 44k?

LOL come on man, that thing had 70K miles and multiple owners. The red one. I know that car. It was not in the best of shape, and yes it was a blowout sale even at that. Clean 05's are still in the 60's, with very low milage ones still in the 70's from what I have seen. They seem to still be holding up better than the rest of the market. No more supply and no new NSX is always good for resale.

Last edited:
LOL come on man, that thing had 70K miles and multiple owners. The red one. I know that car. It was not in the best of shape, and yes it was a blowout sale even at that. Clean 05's are still in the 60's, with very low milage ones still in the 70's from what I have seen. They seem to still be holding up better than the rest of the market. No more supply and no new NSX is always good for resale.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...onal&paId=137252917&recnum=35&leadExists=true

hell naw, dawg... :p

Oh come on man, you can't dangle such a putridly-fraudulent listing for affirmation towards the recent trend of certain late-model NSX residual values plummeting! :D

It's listed as a Berlina-black/Onyx 2005 Acura NSX w/ 7,430 miles for $44,500... puhleeeaze! Like the timeless ol' adage goes, "when it's too good to be true..." blah-bla-bha!

That particular NSX, if an actual legit' listing & w/o accident/collision history, is ~$20k under-valued in terms of asking price. . .

My point being, if it's for real, I'll buy it for the listed price sight-unseen (no need to haggle/negotiate) & have it covered-transport shipped to upstate NY for you as a giftie, steveny! ;)

Last edited:
Re: hell naw, dawg... :p

Oh come on man, you can't dangle such a putridly-fraudulent listing for affirmation towards the recent trend of certain late-model NSX residual values plummeting! :D

It's listed as a Berlina-black/Onyx 2005 Acura NSX w/ 7,430 miles for $44,500... puhleeeaze! Like the timeless ol' adage goes, "when it's too good to be true..." blah-bla-bha!

That particular NSX, if an actual legit' listing & w/o accident/collision history, is ~$20k under-valued in terms of asking price. . .

My point being, if it's for real, I'll buy it for the listed price sight-unseen (no need to haggle/negotiate) & have it covered-transport shipped to upstate NY for you as a giftie, steveny! ;)

All I know is another prime member emailed me the link.

LOL this is your source for info Steve? I was about to get out my checkbook. Now I don't trust your Ferrari pricing info either.... :wink:

I test drove a 360 F1 coupe yesterday and have to admit -- it's a really nice car and a lot of fun. I can see what "they" mean when they say that F-cars have a certain amount of excitement that NSXs lack (louder, more raw, etc.). I even liked the F1 which adds another level of novelty to the car. Not sure if this is a bad sign or not, but this (dealership) example had about 10k miles and the F1 would malfunction and shift into neutral occasionally. :cool:

I can see what "they" mean when they say that F-cars have a certain amount of excitement that NSXs lack (louder, more raw, etc:

And so you get my hopes up

had about 10k miles and the F1 would malfunction and shift into neutral occasionally.

Only to let me down....

My bad Steve. That one is apparently a scam. I think I sent it to you the day it came out, just in case it was a bargain.

Sorry guys, I was just trying to recruit steveny back onto the team. :redface:

I test drove a 360 F1 coupe yesterday and have to admit -- it's a really nice car and a lot of fun. I can see what "they" mean when they say that F-cars have a certain amount of excitement that NSXs lack (louder, more raw, etc.). I even liked the F1 which adds another level of novelty to the car. Not sure if this is a bad sign or not, but this (dealership) example had about 10k miles and the F1 would malfunction and shift into neutral occasionally. :cool:

The 360 spyder I drove with the F1 was amazing -- however, the transmission light would come on for no reason. You have to stop the car, drive it in reverse for a few seconds and then the light would go off. Then drive like normal again. The owner sent it to the Dallas Ferrari Shop (4 hour away in an enclosed transport -- who knows what that cost) they couldn't find anything wrong.

Plus if I recall, if the F1 pump goes out in that tranny it is $16,000 to replace it!

The 360 spyder I drove with the F1 was amazing -- however, the transmission light would come on for no reason. You have to stop the car, drive it in reverse for a few seconds and then the light would go off. Then drive like normal again. The owner sent it to the Dallas Ferrari Shop (4 hour away in an enclosed transport -- who knows what that cost) they couldn't find anything wrong.

Plus if I recall, if the F1 pump goes out in that tranny it is $16,000 to replace it!

Yikes...:eek:

This nicely illustrates you might be able to afford the payments on a $70K Ferrari, but you won't be able to afford the maintenance. Especially if you're use to the reliability and relatively inexpensive parts for an NSX.

