• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

92 honda nsx Type S

Guys I haven't been able to receive the title of this car. I'm going to have to hand over this case to an attorney and private investigator.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ryan Hagerman is the person who sold me the car and I believe it is illegal to sell a car with no title. I paid Ryan $2800 on top of it to get the registration and titling done. He is now talking and saying its not his responsibility. I have no title at all for this car. He gave me his name card so I thought it would be ok and there are plenty of RHD cars nowadays. His contact information is:

RYAN HAGERMAN
Magnus Motorsports
208 Brown Ave. Mattydale, New York 13211

Frank Mendola from Hirevmotors is responsible for titling the car, which is paid $2800 to do and is not taking any phone calls or emails after an email to me saying it has been paid with some attachment receipts. This guy I don't even have his number just an email: [email protected]. His last message to me was:

"i was finally able to complete the title for the car on Dec 17,its not a easy process of just going to the DMV and submitting paperwork on Privately imported cars.As you can see in the attachment this is a copy of the registration,the title will come 4 to 6 weeks after that date.my cost on doing the title,ordering all the paperwork,purchasing temp insurance and travel came out to be 3650.which you gave ryan 2800 and still a balance owed of 850,and if you can just give that to ryan so we can all selttle up."

thanks you
frank

I have been waiting patiently for the title of this car for over 4 months and its looking morel like a scam. I have possession of the car. The car is with Ross at STMPO right now.

I just need registration papers that the car is mine so I can take the car back to Thailand. I haven't even started work on the car yet, being nervous if I can get this fixed.

I've kept all email records of communication exchanged.

Any attorneys or private investigators out there who can advise or is willing to take this case let me know. To think I help booked a hotel when these guys came and delivered the car and Hutch was nice to treat them at his restaurant and to get this in return. I never imagined not being able to get a title for the car, although I was hesitant if the car would be legal to drive, but i was assured it would be. Since I'm taking the car back it wasn't that important, but I do need a US title to show ownership.
:frown:

Much help needed.

Last edited:
:( .. my God, you seem such honest nice guy ... i can't BELIEVE this is happening ... my best wishes, I hope local members can go chase that *%^$G$$*& :mad::mad::mad:

I hope Admins freeze his prime account so he can't edit all that BS he said in this thread ... that can be a good resource building a case ... maybe a non street legal track car is the only way to go?

attachment.php

Last edited:
My god, I am so very sorry to hear it has come to this.

I think I might have been the only one to challenge what was posted here. I haven' re-read the posts but I recall there was a lot of mis-information and kudos to the OP for bringing this obviously illegal car to the US.

Given what has happened to a lot of customers of Kaizo recently, I think your best bet is to cut your losses and bail on this project. Maybe part the car out. The only thing you won't be able to recoup would be oem parts with serial numbers on them.

Not that this would help any but I have always wondered why you took this route instead of simply buying a rhd NSX from the myriad of sellers and importers based in the Japan who cater to foreign buyers. You could have had a genuine NA1 NSXR shipped directly to Thailand.

Respectfully submitted,
John

EDIT: what happened to all the smack anatoly was throwing at me in this thread? Did he delete them all?

Last edited:
Hate to say it... But I saw this coming with whoever ended up buying this car...

In order to qualify for the special tax break to bring vehicles into Thailand, the car needed to come from the U.S. as I resided here and went to school here.

To bring one from Japan, the tax would have been more than double.

I'm just frustrated because I just need a US title, car doesn't even have to be legal to be driven here.

For now, I would just like some legal assistance to recover the title, losses, time, and aggravation.

Since the economy has gone down I've been burned through something very similar. As a caution to everybody else, be extra careful. Many businesses are barely making money and have lowered the standards of conducting business.

I'm in another mediation process right now just trying to recover what is mine. People actually would fight to get something that is not lawfully theirs when they are desperate.

:frown:

My god, I am so very sorry to hear it has come to this.

I think I might have been the only one to challenge what was posted here. I haven' re-read the posts but I recall there was a lot of mis-information and kudos to the OP for bringing this obviously illegal car to the US.

Given what has happened to a lot of customers of Kaizo recently, I think your best bet is to cut your losses and bail on this project. Maybe part the car out. The only thing you won't be able to recoup would be oem parts with serial numbers on them.

Not that this would help any but I have always wondered why you took this route instead of simply buying a rhd NSX from the myriad of sellers and importers based in the Japan who cater to foreign buyers. You could have had a genuine NA1 NSXR shipped directly to Thailand.

Respectfully submitted,
John

EDIT: what happened to all the smack anatoly was throwing at me in this thread? Did he delete them all?

Wow, not sure how I missed this thread last year. It sounds like Oyagi has a very good grasp of the laws and regulations, have you thought about contacting him if he is willing? The problem with taking legal / PI action is there might be no way of the OP getting the title. In that case no amount of heat you put on him will change that. Or is the new goal to get your money back?

I'm just frustrated because I just need a US title, car doesn't even have to be legal to be driven here.

Isn't that a catch 22, why would they let you title an illegal car?

Wow, not sure how I missed this thread last year. It sounds like Oyagi has a very good grasp of the laws and regulations, have you thought about contacting him if he is willing? The problem with taking legal / PI action is there might be no way of the OP getting the title. In that case no amount of heat you put on him will change that. Or is the new goal to get your money back?

