• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

#AcuraNSXOnTour

That is a McLaren MP4-12C equipped with a swiss-tuner body kit made by FAB Designs. It was unveiled at a Geneva Auto Show not too long ago but at least 2-3 yrs. That particular show had a few body kits for the MP4 made by Mansory and Gemballa but the Fab kit is the most fitting imo.

mp4-12c_1.png

mp4-12c_2.png

mp4-12c_3.png

mp4-12c_4.png

mp4-12c_5.png

mp4-12c_6.png

mp4-12c_7.png

mp4-12c_8.png

mp4-12c_9.png
Right I see it now. No wonder it looked much like an MP4-12C.
anyway thanks!

Hmm.. The 2013 NAIAS concept car had a much shorter front overhang.

Exotic car these days have short front/rear overhangs, long front/rear overhangs are very 1980's.

Mind your own business coco!

It will be my own decision and I kindly remind you just to mind your own ... business please! LOL

Maybe they have the same or similar length or overhang, but this is where I want to emphasize the new NSX wrong proportions and faulty execution ...

When you look a the 458 Italia front end, it looks good and we instantaneously know that it is a rear midengine exotic sportscar ...

hmmm...i dunno, i keep squinting at this pic and it seems to change before my very eyes :rolleyes:
difference_game.png

Keep in mind that I cherish my beloved NSX from 8 years of ownership now, but let's not kid ourselves here. You're spectating from a computer or mobile phone screen with no sense of 3D perspective. This is what our NSX would look like with a short overhang rear bumper that is the trend of every modern car today and it's hideously unbalanced:

ShortOverhang_zpswypy7rhl.jpg

And then you can see where the 458/488 proportions and the 2013 NAIS NSX proportions stack up. The 458/488 has one of longest noses ever, but people don't complain because it's a Ferrari? I've only looked and studied the proportions of these cars extensively, so I'm not fooled by the optical illusions or have personal bias.

Atleast the production is moving forward. The problems and criticism can be accounted for when the car is actually ready to be reviewed and the future can be shaped then. But most of these complaints I've read are baseless. Again, I'm glad that the car is going to be out soon so that there is something to work with, rather then debating about how Honda could be so great, but they aren't. If Honda fails to deliver when the time comes, then so be it. Hope for the more affordable mid-engine car choices may be rectified by Toyota with their secretive Supra successor that is rumored to be built upon the i8 platform. What happened to the Infiniti/Nissan E-Merge Concept?

But old school heads like effer, wishing Honda would deliver a V8 making 150/per liter NA in the first gen body are living in a fantasy world. Even Ferrari cannot keep the NA V8 in production now. But I am the one that's crazy? Right...

But old school heads like effer, wishing Honda would deliver a V8 making 150/per liter NA in the first gen body are living in a fantasy world. Even Ferrari cannot keep the NA V8 in production now. But I am the one that's crazy? Right...

Again you brilliantly demonstrate how stubborn, lame and intellectually dishonest you are ...

“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.” ― Plato

Did I already tell you how lame and intellectually dishonest you are? LOL

Last edited:
Keep in mind that I cherish my beloved NSX from 8 years of ownership now, but let's not kid ourselves here. You're spectating from a computer or mobile phone screen with no sense of 3D perspective. This is what our NSX would look like with a short overhang rear bumper that is the trend of every modern car today and it's hideously unbalanced:

ShortOverhang_zpswypy7rhl.jpg

And then you can see where the 458/488 proportions and the 2013 NAIS NSX proportions stack up. The 458/488 has one of longest noses ever, but people don't complain because it's a Ferrari? I've only looked and studied the proportions of these cars extensively, so I'm not fooled by the optical illusions or have personal bias.

Yes it has a long nose but at least is is very low. Like I said before, it seems to be a common compromise to either make it a low wedge or a short front overhang. But having neither is just weak.

Can you compare, in scale, the front profile of the "production" NSX to the 458/488 head to head? That would be interesting to see how they stack up. For that matter, you could include the C7 Vette's front if you don't mind.

This has been an interesting discussion. But it's one that has gone on since the HSV and maybe since the original NS-X prototype. All I read is the nose is too long, the nose is to big, the car is too wide, it's not wide enough and my favorite...it doesn't resemble the original or give homage to the original.

