• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

A funny thing happened on the way to the....colliseum

A funny thing happened on the way to the shop. Today, I went to my Honda dealer in my NSX. I pulled into the service area and proceded to ask for my regular service advisor. He was not in today. I talked to another service advisor about service work done to my Honda Pilot and my Honda Element. The mechanic that was there answered a few of my questions and just to be curious, I asked him if the shop could service my NSX. I told him I needed my driver side window regulator changed which incidentally does need to be changed. I also asked him how much it would cost to change a timing belt on my Pilot and to see if they were not overcharging me I asked how much it would be for the NSX since I already knew how much the local Acura dealer charges. The mechanic asked me how big the engine was on my NSX. I said 3.0 liters. He looks at the car and says it should not be a problem. Okay fine, but how much? He then says to me can I pop it open to see the engine? I say the door is open go ahead and take a look as I am talking to the service advisor. He pops the hood and takes a look. One of his co-workers says to him the engine is in the back. Then he proceeds to open the trunk and no engine there either. So finally he does pop the engine compartment but he can't seem to find out how to open it. I then say don't worry about it I was just curious what it would cost for the service. Then the customer behind me says I would not let that guy service it if he can't find the engine. I just smile. The moral of the story don't go to Sicliy when you really need to go to Rome.

I'd have to agree .... if the mechanics can't locate the engine, I sure wouldn't have them be wrenching on my car.

lol i've heard of this happening before - popping the front and back and there's no engine -- but it's still too funny.

what i dont understand is what does the engine size have to do with changing a window regulator??? :D

lol i've heard of this happening before - popping the front and back and there's no engine -- but it's still too funny.

what i dont understand is what does the engine size have to do with changing a window regulator??? :D

He also asked them about changing the timing belt....that is why they wanted to know the engine size. :wink:

I am not too surprised he did not know where the glass latch was as no other Honda product has one. It only seams obvious to owners as when I first got mine I had to look around for a minute. What he should have asked you is how to open the glass versus fumbling with the trunk and hood.

It's just too bad that some Honda mechanics at a Honda dealer aren't "Honda enthusiast" enough to know how Honda's supercar is built.

Back