• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

#AcuraNSXOnTour

Seeing this and other threads of the new NSX is great news. I love the looks of the car.

In a few years there will be one in my garage.

image.jpgIt's not a tour per se. The test engineers are taking a very long road trip. I met some of them yesterday. People have been stalking them and one of the engineers is actually posting pictures in Instagram but he said he was done his portion of the test yesterday.

Wow, some angles on this new car just look absolutely fantastic.

New NSX

Not long ago they had the new NSX at the Honda Jet facility and allowed the employees who wanted to, have their picture of it next to one of the flight test aircraft.
I'm trying to get some pictures of that as I work here.

Cheers
nigel

The R8 and 911 are part of the tour as well as a couple of MDXs. I'm sure the sports cars are for day to day livability comparison on long road trips. I saw one of the drivers putting a duffel bag in the frunk of the 911 before they departed.

This video shows the same R8 and 911 parked in front of a Honda company building. As others have noted it seems like these two competing cars keep making it into many of the pictures. I'm sure they consider the visual association to be a good thing.

But what about that MDX? Why would they benchmark it and/or why would they want customers to associate it with the NSX? Since the MDX is Acura's best selling vehicle and more expensive than most other Acuras, do you think they believe MDX owners are the most likely existing customers to buy an NSX?

- - - Updated - - -

sorry if its been discussed but does the exterior door handle "present themselves" like a Tesla?

Here's a video showing how the door handle operates. It looks a bit awkward relative to Tesla. However I suspect this non-motorized design is far less likely to experience failure. Tesla door handles appear to be notorious for failing.

https://twitter.com/gregpew/status/620006767389446144

- - - Updated - - -

Video of engine revving. Sounds like a mutant high tech, high revving sewing machine. Very thin with little bass or grunt. Muscle car lovers will hate this.

This video shows the same R8 and 911 parked in front of a Honda company building. As others have noted it seems like these two competing cars keep making it into many of the pictures. I'm sure they consider the visual association to be a good thing.

But what about that MDX? Why would they benchmark it and/or why would they want customers to associate it with the NSX? Since the MDX is Acura's best selling vehicle and more expensive than most other Acuras, do you think they believe MDX owners are the most likely existing customers to buy an NSX?

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a video showing how the door handle operates. It looks a bit awkward relative to Tesla. However I suspect this non-motorized design is far less likely to experience failure. Tesla door handles appear to be notorious for failing.

https://twitter.com/gregpew/status/620006767389446144

- - - Updated - - -

Video of engine revving. Sounds like a mutant high tech, high revving sewing machine. Very thin with little bass or grunt. Muscle car lovers will hate this.

I think the MDXs are the mules, carrying luggage and the like, for the drivers and engineers. They could even be monitoring telemetry from the cars as they drive.

The NSX engine certainly sounds much better in person than in those videos.

Last edited:
9dcd65c91dc815d30e17e6c507964fcd.jpg
79ec7adde6ac8b3ac5eee63b80b41acb.jpg
Fun at Miller Motorsports Park

White92,
In the first photo in the last post #113 , the wheels look goofy to me. I hope those are "optional" wheels and the black ones they have been seen tooling across the US are the production "base" version for they look much better to me.

Black doesnt really do the car justice. I really thought it would.

- - - Updated - - -

NSX door handles operate exactly the same way as the GT-R's.

Thumb out - press end, catch other end that pivots with free fingers. The GT-R handles pivot at their rearward end.

Since the car is made in the U.S., it's fitting that it looks best in red, white, and blue.

I hope those mirrors fold in though.

attachment.php

This 3/4 front pic right here should bring people into reality about how modern the new NSX looks compared to the one made over a quarter century ago... While the first front view shows the evolution and relationship of the two.

- - - Updated - - -

attachment.php

Evolution and relationship between the two [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Do you see dead people too?

They wanted it to look more like an egg that has been carved up and less like a proper sports car shaped by the wind.

Back