• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

A few pics of my new RSII's

I really like the black wheels with the black/cf accents to tie it all in. Even like the black wheels with black bbk because there is so much silver to look at already. These go with your car much better than your stock wheels- I think quality aftermarket wheels are a must on lowered and modified cars otherwise they always look like an unfinished work in progress to me.

Well the black calipers are definitely "adult" and low key.... I do like how they look up close in the wheel, A LOT. But having them silver will take away some of darkness of the wheels from afar. I may paint just one and see how it is.

Looks good. Your car was begging for aftermarket wheels with all the other aftermarket mods. Nice work.

Looks aggressive Dave, I like it. I typically only like black wheels on red and yellow NSXs, but it looks pretty good on Silverstone too.

I'm in agreement with Scorp about painting the side scoop, but it's not bad unpainted. But I also don't like the look of the unpainted hood scoop on the NSX-R hood.

What I would change, however, is the tint on your front and rear sidemarker lights. They look almost black in some pics. The tinted red rears don't match with the tails. I'd probably leave that one red and paint match the front one to complete the silver/black theme.

From a graphic designer's standpoint, don't change a thing. Your car is well composed and does not lend focus to one specific area. It flows from one end to the other in a very pleasing and balanced manner.

Looks great!

I was a little on the fence with your conservative sizing/offset, etc. but its very tasteful and still looks aggressive. :cool:

Thanks guys. Jcnbadcura what do you think is conservative? Black wheels, high offsets, car is pretty low. ET rear is 25! You mean that it's 17/18 and not 18/19?

- - - Updated - - -

more pictures with from the front 3/4 angle please! :)

I'll get some next weekend. It needs a professional shoot not my handy work with an iPhone... LOL

- - - Updated - - -

What I would change, however, is the tint on your front and rear sidemarker lights. They look almost black in some pics. The tinted red rears don't match with the tails. I'd probably leave that one red and paint match the front one to complete the silver/black theme.

Mike the tint is not nearly as dark as it looks on the side markers nor even the windows. Windows are 35% legal MA tint, barely noticeable during the day. I'm not sure why it looks so dark in the photos. If I go more red I have to just remove the tint fully. I just think they side markers are an eye sore. At least tinted they are less visible. I have thought about risking ilegality and painting them silver but its going to looks hokey with the rubber edge flaking and peeling.

I don't know if enough people hate them I may reconsider and remove the tint but I need some feedback after correct photos.

- - - Updated - - -

From a graphic designer's standpoint, don't change a thing. Your car is well composed and does not lend focus to one specific area. It flows from one end to the other in a very pleasing and balanced manner.

Thank you. So from a graphic designers standpoint are you saying don't paint my calipers body color and install black stoptech logos on it?

Love your wheels, I'm looking into some black wheels also for my gpw na1...I'm kinda on the fence on black tho.. But your setup is pretty awesome looking.

Looks good Turbo, I think exposed CF on the R hood duct would be super sweet but I really like the silver black theme. Those DF side scoops really cap off the aggressive look. I have been doing a silver black theme with my car for a few years now, can't go wrong with it IMO. :) I am just debating on some new silver calipers and new rotors.

file_zps34b9b62a.jpg

Thanks guys. Jcnbadcura what do you think is conservative? Black wheels, high offsets, car is pretty low. ET rear is 25! You mean that it's 17/18 and not 18/19?

Yes I shouldve wrote tire sizing. Obv the offsets work just right.

And at one time it seemed like 18/19 was the way to go for an aggressive look but it's obv that wheel design needs to be considered because 17/18 can look perfect too.

It seemed like overall your quest for weight savings might have left you wanting more from the ultimate wheel/tire setup but from the pics so far it looks like you accomplished that and still maintained an aggressive/mean look. Bravo.

Thanks yeah, it's always nice to be able to get better looks AND better performance. Everyone that sees it is surprised it's only 17/18. It's the thin spokes. They look long.

I think the staggered setup looks really good, and that was a big improvement over OEM. I have to credit synth19 for really pushing for the rear 18.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks good Turbo, I think exposed CF on the R hood duct would be super sweet but I really like the silver black theme. Those DF side scoops really cap off the aggressive look. ...
file_zps34b9b62a.jpg

That's a great looking G coupe. Yeah I should have left the inner sides of the R vent carbon. It's too late now. I'm going to just vinyl it now. Imagine... Fake CF over real CF... LOL

Last edited:
Thanks Dimer. I'm going to do calipers and hats.

I found a rear shot so you guys can see how it fills the wheel well

062ab63d4fbbec0751a1d141168764f2_zps67ef1ce3.jpg

If you were going for a "Menacing" look, then you have met your goal. I personally feel the wheels/faces are washed out in the pics, especially the rear wheels. Maybe you should fly Synth out to do a photo shoot. But, as long as you are happy with the wheels, then nothing else matters. Just being honest.

If you were going for a "Menacing" look, then you have met your goal. I personally feel the wheels/faces are washed out in the pics, especially the rear wheels. Maybe you should fly Synth out to do a photo shoot. But, as long as you are happy with the wheels, then nothing else matters. Just being honest.

I love menacing, but I don't like the murdered look too much. I agree totally with the washed out comment, because I know how different it looks in person. Anyway I am not done. I have to still paint my calipers and hats. That in itself will brighten up the wheel area, and show the spokes more as they will be against a silver and not dark background. Then I will get photos taken by someone more professional. Of course if synth was close I'd let him do it.

DUDEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Your car is looking SICK!!!!

FML I need a Bug eye in silver just like this one day!

Oscar

Back