Last edited:
Not sure if this is a bad sign or not, but this (dealership) example had about 10k miles and the F1 would malfunction and shift into neutral occasionally. :cool:

The F1 transmission will default to "N" neutral if left in a gear when your foot is off the brake for 5 seconds. We had a great expericnce with our old 360. Ours was a 99' with over 32k miles. We put about 7k miles "hard" miles on it with no problems at all.

The F1 transmission will default to "N" neutral if left in a gear when your foot is off the brake for 5 seconds. We had a great expericnce with our old 360. Ours was a 99' with over 32k miles. We put about 7k miles "hard" miles on it with no problems at all.

Good to hear. For the most part, I understand that 360s are actually somewhat reliable. This problem though was when upshifting through the gears, not when at a stoplight. You should have seen the salesperson's face. Classic. :tongue:

Can you believe F430s are now in the 130s?? After Monday's test drive (stupid, stupid, stupid!) I'm now pretty much hooked. Doh!

Steve - since you've put some real mileage on yours, maybe you can do a writeup on maintenance you've experienced.

Good to hear. For the most part, I understand that 360s are actually somewhat reliable. This problem though was when upshifting through the gears, not when at a stoplight. You should have seen the salesperson's face. Classic. :tongue:

Can you believe F430s are now in the 130s?? After Monday's test drive (stupid, stupid, stupid!) I'm now pretty much hooked. Doh!

Steve - since you've put some real mileage on yours, maybe you can do a writeup on maintenance you've experienced.

Did you test drive the 430? Lots more TQ. I am not sure it sounds better than a 360 though.

IMHO the 430's will probably take a hit when the replacement begins to hit the showrooms later this year. I like the look of the 360 spider, but the 430 is a much more "modern" car, and from what I understand requires less maintenance (I didn't say less costly, just less)!

IMHO the 430's will probably take a hit when the replacement begins to hit the showrooms later this year. I like the look of the 360 spider, but the 430 is a much more "modern" car, and from what I understand requires less maintenance (I didn't say less costly, just less)!

We can hope. I'd love to own an F430 someday.

I just sold my very clean spa yellow NSX to move to a 360 for all the observations mentioned in this thread. The early F1s are prone to acuator failures for the paddle shifters. Yellow 6 speed 360 spyder is what I am looking for now. I'll take my time and when the right car comes along (may take 9-12 months), I'll move. I don't see them going to $50K personally anytime soon but for $75 - 80K in the next 6 months or so you will be able to pick up a very nice example. The F500 which replaces the F430 is killer IMO.

Its interesting how NSX owners sometimes move to other marques...I'm looking at Porsche's now. I think its part of life and being a car guy...not one car will ever be good enough!

360's are appealing though...:wink:

They are getting cheaper here too BUT out of 236 for sale nationwide right now on autotrader.com, only 5 have over 30k miles. The average seems to be around 1,000 miles a YEAR.

Why do Ferrari 360 owners hardly drive them?

I thought they were the first of the new generation of Ferraris that could be daily driven and more easily maintained?

So what happens when you get to 40k miles? Do the doors fall off? Does the engine need a rebuild?

Yes there are many places you wouldn't want to park a Ferrari and that could limit mileage, but this applies somewhat to the NSX and there are plenty of high mileage NSXs. Yes they cost more to service than a NSX, but they cost more to buy too. I don't see people garage-queening their BMW because it costs more to service than their Toyota.

Don't get me wrong I love Ferraris but this mysterious barrier against actually driving them I just don't understand. Can anyone help me out? What's the catch?

They are getting cheaper here too BUT out of 236 for sale nationwide right now on autotrader.com, only 5 have over 30k miles. The average seems to be around 1,000 miles a YEAR.

Why do Ferrari 360 owners hardly drive them?

I thought they were the first of the new generation of Ferraris that could be daily driven and more easily maintained?

So what happens when you get to 40k miles? Do the doors fall off? Does the engine need a rebuild?

Yes there are many places you wouldn't want to park a Ferrari and that could limit mileage, but this applies somewhat to the NSX and there are plenty of high mileage NSXs. Yes they cost more to service than a NSX, but they cost more to buy too. I don't see people garage-queening their BMW because it costs more to service than their Toyota.

Don't get me wrong I love Ferraris but this mysterious barrier against actually driving them I just don't understand. Can anyone help me out? What's the catch?

maintenance and RESALE VALUE.....they seem to drop in value with over 20K and tremendously with over 50K miles:redface:

Back