Isn't that a catch 22, why would they let you title an illegal car?
I was told that you can still title the car through a slip even though the car doesn't have legal registration or plates.

Thanks to all you guys responses. It is really depressing to have a car that you can't drive and can't sell along with the 4 months of agony. I'm hiring an attorney today who is a friend. Told him about the problem and said he can take care of it.

Now Ryan Hagerman is also ignoring my phone calls and emails which makes me suspect if there is even a Frank Mendola from hirevmotors. Thinking about this is just too depressing.

This whole car venture thing has crashed hard for me as some of you know I have purchased John@Microsoft's car to switch parts between the two cars and take the JDM NSX back home with all of the premium parts on John's car and repaint the car and take it back to Thailand. Car has already started to be parted out and I'm thinking maybe I should just put the car back to the way it was and sell John's car. I don't know what to do as of this point, but I'll figure it out with Ross at STMPO.

This title thing screwed me up pretty bad so I'm going to have the attorneys do as much as they can. I saved all emails and bank transactions that recorded our sale and transaction.

I'll update you when I speak to the attorney later on today. :frown:

One little piece of paper, who thought could screw things up this bad. Who would have thought a person would sell you a car without a title and do nothing to correct it after 4 months. I did find out that it is illegal to sell a car without a title so I do have some grounds here.

The winner here will of course be the attorney. I'm just minimizing damage at this point.:frown:

I'm doing some digging with my contacts for you, I contacted them yesterday afternoon not long after I posted here. I'll PM you if I get anything useful.

Again, I'm sorry to hear about all this. :frown:

Oyagi,

Thank you very much for your help, time, and support. I rarely see fraud on Prime and have always felt safe purchasing stuff that was posted on here. Ebay and Craigslist I understand.
I'm glad I decided to post about this problem after all. I kept letting them convince me that they were working on it and I was giving them the benefit of the doubt, but after 4 months; it wears you out. And it takes longer and longer for them to respond to me when I ask for updates. I can't believe I'm in this situation. So I don't even know if the car is legal here in the US, can it even be registered and titled legally and if I can arrange to bring this car back to Thailand. I will need a US Title to have this car qualify for the special tax rate.

I'm doing some digging with my contacts for you, I contacted them yesterday afternoon not long after I posted here. I'll PM you if I get anything useful.

Again, I'm sorry to hear about all this. :frown:

Guys I haven't been able to receive the title of this car. I'm going to have to hand over this case to an attorney and private investigator.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ryan Hagerman is the person who sold me the car

Whodathunk?

Stick-e-Rice you seem like a nice guy..... sorry you got involved and were so trusting. Good luck, you will need it.

OK, I see hope. PM sent. Big guns are out! :cool:

This car was cussed and discussed for so long - why would anyone touch it? I mean there was so much negative said about this car and how it was misrepresented in the first place. The guy and his picture - that would be all I'd need to run the other way! Sorry for you Stickyrice sounds like you got caught up in some real sales BS. Too bad - hope it all works out somehow.

This car was cussed and discussed for so long - why would anyone touch it? I mean there was so much negative said about this car and how it was misrepresented in the first place. The guy and his picture - that would be all I'd need to run the other way! Sorry for you Stickyrice sounds like you got caught up in some real sales BS. Too bad - hope it all works out somehow.

Crap, I find myself on the same side of the fence as Tim.

How'd that happen?

That really sucks. Good luck with everything!

I understand how you feel about the title. I learned my lesson years ago when I purchased a motorcycle from a guy in the navy. He said the finance company would send me the title in the mail in 30 days....well he never paid it and I was left without the money and a 400lbs paper weight in my garage.

I know it is different and the money is much less but I do feel your pain.

Thank you everyone for your responses.

It is my fault for purchasing the vehicle without the title at the exchange.

I've owned this car since December and I have drove it just 3 times.

Last edited:
You're saying there's something wrong with wiggers? ...there, I said it!
:rolleyes:

This Photo has a lot of Photoshop potential...

attachment.php
I got to drive this EPIC car in this EPIC thread!!! (at Ross')

Stick-e-rice: Why not disassemble the car and transfer the whole interior and RHD components into John@Microsofts car (which you have the registration and documents) and leave the problematic JDM chassis as a bare frame?

Then export John's car with all the parts you wanted on it back to Thailand?

Seems like a win-win, unless you HAVE TO have the JDM vin numbers.

Last edited:

Attachments

• nsx%20prime2.1.JPG
    nsx%20prime2.1.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 328
Hi all, I was reading this and thought it was nice that someone got a RHD NSX in the states and all. I kept readng though everything thing and it's unfortunate that this is happening to stick-e-rice. A name did catch my eye though. Frank's name, I reconize that from Evolution Imports which used to import cars down in FL. I was thinking of going through them back then to get a car, but I didn't have the money at the time. A couple years later I decided to check the site and it was gone. I did a search and the info came up which socked me a bit. It's unfortunate that some importers take adavantage of people. This might be a case here. Granted Frank was not the owner of EI, but still it probably tainted his name for a while. So who knows maybe he's trying to be legit now or maybe was always. I don't know and can't say, but I can't ignore the forums and see his name on it.

So hopefully stick-e-rice's situation turns for the better and maybe it just takes time to get the papers through than before.

good luck

Back