• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ages of NSX owners

Good question, let's ask them. Hey old guys, are you stockers or modified?:wink:

I'm 50, a stocker presentlly, but feel like going mod...does that mean I'm actually younger than my chronological age?

p.s. Jett, screw you, youngster!:tongue:

I'm 46 and acquired my NSX 3 years ago. Fell in love with the car when it first came out when I was 28. I was newly married with a baby on the way so it was not within my means then.

Put me in the "Tastefully Modified" category :smile:

Im 26, got her about a year and half ago.

anatoly has almost passed me.... My oldometer just turned 51 this month.

I didn't have the luxury of being able to purchase a NSX when I was 18 or 19, they weren't yet in production. :biggrin:

I did purchase a 70' vette in 78. But I wouldn't have been able to afford a new NSX when they came out either. Out of my league $$$$

I purchased mine at 49. It was postponed a few years because of a divorce (finances). I would highly recommend remaining married if you are.... I wouldn't wish divorce on anybody.

Anyway, I have one now. I have no plans to sell any time soon. Too much fun to own and drive.

It is slightly modified... mostly cosmetic, West Wings body kit, Antera Wheels, Louie Vuitton interior, Computech upper rear stabilizer bar (??? - not sure what it is actually called), all done by the previous owner/owners. You can see my profile.

Bottom line ... my current age is 51 (purchased at 49)

Purchased my 1st NSX right around my 21st birthday ( waited 2 years for funds after getting hooked looking at them in the marketplace ).

Only able to do that at this age with military backing, so these 18, 19, and 20yr old stories confound me. :confused:

It's interesting to note the stock vs. modified conversation in reference to owners' age.

I actually had my NSX converted back to OEM after a few mods the previous owner had done. When I sold her, she had aftermarket headers and a Taitec JGTC Parallel, but was riding on OEM 91 wheels and had zero other mods :biggrin: I'm a big purist. I wanted the car the way Honda had made it.

Looking for my 2nd NSX after flight school. Hopefully a Formula/black or Kaiser/black NA2 :cool:

56 this june. this is my second nsx and, truthfully, i think i should sell it due to lack of use. (i drive it maybe 1,000 miles a year; i drive maybe 3,000 total miles per year car / yukon / motorcycle.)

i'm very pleased to see more than a few seasoned owners raise their hands.

hal

28, purchased last year, thank god since we have a little one on the way.:biggrin:

And damn, how can all these youngsters afford these cars? I've wanted one since high school, but couldn't afford one until now.

Back