• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Advice on my situation with my NSX

At ur rate you mind as well drive it. When i had my z and bike i was fine but when the z got lemoned i thought it was my chance. The nsx now costs me what my bike and car cost b4. So now with my nsx at 550, the bike at 200 and insurance of 130 you can do the math on my situation working part time lol. Im tryn to sell the bike but everyone keeps low balln me like you. So i just stay firm on the price and drive the bike. No point in letting it sit if im paying for it. I also have state farm and to the person paying 75 yes, being 60 with a good record is what you have lol. Im 24 but perfect record and i think its at 93 month full coverage. I guess worst case get a crap insurance you see advertised...

Steve,

Don't dispare, even if you have to get a second job to make sure you don't default, do it. This will pass. Hold firm on the price and tell em all to go jump! That's easy to say I know - but man, nothing screws your credit like defaulting! That ain't good. Take it on the chin, get busy, hold to 18k and go on with life even if it's a hard up hill deal - it will pass! All things come to he who waits - remember that. It sucks - deal with it - and I don't mean to sound harsh at all. I fully sympathize. I'm on your side and I hope this works out for you - don't let this get you down. Hang on dude! We're all pulling for you. Good luck!

Steve,

Don't dispare, even if you have to get a second job to make sure you don't default, do it. This will pass. Hold firm on the price and tell em all to go jump! That's easy to say I know - but man, nothing screws your credit like defaulting! That ain't good. Take it on the chin, get busy, hold to 18k and go on with life even if it's a hard up hill deal - it will pass! All things come to he who waits - remember that. It sucks - deal with it - and I don't mean to sound harsh at all. I fully sympathize. I'm on your side and I hope this works out for you - don't let this get you down. Hang on dude! We're all pulling for you. Good luck!

thanks for the support. i just dont have the money to make payments waiting for a higher bidder.

for any guys who dont have kids: you have absolutely NO IDEA how frikn expensive they are. pisses me right the f off. formula, diapers, doctor copays, clothes, toys, the electric bill has tripled in the summertime ($297) for a tiny little house. frikn ridiculous. and we set it at 79 degrees. water bill is $90, even after i fixed the leaky toilet. groceries $100 lasts us maybe 5 days despite my wife is a coupon warrior. a software engineer should be able to afford more. the money just hemmorages out as soon as it comes in. disgusting.

so yea i get pissed when i can only manage to get cheap ass $16k offers. its not like the car got hit by a semi:

6xu8u0.jpg

15gwdn7.jpg

the car didnt drive straight at first but turns out it was the tires. drives straight and perfect now.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your situation. My advise is to post an ad on prime to see if there may be a local buyer interested in your aftermarket parts. You may be able to recoup some of the funds by swapping back to OEM. Most people toss out NA1 headers and exhausts. The issue will be time (I have a newborn also and every minute goes to her).

Otherwise, 18K is not an unfair price (especially if you can document the accidents as minor). If you have another car, cut your insurance to just "storage" and work it out with your insurance company to save the $200 a month until you find a buyer.

BTW, I HATE people who think cash is justification to low ball you. Not like you are going to take a credit card, coupons, food stamps or any other form of payment? If the guy has 16K in cash/bank check lying around to buy a 20 year old car, somehow I think he could find a way to come up with 2k more if he wanted to.

Either way, best of luck.

-bill

It actually does look like a pretty good hit, I don't know if I would be showing those pics unless a potential buyer wanted to see them.

Tim already said it, check State Farm, I checked everywhere and they were the cheapest by far, for me anyway. If that doesn't work try collector car insurance which was already mentioned.

I'm thinking 16k is right on the money with this NSX, considering the prior damage and mileage. It's a great time to buy not sell. I sold my 92 in December with 109k perfect car with service history and it brought $16400 on EBAY, because it showed on CARFAX/AUTOCHECK that it was stolen 15years ago, and recovered within days with no damage.

I would try to relist on EBAY 1 more time, but this time put a buy it now of $19500 or best offer. Set it to reject any offers under $16000 and accept any offers of $18000. In my experience of selling on EBAY this works a lot better then the regular auction. You weed out the fakers and dreamers.

