• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone With NSX Experience Using BFGoodrich g-Force Rivals....?

These tires have been recommended to me, but are there any Primers who have actually used these tires on an NSX...? If so, I'd like to hear about your experience using them!!

Thank you.

Not what you asked for but when I was at an autocross test'n'tune last year, these were clearly the favorite tire of the cars where it came in a size to fit them.

Not what you asked for but when I was at an autocross test'n'tune last year, these were clearly the favorite tire of the cars where it came in a size to fit them.
Cool that it comes in the correct sizes for the NSX with 16/17 inch tires.

One of the very few options still available in the (stock or near stock) 16"/17" sizes.

BF Goodrich Rivals
Kumho Ecsta XS
Falken RT615k (have to go 255 in the rear)

Am I missing any?

You have to go to 205 from 215 in the front for any of those. Not sure if that's a compromise or not.
Yes, perhaps not ideal but from what I gather it wouldn't be a big deal. It pushes your R:F diameter ratio to 107.6%, from 104.7% stock, which should be okay for TCS. And with 245 in rear (available with the Hankook and Toyo) it would be 106.2%, which isn't bad at all.

I think it's more about the nature of the specific tire. Of the available tires, if it were me, I would get the Rivals. The size is right and they seem to have a great reputation. After that, my impression is that the Hankook would be next. The Kumho are known to be good in the dry and terrible in the wet. The Falken are known to be good but not in high ambient temperatures. I've driven on none of them, just enjoy reading what I can about tires. I dedicated my OEM wheels to snow tires and bought a set of 17/17 for summer, on which I had Yokohama AD 08R, which were great. But to get the 16" front for those, you need to import from England.

i went to 205 in the front after getting a comfort level on here that it would be fine,and it has been.i did it to get bridgestone potenza re-11's,which at that time were available in the stock rear size of 245/40-17.now i believe that size is no longer available,so you have to go to 255's on re-11s,which means you are narrower than oem in front,and wider in the back,which i am less comfortable with.re-11a's are available in 245 for the rear,but not in any sizes that fit the front.
this is one reason i am trying 17/18 wheels.

Last edited:
I had a chance to drive s2000 on these BFGs. Great tire and for 16/17 rims I'd chose them over ecsta xs which I had a chance to run also. Actually it's probably the only tire I would get to match oem fit.

Back