• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

360's are getting cheap!!!

WOW $500 for an oil change is consider pretty cheap! My cousin has a 04 and he recently had his done for $1200. A basic oil service will generally cost around $1200-1500. For most people, this will be an annual service, with more only needing to be considered if you are driving more than 10k or so each year. If you look at additional services needed around the 5 year mark or so, and average it out, you are looking at a total maintenance cost around $2-2.5k.

1. pics???

2. $500 for an oil change??? please explain why it would cost that much:confused: tell me you're kidding...:redface:

WOW $500 for an oil change is consider pretty cheap! My cousin has a 04 and he recently had his done for $1200. A basic oil service will generally cost around $1200-1500. For most people, this will be an annual service, with more only needing to be considered if you are driving more than 10k or so each year. If you look at additional services needed around the 5 year mark or so, and average it out, you are looking at a total maintenance cost around $2-2.5k.

The price of the car can be low but these things will never be cheap. 30 service 15k or so I have been told. But they are so much fun to drive. :biggrin:

still no explanation as to why...cuz you only get one per year, they figure they better make there money while they can??? Is there a special gold oil they must use or platinum oil filter??? Most rich people are cheap, I can't imagine how they react to thier first "oil change" bill.:eek:

:biggrin:

still no explanation as to why...cuz you only get one per year, they figure they better make there money while they can??? Is there a special gold oil they must use or platinum oil filter??? Most rich people are cheap, I can't imagine how they react to thier first "oil change" bill.:eek:

:biggrin:

I think the entire bottom of the car is one flat peice of plastic and it has to be removed maybe? I have not watched them do an oil change. Maybe there is a access door for the drain plug. I really don't know why it's 500 bucks but it is!

I believe it was the 360 that dosn't require dropping the motor to do a timing belt, but unless you 'know' a shop it's still pretty darn expensive.

Hopefully the F430's timing chain won't require as much maintenance.

The 430 is significantly better and different from the 360 than most people think, I really enjoy them:
F430Drift.jpg

Last edited:
I think the entire bottom of the car is one flat peice of plastic and it has to be removed maybe? I have not watched them do an oil change. Maybe there is a access door for the drain plug. I really don't know why it's 500 bucks but it is!

You're not sure? I really can't see you paying $500 to someone just because that's what they said it costs.

You're not sure? I really can't see you paying $500 to someone just because that's what they said it costs.

I don't have enough knowledge about it to debate with the service guy. I just want it done right so I don't negotiate the fee with them, yet.

I just sold my very clean spa yellow NSX to move to a 360 for all the observations mentioned in this thread. The early F1s are prone to acuator failures for the paddle shifters. Yellow 6 speed 360 spyder is what I am looking for now. I'll take my time and when the right car comes along (may take 9-12 months), I'll move. I don't see them going to $50K personally anytime soon but for $75 - 80K in the next 6 months or so you will be able to pick up a very nice example. The F500 which replaces the F430 is killer IMO.

Looks like what I predicted is materializing on the F360s but as some have accurately mentioned, beware of the hidden maintenance issues coming due on many of these. I have shifted gears personally and am looking for a Gen III Viper. The raw, brutal performance of the Viper beats the F360 in every category and you can have this for about half the price to a comparable F360. Yes, I would prefer the F360 since I've always wanted to have a modern-era Ferrari but since it will be an occasional weekend car, I think I'll go that route. I'm taking my time and looking for a few specific things on the Viper (want a Black or White Mamba). I love the NSX (have had three) but the lack of power finally got to me.

Last edited:
Took you owning THREE to realize this? Should have saved your money after selling the first one :rolleyes:

No, it didn't take me three to realize this. I almost purchased a Viper before my last NSX but knew from prior ownership how perfectly balanced the NSX is and so I came back again - third time's a charm. I sold each for different reasons and priorities in my life. As perfectly balanced as the NSX is, all of us that own / have owned the car realize the biggest shortcoming of the NSX is the lack of power. That can be rectified somewhat by FI but the car is not designed for 500 RWHP and that is a whole different experience than 270 - 290 flywheel horsepower.

Getting back on topic - anyone who buys a F360 for the $70K or so price, please post some details as I for one would like the insight. They are beautiful cars.

Last edited:
Looks like what I predicted is materializing on the F360s but as some have accurately mentioned, beware of the hidden maintenance issues coming due on many of these. I have shifted gears personally and am looking for a Gen III Viper. The raw, brutal performance of the Viper beats the F360 in every category and you can have this for about half the price to a comparable F360. Yes, I would prefer the F360 since I've always wanted to have a modern-era Ferrari but since it will be an occasional weekend car, I think I'll go that route. I'm taking my time and looking for a few specific things on the Viper (want a Black or White Mamba). I love the NSX (have had three) but the lack of power finally got to me.

You needed to purchase a Comptech SuperCahrged version of the NSX.

I tried to get him to do just that. Wouldn't bite.

Bock...bock...bock...bock.:biggrin:

The 360 delivers power in a similar way to the NSX. Compared to the Viper they are both much smaller engines that develop peak power and torque at relatively high RPM. The NSX may actually have more torque at very low RPM. The 360 starts to come alive right around 3000rpm, however 3000rpm comes up more quickly than in the NSX due to shorter gearing.

Personally I feel the NSX has enough power for the street and the 360 more than enough - however if the NSX leaves you wanting, remember that the 360 is "only" 100hp up on a mildly modded NSX. Would that keep you happy for long?

If you want the mid-engined balance and the Ferrari design together with a big jump in power, how about a 430?

Last edited:
The 360 delivers power in a similar way to the NSX. Compared to the Viper they are both much smaller engines that develop peak power and torque at relatively high RPM. The NSX may actually have more torque at very low RPM. The 360 starts to come alive right around 3000rpm, however 3000rpm comes up more quickly than in the NSX due to shorter gearing.

Personally I feel the NSX has enough power for the street and the 360 more than enough - however if the NSX leaves you wanting, remember that the 360 is "only" 100hp up on a mildly modded NSX. Would that keep you happy for long?

If you want the mid-engined balance and the Ferrari design together with a big jump in power, how about a 430?

Thanks for the feeback as I can see from your sig line that you also own a 360. You make some good points about HP difference between the NSX and 360 and a FI NSX should be very close in comparison to the 360 in performance figures with significantly more reasonable maintenance costs. The F430 is more money than I want to spend on a garage queen. I was looking at something completely different earlier this summer - Aston Martin Vantage. A beautiful classy car but as much as I admire the refinement of the Aston, NSX and even the 360, I think what I am looking for that fills the void is some old school brutal HP. The experience is just different (not better for everyone but certainly different) with a V10 500+ HP torque beast like a Viper versus some others. Now if a really nice low mileage 6 speed 360 came across my doorstep in the $60-70K range, especially a yellow spyder, then all bets are off and I think I would pull the trigger on the Ferrari. Must be a 6 speed for me though.

Now for you Shawn, bring that SOS NSX over to the house so I can give it a test drive. I'll give you a call and we should get together for lunch soon.

ISONSX said:
'97 Spa Yellow Pearl /Black HRE 545s, Comptech Exhaust (sold)
'95 Midnight Pearl / Tan (sold)
'92 Red / Black (sold)

LoL- sold another one? Man, what I wouldn't give to have even one of the cars you got rid of...

I hope the Viper satisfies- they definitly have the HP, but build was a concern. the car I drove was a GTS and I thought the engine heat was going to melt my feet- of course, Vegas heat was a factor I suppose...

P

Back