• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Alomost stolen in Jersey...

Hello, needless to say sunday was not a good day for me. had my '96 out for a sunday drive, 5:30pm bright sunshine 65 degrees. stop in Modells to return some sneakers with the little lady. in the store for 20 minutes came out and to my surprise my car was broken into. door lock drivers side gone igintion gone. security guard patroling lot got info from passerby that by car was about to be stolen. thank god for the passerby. call police and they told me that a lexus was stolen a hour before from up the road and two hondas had been stolen early in the day. got car started and drove home. need to know hard it is to replace igintion and door lock. acura of springfield, nj told me 5 hour labor at $80 per hour and $400 for parts. please help. for all you jerseyans it happen on RT 22 in Union at Modell's. for all others just be careful there are a bunch of assholes out there... alexis...

------------------
92 ACURA VIGOR
98 ACURA 3.5RL
96 ACURA NSX

Yea, New Jersey it is
frown.gif

The same thing happen to me in Jersey Gardens Mall in Elizabeth. I got out for a haircut for 40min and I park near the main entrance 5 cars from it. When I came back my driver side door was f.... up. There was a hole the size of baseball around the luck. They could not open the door so they try to get around it and f.... up my whole door sheel $1,400 but did not get to the ignition. I have set up traps in the car so the engine will not startup but vandalism is a diffrent story.

What I did I figure it will be cheaper to eliminate the lucks going forward on and open the car by remote. My father is a body worker with 30years experiance so he help me patch it up
smile.gif
He works in D&V auto body shop in Newark. They do a nice work there.

I bean on r22 and I know it is not to safe
frown.gif

BTW are you going to LimeRock on May 25th??
Maybe we will meet.

no, i can't make it but i will take you up on the meeting. first, i have to get the car fix. i was luckly. they didn't mess the door up at all just pop the lock right out of the hole with alittle sratch. dealer also told me door lock is on back order won't have till next week. guess i won't be sporting it around for holiday. any dealer's and names of people that might be able to help me out quicker???

------------------
92 ACURA VIGOR
98 ACURA 3.5RL
96 ACURA NSX

Yeah, this is the main reason why it's tough to consider the NSX as a daily driver.

There's just too many places where you can't take this car. Either it's vandalism, risk of theft or bozos who park next to your car and ding your doors.

For those considering the NSX as your only car, this is the main reason why you need a beater.

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
Looking for 76-79 Honda Accords

the sad thing is it is not my daily driver (92 vigor is) and i still had this problem. spoke to gina at neillo acura and she told me this is a project to do. recoding, of keys so they all match etc. plus the $800-$900 price tag. what you gonna do. guess i will not have a fun holiday weekend after all...

------------------
92 ACURA VIGOR
98 ACURA 3.5RL
96 ACURA NSX

Springfield Acura on r22 is pretty good I get my stuff from Frank at %15 off but it takes time to order.

But go online to http://www.acuraautomotiveparts.net they have a big supply of parts for NSX and if they have it they might be able to over night the parts to you
smile.gif
I order my parts from they.

Have you tried Monclair Acura? The service there is pretty good, give them a try.

------------------
'98-T Kaiser Silver/Black

I beg to differ. Based on my experience, the service at Montclair Acura stinks.

I've had good service at the dealer in Wayne, though.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 20 May 2002).]

Oops sorry.
It's just that a relative of mine owns the dealership so I "assumed" it was decent. Guess not.

------------------
'98-T Kaiser Silver/Black

Sorry to hear about the whole incident...

It’s sad but especially in that area, cars have been found striped and gutted for everything. My girlfriend car was stolen last Nov. in front of my house; they found the car 5 hours later, totally stripped.

However the amount of cars we saw at the Newark pound that morning was incredible... You name it no car was safe…

It’s a shame and really suxs to have a nice car sometimes. People should be more respectful rather than take the easy way out and take some ones pride and joy.

So I understand how you feel. Hope you get your car fixed soon.

BTW who is going up to Limerock on the 25th? I just got back in town and did not sign up for early registration, so I guess I'll just show up. Is the NE NSX club going to have its usual parking spot? Please let me know any details and if people are going to drive up Sat morning? I emailed Peter Mills a few days back, but have heard nothing back yet.

Thanks and see you there.

-newtyp
I'm going to LimeRock this saturday I don't know if they are meeting on the way. But I would not mind going in a group drive to the track
smile.gif

Hey Guys,

We are planning a drive up to LimeRock. Usually we meet is Brewster, NY and drive up that way. Peter has been at Watkins Glen for the last two days, he will probably respond this evening.

Loking forward to meeting you guys. Should be a fun day. We are having lunch in the paddock with Peter Cunningham and the ReaTime NSX racing team.

See ya there.

LarryB

Hey Guys,

We are planning a drive up to LimeRock. Usually we meet is Brewster, NY and drive up that way. Peter has been at Watkins Glen for the last two days, he will probably respond this evening.

Looking forward to meeting you guys. Should be a fun day. We are having lunch in the paddock with Peter Cunningham and the ReaTime NSX racing team.

See ya there.

LarryB

and I am selling my daily driver to get a nsx as a daily driver...I'll take my chances and take out all the relays n' stuff if I am to park it...hehehe

As far as cost to fix, I can only tell you what was involved when fixing my ignition lock on my civic. The part was about $180 (25% off from Ray Laks Acura) and was fairly easy to install. Comes with two break away bolts. I had the ignition rekeyed at the local locksmith to match door keys for $35. The actual install took less than an hour. Of course, the NSX will involve more time and money.

Originally posted by Macster:
As far as cost to fix, I can only tell you what was involved when fixing my ignition lock on my civic. The part was about $180 (25% off from Ray Laks Acura) and was fairly easy to install. Comes with two break away bolts. I had the ignition rekeyed at the local locksmith to match door keys for $35. The actual install took less than an hour. Of course, the NSX will involve more time and money.

What kind of civic? On my old civic, (1998 2dr) someone broke into my car and from the looks of it, stuck pliers inside the ignition. I went to a junkyard, got the part for 35 bucks, then went to a locksmith and got it rekeyed for 15. Guess I'm lucky I got off cheap this time!

i had my passenger side door lock ripped out by some thug and i replaced it ,,,,if u can tell me about this re keying thing to make it work with the same key email me pleaseeeeeee at acura nsx pilot @aol.com

Those that live in high risk areas consider a extended range 2 Way alarm - with proximity/radar sensor. I have it on one of my cars and its great. Won't stop your car from getting jacked but its one way to be preventive.

I would NEVER take the X to a mall, sporting goods, etc... I would take it for cruises, X meets, dates, and to fancy restaurants. I've dealt with car break ins before and it's not fun..It gives you a headache. :mad:

jgtcnsx said:
ahhh thats new jersey for you.
I spent most of last week in New Jersey with my NSX. The fall foliage was gorgeous (should be hitting its peak about now) and the gas prices were cheap (well... cheaper than elsewhere, anyway).

Re: Alomost(sp) stolen in Jersey...

nsxtasy said:
I spent most of last week in New Jersey with my NSX. The fall foliage was gorgeous (should be hitting its peak about now) and the gas prices were cheap (well... cheaper than elsewhere, anyway).

thanks for the 24k plug, ken!!!
you've got the bulls,hawks,cubs,& bears!!!!

other than the devils, i love this state
[for now....]

at njds in newark, 25 outa 75 classmates had
cars STOLEN in my class, & most had break-ins.
i was one of the unlucky 25.... an early supra
with pop-up lights :(

unleaded super@ $2.03 today....
thank god we now have geico

Back