In the mean time I'd try to bump the other buyers a little bit $16500_$16700 and put the rest on a card or borrow from family/friends. It just seems this is putting a big strain on you and your family. You can always look back on it and say "I owned an NSX" most people never get to.

Best wishes.

My advice is to remove those pictures. Those pictures will not help you get a higher offer.

You still need to be honest and disclose as much as possible, but I would tell people that I don't have pictures of the accident. Just describe the damage.

I would remove the part about the aftermarket coil pack. I doubt it would be a deal breaker. Your just give buyers more reason not to buy your car. Or just buy a used coilpack for $20 and be done with it. It doesn't matter if the coil packs is for the FR or RR.

If fact, I might have an extra one here. What is your address? I will send it to you. I'll even pay for the shipping. Just PM me your address.

Also, try craigslist.

Last edited:
My advice is to remove those pictures. Those pictures will not help you get a higher offer.

You still need to be honest and disclose as much as possible, but I would tell people that I don't have pictures of the accident. Just describe the damage.

I would remove the part about the aftermarket coil pack. I doubt it would be a deal breaker. Your just give buyers more reason not to buy your car. Or just buy a used coilpack for $20 and be done with it. It doesn't matter if the coil packs is for the FR or RR.

If fact, I might have an extra one here. What is your address? I will send it to you. I'll even pay for the shipping. Just PM me your address.

Also, try craigslist.

that is super nice of you. thanks.

well those pics of the accident i only put up here, not on the ebay ad. but i debated putting them on the ebay ad. i just have this philosophy to be as honest as possible. if you look at the damage, it just bent up the quarter panel, and most people know how easy it is to bend the suspension, a minor swipe with a curb can require total replacement of all arms back there. so a car coming in at a 45 deg angle could do that at pretty low speed. like someone said whats important is the car drives perfectly straight and neutral.

i did second chance the $17.2k guy but it was too late he commited to another one.

mknmoves, your name seems familiar, were you one of the bidders recently?

im getting different opinions what people think the car is worth. that's what im mainly interested in reading here.

thanks everyone. i think ill relist with the buy now options like mentioned.

I actually did bid on the car, but I think I low balled you!

The problem is tha the car has alot of miles on it and for the price you ask you could get one with alot less. I sold one of my NSX's with 98k miles on it for a little more than you are asking. There are alot of NSX's out there with around 100K miles on them that are only a little more than you want for yours. I hate to tell you this but you might want to take one of the low offers they are giving you.

Vamp is pretty much right.

I've been doing some research on here to help you out with what you can get. From what I can tell from sales from other NSX's sold with high miles... you're ok with asking 18k especially with most of the maintenance done. But the fact that it's been in 2 accidents really hurts the resale regardless of how good the repair is. Clean titles with high miles have been sold for similar prices. It sucks that you can't get 18k but their offers of 16k aren't farfetched. The whole situation is terrible but I hope it works out.

If my current car sells, you'll be hearing from me :smile:

Last edited:
Honestly, it's difficult to tell anything from that video. You can't see the interior, the body panel alignment, paint quality, color matching, etc. I'm sure, though, that's it's a pretty nice car and probably worth more than you have been offered. Your problem is that you are in a tight financial bind and will likely have to settle for what local buyers can get it for cheaply.

Did the prices go down recently? A friend here in San Jose, CA just bought a beautiful early model car for $32K with some great mods (header, short gears, wheels). Your car, with it's history and your financial needs, seems to be worth only what someone can low-ball it from you for.

you have to click the download button to see in full quality. if you want the best detail, you have to look at the pics in the ebay ads i posted earlier.

yea i looked around and found the same prices, to my surprise. did NSX value go down dramatically recently?

Yeah, unfortunately everything is worth less in this economy. A sports car is a frill, especially if you have a middle class family. And unfortunately, anyone looking at a 15-20k sports car is probably middle class. Anyone with more money is looking for a newer model, and people who want a track car are looking at salvage or beaters.

