• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ancient Aliens

Anybody here seen or following this series by History Channel?

I love this series, many of the evidence are very convincing that earth was visited by the aliens long time ago.

Even for non-believers I still recommend it because it's a really fun and educational show to watch.

I loved that show.... Makes you think? I can spend a whole day on the history channel whenever there's a marathon going on. Kodos to you
:biggrin:

Wow.. very interesting thread and a topic that I've always been fascinated by. I see that Netflix has the first 2 seasons -- can't wait to get home so I can start watching :)

I love watching this series, but every time I tune in it's a rerun, I don't think they are making any new one, been watching a lot of wheeler dealer and storage war as of late

I love watching this series, but every time I tune in it's a rerun, I don't think they are making any new one, been watching a lot of wheeler dealer and storage war as of late

As NetViper mentioned, it was moved to H2. A new seaosn started back in Feb 2012 and ended in May 2012 (10 episodes). They are now on reruns but still on H2.

As NetViper mentioned, it was moved to H2. A new seaosn started back in Feb 2012 and ended in May 2012 (10 episodes). They are now on reruns but still on H2.

I think they are running out of ideas at this point. :biggrin:

Finally saw ep1, pretty good.

Dunno if this is covered in any of the episodes... but has anyone considered the possibility that any assistance we may have received from advanced beings... was actually assistance from ancient humans and not ET's? Look how much we have advanced in let's say the past 2500 years. It's a tiny fraction of time, but the advances have been immense.

Is it possible that humans had advanced similar to where we are today, but were wiped out in some calamity... whether a global pandemic disease, an impact event, or mass extinction caused by geomagnetic reversal (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geomagnetic_reversal) lets say 5000-10000 years ago?

Is it possible that some small group of advanced humans managed to survive this in some shelter... isolated from the rest of the world while pockets of survivors in the wild degraded back to a more primitive lifestyle and lost their knowledge?

The small group of sheltered survivors could have come out to try and help the "wild" population many years later... and would have appeared as gods and miracle workers... curing the ill, imparting advanced knowledge, flying on machines, etc.

Why don't we have evidence of such an advanced civilization and ancient humans? Well for starters, they would still have been homo sapiens sapiens, so we would not expect to find any bones or fossil records that would trigger a flag.

The bigger question for me is how long do we think our structures and knowledge would remain if there were a global catastrophic event? If we lost the ability to generate power, and people were focused on just staying alive, I think we would lose our current knowledge in a few hundred years and devolve into a baser civilization.

But what about the structures? Surely all of the stuff we have built from granite/marble/iron would still be around (maybe buried... but waiting to be found). This is the part that makes me question this hypothesis .. if there were ancient humans that were more advanced, then surely we would have some evidence of their structures?

Finally saw ep1, pretty good.

Dunno if this is covered in any of the episodes... but has anyone considered the possibility that any assistance we may have received from advanced beings... was actually assistance from ancient humans and not ET's? Look how much we have advanced in let's say the past 2500 years. It's a tiny fraction of time, but the advances have been immense.

Is it possible that humans had advanced similar to where we are today, but were wiped out in some calamity... whether a global pandemic disease, an impact event, or mass extinction caused by geomagnetic reversal (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geomagnetic_reversal) lets say 5000-10000 years ago?

Is it possible that some small group of advanced humans managed to survive this in some shelter... isolated from the rest of the world while pockets of survivors in the wild degraded back to a more primitive lifestyle and lost their knowledge?

The small group of sheltered survivors could have come out to try and help the "wild" population many years later... and would have appeared as gods and miracle workers... curing the ill, imparting advanced knowledge, flying on machines, etc.

Why don't we have evidence of such an advanced civilization and ancient humans? Well for starters, they would still have been homo sapiens sapiens, so we would not expect to find any bones or fossil records that would trigger a flag.

The bigger question for me is how long do we think our structures and knowledge would remain if there were a global catastrophic event? If we lost the ability to generate power, and people were focused on just staying alive, I think we would lose our current knowledge in a few hundred years and devolve into a baser civilization.

But what about the structures? Surely all of the stuff we have built from granite/marble/iron would still be around (maybe buried... but waiting to be found). This is the part that makes me question this hypothesis .. if there were ancient humans that were more advanced, then surely we would have some evidence of their structures?

Entirely possible. If you've only seen episode 1, most of the points that you bring up as well as possible answers are discussed in later episodes. There are huge structures all over the world that exist. Some underwater.

Just catching up on this thread and realized P.C. has passed away ....:frown:

I'm glad this series is back and pleasantly surprised after so many seasons they are still keeping this topic so interesting.

It looks like a lot of people dig this show. I'll have to start watching it.

I wonder when, maybe 100,000 years from now, we're able to visit other inhabited planets, what would we do?
Say if the life forms weren't able to write or talk yet, but we wanted to leave future generations there a hint that they're not alone.
How would you do it?
You would want something that couldn't be built by humans so people question it's existence, something that couldn't be lost(not small), that would last thousands of years, and you would likely want to use native materials since you're not carrying lots of stuff most likely.
Not saying pyramids are built by aliens, but if they ever did visit, I would think that's the type of thing they would logically build.

One thing that blows my mind is the thought that some civilizations out there could be 1billion+ years ahead of us.
We just invented the first space shuttle 40 years ago..... lol

It looks like a lot of people dig this show. I'll have to start watching it.

I wonder when, maybe 100,000 years from now, we're able to visit other inhabited planets, what would we do?
Say if the life forms weren't able to write or talk yet, but we wanted to leave future generations there a hint that they're not alone.
How would you do it?
You would want something that couldn't be built by humans so people question it's existence, something that couldn't be lost(not small), that would last thousands of years, and you would likely want to use native materials since you're not carrying lots of stuff most likely.
Not saying pyramids are built by aliens, but if they ever did visit, I would think that's the type of thing they would logically build.

One thing that blows my mind is the thought that some civilizations out there could be 1billion+ years ahead of us.
We just invented the first space shuttle 40 years ago..... lol

New Season began last Monday and will be every Monday on the History Channel at 9p

I saw a show about Randelsham forest in the UK... where the dude actually touched a UFO and had binary code imprinted in his mind... they decoded it to say that "Aliens" are just super evolved humans coming back in time to explore their "ancient relatives".... fascinating stuff!

http://www.therendleshamforestincident.com/Binary_Code_Cover_Page.php

You older guys who have been around for a while will get it... :smile:

600_crop-circles-vs-helicopters-3003.jpg

:rolleyes:

Hugh is proof that aliens walk among us.

Back