• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Advan RZ and KW 3

Some pics....Thanks to Bryan (i101i1010101010101...) and Chris_Nsx for everything.

photo (1).jpg

photo (2).jpg

photo (3).jpg

_MG_1609.jpg

_MG_1610.jpg

_MG_1611.jpg.

Bryan - your camera is worth every $(of yours!).

Attachments

• _MG_1615.jpg
    _MG_1615.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 298
Last edited:
Nice wheels. :) front and rear does not look balanced. I would probably lower the front more so it's more even with the back.

I cannot agree more. I may end up lifting back though I like it lowered. I scrape in/out of almost any place including my house.

Actually I don't mind the look of the rear lower, it's very practical too.

Actually I don't mind the look of the rear lower, it's very practical too.

IMHO, I think it looks weird. Reverse "raked" look. Some scraping here and there isn't a big deal IMHO (if it's just the front lip). If OP doesn't want to lower front, I say raise the rear a tad to match the front.

Last edited:
I'm with synth19 on this one. Either lower the front, or raise the rear. The car looks like it's going to take off for flight, and that's not a good thing!. . unless of course, you have one of Angus' turbo kits. . :biggrin:

Replace your front lip too....it looks like it is on its way out.....that also looks like the pre-97 lip too.

Your car looks great! Congratz!

Been looking at these wheels for a while now. Still haven't pulled the trigger. Curious of the sizes and offsets?

This the first mod so far. Everything was bone stock. I messed up come out of a shop on the lip the same day I took pics. I want to lower front instead of lifting rear. However, the KW V3 are set to minimum so not sure.

Bryan - I told you we need to lower front but you are correct about it is too low already. What do we do?

They are 17/18 Hypersilver and offsets are 37/35 F/R I think. You can go 45/35 based on brake clearance if you want.

I don't like them as much in pics or looking them straight. In person, they are much better esp. from any angle other than straight.

85% satisfied with looks of wheels. Unfortunately, I did not like any other even close.

I was more worried about Color than anything else and it turned out fine just like chris nsx said.

Last edited:
Welcome to the world of trying & find the right lowering height, related alignment woes, corner balancing and, uneven tire wear :wink:

Most important: how does the car drive with the KW3, can you compare with other suspension setups?
Share your experiences!!

I'm sure the KW v3 is incredible at speed but how is the ride at 5-20 mph? My Bilsteins will bounce me out of the seat (well not really but they are too hard at low speed).

This the first mod so far. Everything was bone stock. I messed up come out of a shop on the lip the same day I took pics. I want to lower front instead of lifting rear. However, the KW V3 are set to minimum so not sure.

Bryan - I told you we need to lower front but you are correct about it is too low already. What do we do?

They are 17/18 Hypersilver and offsets are 37/35 F/R I think. You can go 45/35 based on brake clearance if you want.

I don't like them as much in pics or looking them straight. In person, they are much better esp. from any angle other than straight.

85% satisfied with looks of wheels. Unfortunately, I did not like any other even close.

I was more worried about Color than anything else and it turned out fine just like chris nsx said.
Did you follow KW's recommended method to set the ride height?

The rear of the car is too low IMO, and I think the front can be lowered. It dosn't look like the front is at KW's minimum recommended ride height.

Measure the ride height at the front and rear jack points. Make sure the front jack point is 1/16 to 1/4" lower than the rear jack point. Make sure the coilovers are the same length Right to Left - align the car - and you're set. That will get you close in terms of corner balancing.

Here's my ride height with the KW V3s, 17x7.5 (235/40-17) and 18x9.5 (265/35-18):

BillyNSXps2.jpg

Did you follow KW's recommended method to set the ride height?

The rear of the car is too low IMO, and I think the front can be lowered. It dosn't look like the front is at KW's minimum recommended ride height.

Measure the ride height at the front and rear jack points. Make sure the front jack point is 1/16 to 1/4" lower than the rear jack point. Make sure the coilovers are the same length Right to Left - align the car - and you're set. That will get you close in terms of corner balancing.

Here's my ride height with the KW V3s, 17x7.5 (235/40-17) and 18x9.5 (265/35-18):

Thank you. I followed the instructions (pics and numbers) that came with the pack and they are in German I think. I may PM you to understand properly about the settings. If you have any ref link to share that is accurate please share. Thanks again!

Most important: how does the car drive with the KW3, can you compare with other suspension setups?
Share your experiences!!

It's better than stock as of now. Very smooth but firm compared to stock. I am sure it can be firmed up. May be if I go FI. JIC and JRZ seem hard when I took a ride in friends cars in the past though I don't know the setting they are in. Don't like the Yellow and Purple combination :eek: though I don't see it often.

Last edited:
I'm sure the KW v3 is incredible at speed but how is the ride at 5-20 mph? My Bilsteins will bounce me out of the seat (well not really but they are too hard at low speed).

Good and same in all speeds. Honestly, did not drive beyond 80mph so far on it so when you say speed not sure.

Back