First, it's true that it's not like the original in most ways. But if you actually see it in person and sit in it (I have) you will realize that it is similar in a lot of ways. And it looks much better than the pictures. But, NSX 2 is not the same car you or your Dad owns and it was never intended to be. It's a completely different technology. It's a hyper car technology designed for everyday use by introducing new combinations of materials and manufacturing processes and that lives up to the New Sportscar Experimental or experience name. Which takes me to the next point.

Second, the cars you are showing as examples though great looking are not of the same technological era as NSX 2 and a couple of them may never make production at least as they look as prototypes. The reality is that design has to match engineering for the car to meet its performance goals at the targeted price point. Now using cars with similar engineering challenges like the LaFerrari and 918 and you'll see that they have considerable overhang as well but, no one seems to question that. Mainly because Porsche and Ferrari owners expect radical change and state of the art technology. But they don't build Halo cars because at the prices they are selling them they will make money. Halo cars almost never make money on their sales. They make money with brand awareness and the sales of other downstream models with some of the advancements of the halo car incorporated. Like in 91, Acura NSX to Acura Integra or Integra Type R and later the Honda S2000. Unfortunately, IMO, and the couple of dealers I've spoken to, they don't have that yet. The new NSX will not make a direct profit and it's not intended to make a direct profit unless they can find enough people to fork over $150K to build 10,000 units a year.

The bottom line is that the NSX 2 and its type of technology is not for everyone and neither is the cell phone apparently as my dad still doesn't have one because the phone at the house still receives calls. Also, as a side note, the aftermarket body kit designers will have quite a challenge with NSX 2 because every hole and vent on that car is functional and anything that disturbs airflow will change the car's ability to cool itself. Remember Nürburgring?

Last edited:
What I find interesting is the talk on line in the past about how the front of new cars had to be of a certain height to meet pedestrian impact standards.....but it seems looking at the pics of newer exotics that only Audi and Honda are doing that,,,it is puzzling to me..I also understand that the frontal area of the new nsx needs to be large for cooling purposes...

This has been an interesting discussion. But it's one that has gone on since the HSV and maybe since the original NS-X prototype. All I read is the nose is too long, the nose is to big, the car is too wide, it's not wide enough and my favorite...it doesn't resemble the original or give homage to the original.

First, it's true that it's not like the original in most ways. But if you actually see it in person and sit in it (I have) you will realize that it is similar in a lot of ways. And it looks much better than the pictures. But, NSX 2 is not the same car you or your Dad owns and it was never intended to be. It's a completely different technology. It's a hyper car technology designed for everyday use by introducing new combinations of materials and manufacturing processes and that lives up to the New Sportscar Experimental or experience name. Which takes me to the next point.

Second, the cars you are showing as examples though great looking are not of the same technological era as NSX 2 and a couple of them may never make production at least as they look as prototypes. The reality is that design has to match engineering for the car to meet its performance goals at the targeted price point. Now using cars with similar engineering challenges like the LaFerrari and 918 and you'll see that they have considerable overhang as well but, no one seems to question that. Mainly because Porsche and Ferrari owners expect radical change and state of the art technology. But they don't build Halo cars because at the prices they are selling them they will make money. Halo cars almost never make money on their sales. They make money with brand awareness and the sales of other downstream models with some of the advancements of the halo car incorporated. Like in 91, Acura NSX to Acura Integra or Integra Type R and later the Honda S2000. Unfortunately, IMO, and the couple of dealers I've spoken to, they don't have that yet. The new NSX will not make a direct profit and it's not intended to make a direct profit unless they can find enough people to fork over $150K to build 10,000 units a year.

The bottom line is that the NSX 2 and its type of technology is not for everyone and neither is the cell phone apparently as my dad still doesn't have one because the phone at the house still receives calls. Also, as a side note, the aftermarket body kit designers will have quite a challenge with NSX 2 because every hole and vent on that car is functional and anything that disturbs airflow will change the car's ability to cool itself. Remember Nürburgring?

