• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any NsX vendor will create this Scuderia rear for my 02+ rear bumper?

For some reason, I like it on the widebody.
Being narrow to fit the stock rear lines take away ALOT.

The rear of the NSX is just to narrow for that style, but I still want to see the final product.

-MSR

For some reason, I like it on the widebody.
Being narrow to fit the stock rear lines take away ALOT.

The rear of the NSX is just to narrow for that style, but I still want to see the final product.

-MSR

I was thinking the same too. I covered the sides of the widebody NSX and the lower part of the bumper just make the rear of the NSX look square and tall.

FXMD/Ken/Billy/Coz/whoever...

Build it and I'll definitely take one. I've got the taitec center-exit, so I'm interested in keeping that setup but will gladly sell my taitec if I am forced to for this rear end.

**bookmarked**

EDIT: will the material be fiberglass or some kind of FRP resin impregnated flexi-stuff?

Last edited:
Well then buy it. Downforce makes that diffuser.

I think the people in this thread are looking for something more extravagant.

Then why not buy a f-car?...your drive a nsx, this is a ferarri style diffuser.

lol.

price guestimate?

We are still working on a price estimate. It depends on how detailed we are going to make the bumper. A good guess is between 1,200-2,000. It will probably be a full bumper replacement as well.

I agree "talk is cheap" and I'm willing to put down a deposit for a bumper that looks exactly like the one I posted. I'm a shop owner and totally understand that the costs to produce this takes an investment.

rick

Thanks Rick for understanding the economics of the project. Once we spec out the project we will offer a group buy discount for the first 5-10 buyers. I will also find some closer pics of the FX-TA1 widebody rear end.

This time i think you should keep the concave lower sides (1) and the accented horizontal grooves (2) of the original.
It helps make the shape more interresting and not looking so much like a large chunk of plastic.

I agree 100% and those details are being discussed. In addition, the new bumper will be CFD rendered so ensure the design is aero efficient.

this is gonna be crazy...

maybe take the GT-One/Sorcery kit and redo it?

DSC_rear.jpg

The only thing I don't like about the GT-One rear bumper is that if you use it with the oem '02 lower valence, the lines don't quite match up(as can be seen in the pic above).

I agree. If it tapered toward the center it would look better.

+2 I agree it should be more tapered to the center, and probably paint the middle OEM piece black to match in color?

rick

Just to clarify, the entire rear bumper will be replaced. Upper and lower.

Some other things to consider-
It should make sense for a NSX, not a Ferreri
It must be functional
If possible, reduce the "shelf effect" by shortening the depth
Make it one piece (already considered)
Offer a complete package to include under carriage air flow???

As long as it is functional and doesn't lead Ferrari owners to call me a wanna-be, I'm down for one. Good luck with your development process.

Yes, the initial design is being completed and we just purchased another NSX to use for the build. I will keep everyone posted. Thanks!

Update: The build process will begin next week! I will keep everyone posted on the progress. Once the initial design is complete we will CFD the model and optimize the design further to make sure it is a functional piece as well as aesthetically pleasing.

Please allow for different exhaust locations other than stock. I can drill my own if you leave it blank.
Thanks Ken

Update: The build process will begin next week! I will keep everyone posted on the progress. Once the initial design is complete we will CFD the model and optimize the design further to make sure it is a functional piece as well as aesthetically pleasing.
+ 1 on a functional piece. well.. as functional as it can be given offering a full underbody cover is impractical for a street car. hoping some of the FXMD NSX race car tech can make it way to the street!
gtnsx_01e.gif

Please allow for different exhaust locations other than stock. I can drill my own if you leave it blank.
Thanks Ken
+1 on this as well. I redid my entire exhaust system because it seems unlikely a functional diffuser can be used with most exhaust cannisters sitting so low.

Shooting for the stars here but i know compromises will have to made at some point.

Back