• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any NsX vendor will create this Scuderia rear for my 02+ rear bumper?

We are behind schedule with the project due to moving locations and accepting a contract to help build the aero for the premier tuner in the import market. It is still scheduled for development. FXMD Aero will most definetely be finding its way onto the street in the near future. The current widebody on the Unlimited TA NSX is being made into a complete public version, it will be for 2002+ only and will available to only a select few. It will probably be one of the highest developed widebody kits on the market with 1,000's of hours in CFD and actual proven track performance over the past three years.

We are also just finished up our dual plane diffuser for the TA car and are finishing up a new wing design for the NSX in OEM configuration. Lots on the horizon!

Ok guys the project is underway! We will be making a two piece bumper for this system. The lower part of the bumper will come with two versions. Version One will be for those that want to keep the OEM exhaust tip location. Version Two will be for those that are opting for the center exhaust. Obviously, there will be slight differences between the two.

We will not be providing exhaust options for the bumper so get friendly with your local fabricator if you want to go center exit:)

Thoughts, questions, ideas, and concerns please post them now!

Thanks!

Ok guys the project is underway! We will be making a two piece bumper for this system. The lower part of the bumper will come with two versions. Version One will be for those that want to keep the OEM exhaust tip location. Version Two will be for those that are opting for the center exhaust. Obviously, there will be slight differences between the two.

We will not be providing exhaust options for the bumper so get friendly with your local fabricator if you want to go center exit:)

Thanks!
This should work out perfect for me I hope. I'll hold off on having to make my own diffuser ;). Got any idea on ETA? I'm in socal so you can take my car for fitment if needed.

attachment.php

i'm excited because coming from you folks i'm sure it will be at least somewhat functional. Have you thought about how to address the high exhaust temps from back there?

Attachments

• center exit exhaust.jpg
    center exit exhaust.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 1,770
Last edited:
This should work out perfect for me I hope. I'll hold off on having to make my own diffuser ;). Got any idea on ETA? I'm in socal so you can take my car for fitment if needed.

attachment.php

i'm excited because coming from you folks i'm sure it will be at least somewhat functional. Have you thought about how to address the high exhaust temps from back there?

We are looking at about 3 weeks out right now to have our prototype complete on the car. It is taking longer now as essentially we are creating two versions. We are trying to make it as functional as possible working within the confines of the OEM architecture. In regards to the high exhaust temp, are you referring to it burning the bumper?

In regards to the high exhaust temp, are you referring to it burning the bumper?
I have seen the bottom piece of a CF valance (where the Type R diffuser mounts to) warp/bow from excessive heat. This is with a popular aftermarket, but not heat shielded, muffler and the valance is from a popular CF vendor for the NSX. I have not seen it happen to an OEM valance.

What look are you going for?

I'm really liking this look,

attachment.php

What look are you going for?

I'm really liking this look,

attachment.php
This should be doable but one would likely run into significant rear bumper beam modifications just to get the exhaust tips that high. It would take less effort to place the exhaust tips here

attachment.php

Attachments

• conceptual_nsx_rear_valance_exh_exit.jpg
    conceptual_nsx_rear_valance_exh_exit.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 1,556
Last edited:
This should be doable but one would likely run into significant rear bumper beam modifications just to get the exhaust tips that high. It would take less effort to place the exhaust tips here

or.. just integrating them to the OEM location. That would work AND be the most applicable to the bulk of the owners.

attachment.php

My final version had the center exit exhaust like this:

scuderiaNSX71.jpg

+1

Would hate to give up my GT-Rom 5.1 though.

Although the design is probably done, I wouldn't mind if:

* the rear bumper was slightly extended if it helped aerodynamics like the NSX-R GT.

* the rear diffuser was attached as far forward as possible: the rear beam just ahead/below the rear engine mount

* the rear diffuser could optionally be run with the stock bumper--could require a second version or modification to the diffuser by the end user.

* A fuel tank cover could be made that did not require drilling into the chassis to mount: aluminum box channels bolted across the chassis via the bolts for the bars under the fuel tank to serve as mounting points for an aluminum sheet or some sandwich panel.

Bottom line: as long as it's totally functional it will look great.

Last edited:
Hi dear....how's the rear bumper coming alone? Pls keep us updated...million thanks

Thanks!

This is my favorite rendering thus far. Almost a home run. I'm just not sure if it's too aggressive to blend with the rest of the car?
My final version had the center exit exhaust like this:

scuderiaNSX71.jpg
imho...below doesn't look quite as good as your rendering. this would be too aggressive for me personally on a street car. The stickers and the widebody doesn't help but I think it's mainly the thickness of the "fins" that makes me not like them. Looks great for a track car though. Just my opinion
attachment.php

This isn't really a home run either but it's closer.
spoon3.jpg

I'm not sure how I feel about this one yet but I like the direction it's heading.
attachment.php

Last edited:
White car is a home run for me. Rearend of the red car just looks too race inspired/unfinished.

This is the design we have targeted. There are some issues that will make it not 100% spot on as we are making it for the OEM exhaust and OEM Rear Bumper Beam. As mentioned before it will be a two piece design for OEM termination points as well as center exit. You will also be able to place the tips where you want as the bumper will come complete without cut outs for the center exhaust.

Although the design is probably done, I wouldn't mind if:

* the rear bumper was slightly extended if it helped aerodynamics like the NSX-R GT.

* the rear diffuser was attached as far forward as possible: the rear beam just ahead/below the rear engine mount

* the rear diffuser could optionally be run with the stock bumper--could require a second version or modification to the diffuser by the end user.

* A fuel tank cover could be made that did not require drilling into the chassis to mount: aluminum box channels bolted across the chassis via the bolts for the bars under the fuel tank to serve as mounting points for an aluminum sheet or some sandwich panel.

Bottom line: as long as it's totally functional it will look great.

The rear bumper will be slightly extended, it will all depend on what our areo engineer determines is functional. The rear diffuser will attach at the boomerang. From that point forward we can make custom under trays for those that want them but they will not be included in the bumper kit.

This is the design we have targeted. There are some issues that will make it not 100% spot on as we are making it for the OEM exhaust and OEM Rear Bumper Beam. As mentioned before it will be a two piece design for OEM termination points as well as center exit. You will also be able to place the tips where you want as the bumper will come complete without cut outs for the center exhaust.

Any teaser photos of the design/testing, or preliminary "estimates" on pricing?

Why work around the stock rear bumper beam? You can make an aftermarket beam that is lighter and better suits hou needs. Have buyers sign off on the legal disclaimer and there you go.

The stock beam is an overweight piece of scrap metal anyhow.

1 Week bump on this same question...

Sorry I missed your post, we will release photos when the project is closer to completion. Price will be less than $2k and more than $1k. It really depends on the molding process and how many pieces are required.

Back