• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone Have Any Experience With P0411?

I get this code every so often; P0411 and P0411P. It has something to do with the secondary air pump for emmisions. Once this code comes on the air pump stops working all together even when I start my car. When the code doesn't come on you can hear the pump running for about 45 seconds at each start of the car (when it's cold out). In a garage the sound that pump makes overpowers the engine noise. The car was sitting for about 2 seaons so maybe one of the hoses is plugged. I'm not too sure. If someone has any advice on what to check for let me know.

P0411 Secondary Air Injection System Incorrect Flow Detected

I'm planning on taking the air pump hoses off in a few weeks so it's ready for March/April (along with some other work). Does anyone have the service manual on trouble shooting the emissions air pump? Where the hoses go and what to look for? My online manual from here doesn't have it (manual says 1992 on it). Don't know when NSXs started getting the pump but I know it's in the back passenger side quarter panel on the other side of the CD changer. Just going by the description of the code above I'm going to take the hoses off, blow them out with an air gun and then put them back.

2005 6-speed all stock.

Sounds like this air pump would be post 96 associated with OBII. Just a guess. So good news is I think, mine is OBI as it's 91. :smile:

That a great trivia question. What year NSX are ULEV. I would of said none. I guess I am getting flashbacks.:smile:

Back