• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AP-X NSX turbo system (angus turbo kit)

Re: DIY Turbo kit

One question? Why did you decide to go with the T-67 turbos? Doesn't a smaller ball bearing turbo make more sense if you want more power in lower RPMs; hence a nicer powerband that goes from southwest to northeast on a graph?

I am a newbie with turbos as I have never owned a car that has a turbo in it, so I appreciate the feedback.

Oh and what brand are the injectors and wastegate? Just want to know where the parts are coming from.

I am in the market for a turbo kit, and just saw this thread.

Thanks.

Turbo sizing is not that simple; while a smaller turbo will have a lighter turbocharger wheel, which should spool up quicker than a larger wheel, it will not be able to flow as much air at high rpm as the larger turbocharger (so you will have good low end response, but will run out of boost at higher rpm).

Other factors come into play, such as turbine housing shape and turbine blade size. A small turbine housing will help the turbo spool faster, but will also become an exhaust restriction at high rpm. There are different turbine blade shapes, some of which are designed for a different flow curve, which may be right for certain motors.

In addition, turbo charger selection involves bearing type, blade type, compressor housing type, watercooled vs oil cooled, etc.

When selecting a turbocharger you must try to accommodate all of these factors, and decide what's best for your application. There is no single 'right turbo', but there are some which produce much better performance.

Turbo sizing is not that simple; while a smaller turbo will have a lighter turbocharger wheel, which should spool up quicker than a larger wheel, it will not be able to flow as much air at high rpm as the larger turbocharger (so you will have good low end response, but will run out of boost at higher rpm).

Other factors come into play, such as turbine housing shape and turbine blade size. A small turbine housing will help the turbo spool faster, but will also become an exhaust restriction at high rpm. There are different turbine blade shapes, some of which are designed for a different flow curve, which may be right for certain motors.

In addition, turbo charger selection involves bearing type, blade type, compressor housing type, watercooled vs oil cooled, etc.

When selecting a turbocharger you must try to accommodate all of these factors, and decide what's best for your application. There is no single 'right turbo', but there are some which produce much better performance.

Thanks For chiming in here and I agree with you on turbo sizing. If you look at the dyno graphs , I have sized this turbo provide a power curve similar to stock - only with more power at every point . While a smaller turbo could boost low RPM and a bigger one will boost high RPM , this turbo comes as close as possible to providing the best of both worlds.

Stick-e-rice you have a PM.

This thread is making me sick....people are getting along.....people are agreeing on the same ideas and principals.....is this really Nsxprime?
I remember the day when the world was like this...where city buses where red and white and not disguised as houses or bill boards, when children played in the street and yelled out CAR!
Life is good once again.
I too one day will join my brothers in the land of turbo, til then, I remain on the dark side of Belt Driven Boost!
Trev

This thread is making me sick....people are getting along.....people are agreeing on the same ideas and principals.....is this really Nsxprime?
I remember the day when the world was like this...where city buses where red and white and not disguised as houses or bill boards, when children played in the street and yelled out CAR!
Life is good once again.
I too one day will join my brothers in the land of turbo, til then, I remain on the dark side of Belt Driven Boost!
Trev
It's because it's the Holiday season. Don't worry, it will be back to normal soon :tongue: haha

Not on my watch - and not on my thread .:smile:

Twin cannister exhaust

I have a complete turbo kit ready to ship out if anyone would like to pull the trigger...

Last edited:

Thank you for all the recebt information on your kit and my options. I will be in touch with you as soon as im ready.

thanks alot

Blaine

I'm still waiting for some good weather so I can make a quick video. Hopefully that happens sometime before May. :wink:

Is the kit everything you thought it would be? How is the response on the turbo?

thanks

Blaine

I've been watching this kit for a while. I sold my nsx 18 months ago but i miss it so much i want to pick up another in 2010 sometime. I hope this Kit remains available for the forseeable future. There's jus so much value to what you are offering compared to other options. By then they should be a measurable realiability rating within the NSX community( in terms of mileage/ length of time owned).
regards,

Last edited:

Is the kit everything you thought it would be? How is the response on the turbo?

thanks

Blaine

I would love to hear what any of those who have my kit think .

I personally find the response to be as close as possible to stock except it has way more power.

The kit is everything I thought it would be. The quality and fit and finish is perfect. I had my exhaust polished, and the rest of my piping ceramic coated. For the people that saw my car they see that the parts I put on my car have to be top quality. The car speaks for it self, this kit would not be on my car if it were sub par. Wil, is a great person to deal with as well. I called him all sorts of time with questions and he was always there to answer. If he could not pick up within a hal hour you would get a call back. All the parts came when promised, and fitment was perfect. The car drives like a stock nsx until you get on the throttle. I have the AEM FIC, and have no issues with cold starts. We got hammered here in NJ yesterday, and the temperature was around 21 degrees. My car is garged kept, so I decided to start the car to see if it would have any issues, and none what so ever. Like I have said in previous post, If I were going to turbo my nsx I would go with Wil's kit again. Any questions pm me for my number. Also, anyone who is interested I will provide rides in the spring. Frank

Thanks alot Frank for the great relply! If you could PM your phone number I would greatly appreciate it as I would like to ask you some further questions.

thanks alot,

Blaine Waddell
210-838-1818

You guys are so lucky that you bought this turbo kit from Angus. He is a great guy with great service and support!!

Thanks Guys for all the compliments! It makes me very happy to know that people are happy with my products.

I have also updated my original post to reflect current options and pricing.

Since I have had some interest in them, I have decided to add that I can supply the GT ball bearing turbocharger as an option in my kit , while it can provide some useful advantages , the cost is higher (not hugely) so you will need to decide wether it is worth it to you. I can offer anything ranging from a GT35r and up.

I would like to see if there is interest in having topspeed or obx headers included in the kit , I am trying to worjk out a del on them.

thanks,
Wil

I just read through this entire thread and i want one.....really bad, im in the same situation as cozmo said on his first post...if i bought one my wife would beat me...maybe ill have one in 5 months haha!

Also, I want to see some of Franks pictures!!!...interested in seeing his polished/ ceramic coated kit with the special (driving ambition) intercooler setup in the engine bay....hook it up frank!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

All in all, Wil this seems like a great setup/product for our NSX community. Great job!

Wasn't it stated on page 21 that the oil line must be ran under the charge pipe:confused: Or does the stainless line allow for it to go over instead of under?

attachment.php
[/QUOTE]

Did someone answer this question or did it get missed? I am curious as well. Thanks!

Yes , the optional stainless line kit allows it to go over the charge pipe!

Last edited:

Wow Reading this post has been a long and enjoyful experience cant wait til i get my hands on this kit. Thats if your still offering it by the time i come up with the money can you pm me a list of the parts complete kit along with intercooler i mean everything hopeing to have the money in a couple months been looking at the LoveFab Turbo kit but i think im a little more impressed with yours so im sold.

Wow Reading this post has been a long and enjoyful experience cant wait til i get my hands on this kit. Thats if your still offering it by the time i come up with the money can you pm me a list of the parts complete kit along with intercooler i mean everything hopeing to have the money in a couple months been looking at the LoveFab Turbo kit but i think im a little more impressed with yours so im sold.

Thanks for your interest! PM sent.

Back