• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

360's are getting cheap!!!

it's a great time to buy a Ferrari if you got $70K lying around!!! There are quite a few nice examples of 360 Mo's on autotrader with 20K miles with asking prices of <>$75K ...about $20K less then last years best prices..:eek:

anyone got $70K i can barrow?:redface:

I've noticed that also. I think this may be the year that I add a prancing horse to the stable.

it's a great time to buy a Ferrari if you got $70K lying around!!! There are quite a few nice examples of 360 Mo's on autotrader with 20K miles with asking prices of <>$75K ...about $20K less then last years best prices..:eek:
likewise, i did a search ~ a week ago and had thoughts along the same lines. but then reality kicked in and i realized i'd have two sports cars i didn't drive. to go with the boat i don't use.

I know. I've been increasing my eBay and AutoTrader searches on F-360/430 and Lambo G's lately.

Off topic: Figuring I have plenty of disposable cash stashed, if I were to pull the trigger on one of these cars ($100K-$150K) would it make any sense to pay cash for the car or should I still finance it regardless? One side of me wants to finance it and keep earning meager interest in a secure account, another side says use the cash to try to negotiate a better price. Thoughts?

I know. I've been increasing my eBay and AutoTrader searches on F-360/430 and Lambo G's lately.

Off topic: Figuring I have plenty of disposable cash stashed, if I were to pull the trigger on one of these cars ($100K-$150K) would it make any sense to pay cash for the car or should I still finance it regardless? One side of me wants to finance it and keep earning meager interest in a secure account, another side says use the cash to try to negotiate a better price. Thoughts?

This actually is a pretty simple question, if you can't earn more interest with your money than you would be paying on the car you should pay cash. With the amount they are paying at most banks, I would say you should buy the car for cash. The car is relatively liquid so if you get in a financial bind you can sell the car as long as you don't overpay you should do fine.

Just do it...

I did! :smile:

Well worth the thrill!

DSC03266lrg.jpg

I never thought I would be able to afford a 360. This is amazing! :eek:

I'm going to say this right now - " I will never be able to afford a Pagani Zonda."

Now, let's see if they drop $150,000 in price over the next year. :wink:

Now if only the parts and maintenance costs start dropping. :wink::tongue::biggrin:

I think the problem with maintenance costs is that there aren't any specialty mechanics that will do the work or sell parts for under retail. You gotta go to the dealer for everything.

I never thought I would be able to afford a 360. This is amazing! :eek:

I'm going to say this right now - " I will never be able to afford a Pagani Zonda."

Now, let's see if they drop $150,000 in price over the next year. :wink:

Will a $150k price drop in the Zonda help you attain one?
I thought these bad boys were 7 figures.

These cars are for free right now, Im on Ferrari chat, Ebay, Autotrader...all day every day. Just need to find the right one! :biggrin:

I saw someone at a street corner holding a sign "free Ferrari adoption!" but I was too busy to stop and pick up one. :biggrin:

I think the problem with maintenance costs is that there aren't any specialty mechanics that will do the work or sell parts for under retail. You gotta go to the dealer for everything.

When I had my Testarossa, I found a small shop in Ohio that specialized in Ferrari's. They were significantly cheaper than the dealer and did much better work. I am sure there are others out there also if you can find them.

Remember the saying, "if you can't afford a good Ferrari, you sure as hell can't afford a bad Ferrari".

Lol... best quote ever.

I just browsed ebay last night...and holy cow, you guys are right. It looks like they made about 100,000 360's!

I'm just not sure if that's the ferrari I'd want... I've always been a fan of the 550's. Then of course Gallardo's are pretty damn cool too.

Oh well...no more room for sports cars anyhow and I'm not ready to get rid of the NSX.

When I had my Testarossa, I found a small shop in Ohio that specialized in Ferrari's. They were significantly cheaper than the dealer and did much better work. I am sure there are others out there also if you can find them.

That's cool. I wonder if the same shops exist for Lambos. I asked around in the forums and everyone basically said they wouldn't let anyone touch their cars besides the dealer.

I think the sweet deals are on the F430 for $130K (under 10K miles)...one bright side of this bad economy I guess.

When the economy improves, do you think the prices will go up significantly, or will they stay close to where they are now?

When the economy improves, do you think the prices will go up significantly, or will they stay close to where they are now?

I would imagine they'll go up. I mean, have you seen what a new M3 is going for? They can't move em.

If people feel "rich again" the supply will go down and the prices will go up. How much...who knows.

It sure would be a kick in the nuts if suddenly you can't find a 360 under $100k in 4 months.

I would imagine they'll go up. I mean, have you seen what a new M3 is going for? They can't move em.

If people feel "rich again" the supply will go down and the prices will go up. How much...who knows.

It sure would be a kick in the nuts if suddenly you can't find a 360 under $100k in 4 months.

The new M3 is Ridiculously priced. I would get an year old M6 all day long before buying a new M3.

Back