I appreciate your perspective. I am not sure about the others but I am still very excited that Honda is bringing this car out and my comments about its shape are mostly aimed at tweaking the overall appearance. This sentiment is partly fed by the fact that I think the design and styling are very important (specially the "face" as VF mentioned) and if they get it right, it will help guarantee the car's success and therefore Honda's continued investment in developing, improving and refining the car. It is also fed by the fact that this car's styling has been evolving for the last 3 or 4 years and now they have delayed it's production once again. It makes one feel that there is some wiggle room for continued adjustment by Honda and so closet designers like myself are having fun making suggestions.

- - - Updated - - -

What I find interesting is the talk on line in the past about how the front of new cars had to be of a certain height to meet pedestrian impact standards.....but it seems looking at the pics of newer exotics that only Audi and Honda are doing that,,,it is puzzling to me..I also understand that the frontal area of the new nsx needs to be large for cooling purposes...

This is also a great point. And quite honestly, I am not sure how getting hit by a car in the shins is any worse than getting hit in the knees or thighs.

And regarding cooling, they could remove the black plastic "filler" if they needed more cooling. The 918 and the Tesla P85D have a front electric motor and they don't have a high front hood/bumper or excessive vents.

Yes it has a long nose but at least is is very low. Like I said before, it seems to be a common compromise to either make it a low wedge or a short front overhang. But having neither is just weak.

Can you compare, in scale, the front profile of the "production" NSX to the 458/488 head to head? That would be interesting to see how they stack up. For that matter, you could include the C7 Vette's front if you don't mind.

I've already compared it in an earlier post. Just know that the hood line of the NSX is actually lower than the 458/488 and the overall roof height are the same for both cars. The longer, stretched out nose makes it look lower, but in fact it is not. I'll do another one later when I get a chance to sit down.

- - - Updated - - -

Again you brilliantly demonstrate how stubborn, lame and intellectually dishonest you are ...

“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.” ― Plato

Did I already tell you how lame and intellectually dishonest you are? LOL

You quote a philosopher but can't make your own articulated rebuttal to me calling you a day dreamer.

So which is it Prime? Is the NSX too short and fat or too long in the nose. It's being accused of everything:

2017-Acura-NSX-side.jpg

acura-nsx-4911.jpg

P1127737-Acura-NSX-NAIAS-2015-600x338.jpg

Same car. Different angles and cameras. The car has been made to look short/stubby, to medium length, and to long and lean. The truth is that the car is rather quite balance in fact for it look like both polar opposites very much like an average height man can be made to look shorter or very tall and athletic or fat on camera screen depending on the situation/variables.

Wait til you can walk up to it, sit in it, and drive the car. Then we can debate from there. None of this really matters if the car is not fast enough or will break down 3-6 years from now because of unreliable/poorly designed tech. Or even worse, non-existent tech, as in canned again. If we were to only debate the first gen NSX from pictures or quick walk-ups and supposed spec sheets, then I can promise you that it would be nitpicked to death too. However, most of us are enjoying owning one after the experience of driving and detailing one, so it's a different type of euphoria that cannot be garnered from speculation and waiting.

You quote a philosopher but can't make your own articulated rebuttal to me calling you a day dreamer.

Unbelievable. Maybe because I don't give it a s...

Maybe because you prove that either you did not read any of my previous comments nor understand them or you misinterpret them on purpose ... Remember: intellectual dishonesty ... Your point fort!

So which is it Prime? Is the NSX too short and fat or too long in the nose. It's being accused of everything:

Let N Spec God invests us with his absolute truth!!!

Same car. Different angles and cameras. The car has been made to look short/stubby, to medium length, and to long and lean. The truth is ...

''The fondamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. -Bertrand Russell

... that the car is rather quite balance in fact for it look like both polar opposites ...

You mean bipolar disorder ... N Spec? Quite balanced? No, I don't buy it, you act like a stubborn teenage compulsively hormons driven ... LOL

And to prove it, let us wait for your compulsive reply, because, like a stubborn teenager, you always want to have the last word, even though if it is a poor one.

T... I. T.. L... T... I W... R.... T. Y... S..... C....... B...... L... M... T.... S...: N.... A.... W... S..... P....., T... W... D... Y.. D... T. T.... L.... A.. T... B... Y.. W... E......... .

