• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AC problem

My AC blows nice and cold when the car is moving at highway speeds but in traffic and at a stop the AC temp gets warm and takes a while after moving at speed again to get back to blowing colder air.

What do you guys think?

A/C Condenser fan motor fuses blown ?

Last edited:
What year is your NSX? Mine is an early one, and just recently both my condensor fans went out. This was a pricey fix, that alone with labor was about $1300 I think plus the other issues I had. Hope for only blown fuses, but I had the same issue and wasn't so lucky. I have lots of miles on mine and been used alot in this Texas heat. So I went a long time dodging that one.

What year is your NSX? Mine is an early one, and just recently both my condensor fans went out. This was a pricey fix, that alone with labor was about $1300 I think plus the other issues I had. Hope for only blown fuses, but I had the same issue and wasn't so lucky. I have lots of miles on mine and been used alot in this Texas heat. So I went a long time dodging that one.
You could've done it at home. Not a bad job. I can't imagine both fans bad at once.

I just had this same issue with my 03 and it turned out to be the fuses. Good luck!

Sounds correct. Walk in front while idling and AC on. Listen for "both" fans. Hope it's minor. You've been gone!

Yeah i've been gone for awhile. Allot of things going on right now and the NSX has been low priority.

I'll check the fuses and get back to everyone.

BTW, does anyone have a link to a fuse box diagram of all of the fuse boxes in the NSX? I think the PO just shoved any fuse he had available in any open slot because i'm missing some fuses and others don't seem like the proper ones.

If someone knows where i can find a good picture or diagram of all of the NSX's fuse boxes for reference i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

That is the first time I have heard of the motors going bad. Are you sure they were truly bad or the dealer made a quick $1300 for 2 fuses.

Front compartment fuse box :
picture.php

Check "COND FAN (R)" and "(L)"

Engine compartment fuse box :
picture.php

Driver compartment fuse box :
picture.php

#1 (10A)
#2 (15A)
#3 (7.5A) this one is for daytime running lights so perhaps not needed
#4 (15A)
#5 (10A)
#6 (7.5A)
#7 (7.5A)
#8 (10A)

Last edited:
Thanks for the pictures, it was a big help. Things were pretty jacked up in there.

Heres what i found, the fuses were the wrong size in the cond fan spot but were not popped. I replaced them with the correct sizes and turned the ac on. I could feel the air blowing from the passenger side opening but not the drivers side.

I do not have a plastic deflector on the pass side but the air felt strong enough were i think i would have felt it if it were blowing on the driver side too.

I had one of the condenser fan motors replaced a year ago but i cant remember which side it was because they have the same part #.

Would one inop cond fan cause the ac to get that warm?

Anything else it could be?

If they put 2 condensors, perhaps it's because only one is
not sufisant :confused:

Last edited:
As in some P-cars, the condensor is not placed in front of the radiator. If placed in front of the radiator, (as in most family sedans, lesser quality sports cars, and SUVs:biggrin:) the heat dumped out of the AC makes engine cooling more of a challenge.

So, instead of using one large condensor in front of the radiator, Acura split the condensor in half and put a small one in front of each front wheel. Less stress on the cooling system and better efficiency for the AC. But, that means both fans must be working for optimal cooling.

Dont forget your CCU can perform an auto-diagnostic itself. Turn on ignition - run CCU on min for 1 minute then max for 1 minute - then press AUTO and OFF buttons together and the LED will provide you with a fault symbol. Check the on-line service manual to interpret fault codes.

Dont forget your CCU can perform an auto-diagnostic itself. Turn on ignition - run CCU on min for 1 minute then max for 1 minute - then press AUTO and OFF buttons together and the LED will provide you with a fault symbol. Check the on-line service manual to interpret fault codes.

I tried this several times and no lights stayed on.

My car has never blown cold air since I have owned it (8 yrs and 2 recharges).

I have one fan motor that doesn't work, I found one on ebay and am going to replace it this weekend.

But, with only one working - mine takes about 10 mins on max with recirculate before the air gets cold enough to keep you from baking in 90 degree weather.

On the highway though, it is better because the airspeed means there is enough airflow through the condenser even without a fan.

i know one fan is on the driver side behind the front side marker, can someone tell me where the second fan is? i want to check both of them...

I know how frustrating this can be. The Acura dealer here is swearing that I have a leak in two of my high pressure lines, and a bad fan ($1,200 repair), yet the car is blowing cold air now, and has been since I took it in for a recharge over a month ago when they said it 'would not hold a charge'. :confused:

i know one fan is on the driver side behind the front side marker, can someone tell me where the second fan is? i want to check both of them...

Other fan is on the passenger side behind the marker. You should hear both fans running with the ac on and should be able to feel air in the wheel wells of both the front wheels.
I found a fan motor out of a 2005 car on eBay with 18k miles on it for 40 dollars. Why spend 1300 dollars to do this at a dealer? What a waste of money. I know most NSX owners are high income and probably don't care, but the motor from oemacuraparts.com is 200 bucks, and that means 90 percent of your bill is labor, forget it.

wow, such a simple fix :) I thought I had major problems with my a/c. I had the same problems. I quoted around $1200 for a/c overhaul and repair. I love NSX Prime :) Final Cost - $0.00 - had a spare fuse :)

Last edited:
I have one fan motor that doesn't work, I found one on ebay and am going to replace it this weekend.
FYI .. the 'normal' replacement technique is to take the front bumper off to get at it .. which I wasn't crazy about doing. So, I replaced it by removing all the screws/bolts (many of which are hard to even find) to get it out. Others have done the same. It was over 7 years ago now and I wish I had documented it.
Good luck.

Back