With current economy, it is tough to sell luxury type items.

Any car with over 100k miles on it seems to scare people away, add another 50k miles and they really begin to get very skiddish. Even if it is a very well engineered Honda NSX.

$18k to get you out of the car seems like it should be doable. It's a tough sellers market out there.

I know when the cop who pulled me over and saw my bill of sale and a friend I told who owned a used car dealership saw how much I paid or my ball park figure, they both looked at me like I was nuts to pay that for a 91 Acura (it was 17 years old at that time). My friend who saw it later, didn't think it was out of line. He didn't know what a Acura NSX was, he more or less deals on low end used cars.

Anyway, the best advise with wife and young ones with tight financial obligations is to sell. Kids are expensive and wife and family are more important than a car.

I had motorcycles, sports cars, then came the kids. The bike went in a hurry, the sport car took a little longer. Eventually it was minivans, etc. Life's priorities change. But I'm back to having a toy, NSX. As much as I love it, if times got tough or if it cause relationship issues, it would be gone.

You will be able to get another one some day if decide that's what you want. Maybe even a nicer one.

As for life... it is a great adventure, wild roller coaster ride. Lots of ups and downs at times. But nothing is permanent on this side of eternity. Everything changes. Learn to just hang on and enjoy the ride :smile:

And life isn't fair. The sooner we come to accept that fact, the easier it is to let things go. Even though deep down we all seem to tend to want justice and what is right. I myself see my need for lots of grace and mercy, so I hold onto mercy triumphs over justice.

We are all pulling for you to get through this okay.

Simplify, reduce some stress, enjoy your wife and child and the gift of life. There will be other cars.

And as for the expense of kids... just wait until they head off for college. :biggrin:

I want to comment on something I've seen lately, and while I don't wish to step on anyone's toes, I feel the need to say something :
It seems that on alot of advice threads lately, there's this general tone of "Well I decided to settle down, so I had to get rid of the toys." I'm paraphrasing here, but I think you guys get my drift. I.M.O., a sportscar hobby is one of the most family friendly hobbies around. Let me back up here. I got divorced over 10 years ago. And while I can blame many factors on my marriage ending, I think something that definetly didn't help my marriage was my hobby; Spearfishing. When I wasn't making spearguns, or talking to my friends for hours on end about dive trips, I was in the water. Even on days when I took my wife to the beach, I still spent most of my time away from her, because she was on the sand and I was in the water. With cars, you get up early on weekends and cruise to a local car show. You B.S. with your buds for a few hours, then hit Starbucks or a donut shop on the way home. You have a nice ride to take the woman out on the town every once in a while, and everyone's happy. Your kids can also get more into cars as they get older. Now the O.P. of this thread has some financial issues that need to be worked out, but I just don't like reading some of the advice (I know it's well intended) I'm reading.

Last edited:
Simplify, reduce some stress, enjoy your wife and child and the gift of life. There will be other cars.

And as for the expense of kids... just wait until they head off for college. :biggrin:

My kids will have to pay for their own college (just like I did), I'm keeping my cars!

My kids will have to pay for their own college (just like I did), I'm keeping my cars!

I more or less agree with that.. .even though I put the comment to wait until they reach college. I had them search and work for any free money they can find, grants, scholarships, etc. As for myself, my parents got off the hook, I paid for some and my employer picked up a fair amount of my educational expense.

As for keeping your cars.. it appears you have already gotten rid of three NSX's, one stollen (ouch!) :smile: But apparently keep coming back.

On the previous post before... I probably came across as get rid of the toys if it affects relationship and adds too much financial stress. I believe if you can keep the toy/hobbie that is awesome. People definitely need outside interests to make life enjoyable. In my case, I chose to lay some of the things I wanted down for awhile, for what I saw as to be a greater benefit to others at the time. That is just the way I handled my situation. For me personally, I don't enjoy the stress of debt. But we all handle stress differently and look at debt differently, life differently etc.

I'm going to see if I can't locate my flame resistant suit now and see if I can't stay cool. :cool:

- Rod

Last edited:
Back