...very much like an average height man can be made to look shorter or very tall and athletic or fat on camera screen depending on the situation/variables.

We are all aware of this . Get to the point. Actually you only tergiverse.

“I love to talk about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about.”
― Oscar Wilde

Wait til you can walk up to it, sit in it, and drive the car. Then we can debate from there. None of this really matters if the car is not fast enough or will break down 3-6 years from now because of unreliable/poorly designed tech. Or even worse, non-existent tech, as in canned again. If we were to only debate the first gen NSX from pictures or quick walk-ups and supposed spec sheets, then I can promise you that it would be nitpicked to death too. However, most of us are enjoying owning one after the experience of driving and detailing one, so it's a different type of euphoria that cannot be garnered from speculation and waiting.

“In one case out of a hundred a point is excessively discussed because it is obscure; in the ninety-nine remaining it is obscure because it is excessively discussed.” ― Edgar Allan Poe

N Spec, you excessively say nothing ...

What can I say? You are ... lame. Educated but lame.

What can I say? You are ... lame. Educated but lame.

Lol, so your last resort is to try and attack me personally, but I don't personally know you so your attempts are feebly wasted. I'm asking you for a real reply to the debate over a car based on pictures and specs when the forum, not as a whole, but in spirit of negativity has been contradicting their thoughts and opinions about car in development for 3, going on 4 years, versus a 20+ year old car that they can personally find tangible and enjoy already.

488NSXCorvett_zpsjxawjvjw.jpg

Both the new Corvette and 458 have taller hoodline than the new NSX. The NSX has lowest possible hoodline that is regulated as shown. The 458 has a long nose to make it appear like it has a thin nose and the Corvette's long front engine hood has the same effect even if the front bumper is short overhang due to the front wheels being pulled towards the tip. The new NSX's controversial front bumper treatment gives it the illusion that it has a stocky hoodline, but in fact it does not. I've talked about this already, but people don't seem to realize it. And then, just recently people want to complain that the hood is too long like a Viper??? Neither of these descriptions are true.

Again, something is better than nothing. The new NSX is supposed to be better than most of the market in terms of performance for the dollar, even if it's out of reach for many pre-owned first gen NSX owners now. The car is ~90% acceptable in present form IMO. The details can be fixed either through oem refresh cycles or aftermarket offerings. I'd rather Acura release one soon with working and competent components, then for them to shelf it again like they did 5-6 years ago and the HSC and start all over. No car is perfect, especially our first gens no matter how much we love it, but this new NSX certainly does not deserve the amount criticism that is thrown at it because Acura as a brand cannot offer a proper V8 or FR platform that many luxury buyers want.

Last edited:
abi in malam rem.....................sadly the only Latin phrase I have left in residual memory :tongue:

Can we steer this back to a discussion of the Tour rather than a discussion of what we like/dislike about the car? I just want updates on the tour and the surrounding post noise is making that difficult.

I encourage you to start a separate thread to discuss separate topics.

pig Latin......not a dead language

Carpe post mortum. Which is what this thread has become.

I find it funny how long they have promoted this car yet still has yet to hit dealerships.

It took 5 yrs to develop the original. We're in year 4 on the new one. Only difference is the original wasn't announced or shown to the public until it was nearly finished.

I've seen people all up in arms over the overhang seen here. Clearly there is distortion at the edges of this picture. Look at how the front wheels are out of round. Could be normal barrel distortion (like your photos with people's heads stretched) or some post-processing with something like PTlens to straighten out the walls on the Acura display. Whatever the cause, the overhang is misrepresented (exaggerated).

I've seen people all up in arms over the overhang seen here. Clearly there is distortion at the edges of this picture. Look at how the front wheels are out of round. Could be normal barrel distortion (like your photos with people's heads stretched) or some post-processing with something like PTlens to straighten out the walls on the Acura display. Whatever the cause, the overhang is misrepresented (exaggerated).

Great point. Looking at the wheels you can also see that the front wheels are larger than the rears despite the fact that they are nearly the same distance from the camera and the back wheels are, in reality, larger than the fronts.

The latest pix from the media drives show some great photos with a fairly short front overhang. Could still be shorter and lower but its not nearly as bad as I was thinking.

Back