• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

360's are getting cheap!!!

I'm with you on that. I heard they make a 6spd with that too. Yummy.

They do. That SMG is the only problem with the M5/M6. It just isn't very good compared to a good 6-speed auto or all the new Dual Clutch Autos. If you could get the DSG in the M6, that would be a perfect car. :)

I would imagine they'll go up. I mean, have you seen what a new M3 is going for? They can't move em.

If people feel "rich again" the supply will go down and the prices will go up. How much...who knows.

It sure would be a kick in the nuts if suddenly you can't find a 360 under $100k in 4 months.
With the successor to the 430 coming out soon, the prices are likely to keep dropping, soon you'll see 430's come close to the 100m mark (the earlier coupes). If the economy continues to flounder maybe even break it!

It sure would be a kick in the nuts if suddenly you can't find a 360 under $100k in 4 months.

Oh they will be way under 100k at least the ones that were bought and then serviced at shops other than a Ferrari dealer as the person who buys a cheap car is most likely hoping to find cheap service too. Which in itself isn't a sin until you try and sell the car after a non Ferrari dealer has repaired it and in a lot of cases screwed it up. IMO, The cars which change hands cheap usually don't come with documentation and service records. Either way... yes the prices have come way down all the more reason why it's better to just drive the car and enjoy it. I feel bad for the owners who have put very few miles on their cars and lost just as much as the owners who racked up some miles. Get out there and buy a 360 or 430 today, don't wait this ain't a dress rehearsal.

Jesus... are they that cheap? what's my 05 NSX worth? 10K miles.

This is the time to be buying real estate, not cars people. Stop making bad financial recommendations to me. :biggrin:

Get out there and buy a 360 or 430 today, don't wait this ain't a dress rehearsal.

How much would a divorce cost??? ...because I'd have to factor that in on top of the Ferrari purchase. :smile:

How much would a divorce cost??? ...because I'd have to factor that in on top of the Ferrari purchase. :smile:

She let you have 2 NSX's once. One 360 has to look better to her than 2 NSX's right? :wink:

Omg! You guys are going to get me into trouble.

DocL, so you know a guy who "takes care of things"? :wink::tongue:

As others have said, they're only going to get cheaper. I'd expect to see well maintained 360s for $50k in a year or two.

One thing that *may* kill the value of Ferraris is if the "rich/extravagant" brand gets tarnished with the bad economy. I've seen a few threads on F-Chat along the lines of "Do you drive your Ferrari as much in the weak economy?" Meaning -- demand is falling, at least a little, based on nothing other than public perception of wealth. Respondents in those threads usually said a) Drive just as much, b) Drive less out of vandal fear or c) Drive less b/c don't want to flaunt wealth these days.

If Ferrari's suddenly become "uncool" to the masses -- look out below for those prices.

As others have said, they're only going to get cheaper. I'd expect to see well maintained 360s for $50k in a year or two.
boy, from your lips to god's ears.

if / when that happens, i imagine we'll have to pay people to take our cars off our hands.

i agree with your observation wrt taking out a higher end car during really difficult economic times.

One thing that *may* kill the value of Ferraris is if the "rich/extravagant" brand gets tarnished with the bad economy. I've seen a few threads on F-Chat along the lines of "Do you drive your Ferrari as much in the weak economy?" Meaning -- demand is falling, at least a little, based on nothing other than public perception of wealth. Respondents in those threads usually said a) Drive just as much, b) Drive less out of vandal fear or c) Drive less b/c don't want to flaunt wealth these days.

If Ferrari's suddenly become "uncool" to the masses -- look out below for those prices.

I'm very aware of that as I live in a state whose unemployment is like 14% (South Carolina), contains the "Redneck Riviera" (Myrtle Beach), you see confederate flags everywhere, and the median salary is like $30k a year. Other than that it's a nice place to live :biggrin: It's especially weird since you can have mobile or beat up homes close to very expensive homes.... I see Bentley's, new Maserati's, and a few R8's one the road everyday and I think, jeez, that's not the image I would want to portray to others.

Homicides are down here, but theft is up that same amount. I drive my NSX daily, but it's out in the boonies (nuclear power plant), and I rarely take it into town (a minivan with screaming kids is my weekend cruiser). Whenever someone asks about the car, the first thing I say is that it's not bad for a 19YO vehicle and that it's a Honda. I'm not into this for the image and think people who are are just asking for trouble especially during these times.

Dave

I'm very aware of that as I live in a state whose unemployment is like 14% (South Carolina), contains the "Redneck Riviera" (Myrtle Beach),
Dave

Speaking of RedNeck Riviera...of which I am one...
I was driving outside Panama City last week and I swear a Maserati MC12 went by me in the opposite direction on a two lane rural highway...followed by a chase Ferrari???

Just do it! I triple dog dare you!:tongue:

Keep an eye out for a silver FORD GT for me. Actually, any color but black or red.

There's a yellow/black one here local...but they still want a ton for it.

That was my favorite car until I looked at the driving position. The hood goes on forever...seems awfully hard to see out of. I guess the NSX just spoils you.

Interesting point on the Ferrari...pissing off those who don't have jobs. Might not be nice to flaunt it.

You'd have to explain to everyone the crazy deal you got on it! :wink:

Interesting point on the Ferrari...pissing off those who don't have jobs. Might not be nice to flaunt it.

You'd have to explain to everyone the crazy deal you got on it! :wink:

Tell them it's a kit car on a stretched Fiero frame. :wink:

You can contact me via PM if you wish. Otherwise I know of no one who "takes care of things". ;)

Back